Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the honour to announce the THEBEN competition on behalf of @Mr Miserable

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square R3 and within its Minor Square 17

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @LoneRanger (R3 12) who was just 84 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
In 2nd place was @Andenan (R3 12) who was a mere 84 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @prizos (R3 13) who was 86 NM off target.

Both @Andenan and @LoneRanger chose the same square but the win was awarded to @LoneRanger as the square was chosen 6 days earlier!

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was O1
The most popular Minor Square overall was 18
If you had chosen that combination, which nobody did, you would have ended up 898 NM off target.

Would be possible but unlikely. If they were going to knock the cars out in one day. Your tesla rep would call to confirm you can pick up on the 30th by now. All ships have sailed and cars allocated. Unless someone cancels their order.
In the Model Y delivery thread there is info from a TSA “Just spoke on the phone. I have been told 30th will be the only day I will be offered (Southampton), as they're due in on the 29th. Don’t know how to copy the thread across so screen grab attached. Not sure how reliable the TSA info is but this does perhaps suggest Morning Peace may have at least one Tesla on board??

Attachments

• 8A5FF587-2F49-4207-94B4-077AB01CFD7D.jpeg
    8A5FF587-2F49-4207-94B4-077AB01CFD7D.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: Kingpopsy
In the Model Y delivery thread there is info from a TSA “Just spoke on the phone. I have been told 30th will be the only day I will be offered (Southampton), as they're due in on the 29th. Don’t know how to copy the thread across so screen grab attached. Not sure how reliable the TSA info is but this does perhaps suggest Morning Peace may have at least one Tesla on board??
That's what i would expect. Looks more promising for Morning Peace now then. Unusual schedule/unusual times we are in. If they were arriving 29th and have to be sold by 30th. You would get a call from tesla as they want to make sure you can take delivery on the 30th. If you can't, then it will go to someone else.

Just came across this news Mr M.
Tesla is set to produce 71K vehicles in June from Giga Shanghai factory with production estimate of 17k per week starting 13th June.
Is there hope that NABUCCO set to sail on 20th June - can carry these vehicles. That will be roughly 17K vehicles for that one week manufactured and good enough to load and set on its voyage. Equivalent to 4 ship capacity.

Remember you calling it unlikely earlier but given the production volumes and also a scheduled ship a week later - any chance?
First stop is scheduled for Thailand which incidentally is a Right hand side drive country followed by Southampton.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for clarifying! Morning Peace will be a real panic to fulfil orders before quarter end. I have been offered a home delivery so not sure how that will happen if my car is on Morning Peace. 🤪
Remember that we are not sure if Morning Peace does have any Tesla’s onboard. Mr M thinks not, and he is very much in the know, the evidence today may be unreliable/innacurate as it has only come from a conversation with a Tesla sales agent. Let’s see what Mr M says once he is back from his happy holidays.

I’m very proud!
As soon as my back is turned it all kicks off!
HORIZON LEADER confirmed into Koper on 18 Jun and MORNING PEACE is now off the suspect list to become a likely Tesla vessel - the Barcelona call and the Southampton date confirmations clinch it.
Forget GALVESTON HIGHWAY.
Morning Peace is definitely a Tesla ship. Just got a delivery confirmation- no choice. Just 30 June. I picked a time. Southampton.

At the moment, it's between 22/6 and 01/7.
Unless you’re car is being transported from Spain (which Tesla do not do), and moved at a very fast pace, it’s not on a morning Peace. Tesla want all cars handed over before July.

As for people suggesting Morning Peace has cars for the Uk, It’s now due on the 29th. It’s added a stop, Spain. Still not convinced there is Teslas on board. The limited collections on the 30th are also at Manchester, Bluewater, Bristol and Staines. There is not enough time to get them from Southampton to other destinations and prepped, plated etc on time.

These UK cars must be from RCC Europe and the 30th collection dates are likely the only date remaining following slots being filled up.

It’s more probable not all of RCC Europe was allocated and allocation started again recently, plus cancellations.

If there is cars on Morning Peace, the my god, They know how to get them moving into customers arms. That would be super impressive.

Need to get that drone up and watch her unload!

1654891702375.png

Last edited:
I’d lean towards RCC Europe cars. If there is over 4K cars on board, limited collection slots, it would fill up to the 30th June after prep.
After 'prep'? A few checks that take 5 mins and maybe quick wash with a dirty rag maybe. Not from me and taken from Mr Ms earlier posts on this confirming the same. It's a push, but defo possible for Morning Peace to be unloaded and then have transporters waiting to go to respective collections sites based on current schedule. Will be tight for sure though...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220610-212450_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20220610-212450_Edge.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 92
After 'prep'? A few checks that take 5 mins and maybe quick wash with a dirty rag maybe. Not from me and taken from Mr Ms earlier posts on this confirming the same. It's a push, but defo possible for Morning Peace to be unloaded and then have transporters waiting to go to respective collections sites based on current schedule. Will be tight for sure though...
Some people have got the 28th and 29th collection date today also. They are not on Morning Peace.

Reactions: MistaB
Unless you’re car is being transported from Spain (which Tesla do not do), and moved at a very fast pace, it’s not on a morning Peace.
Given its current location, I was surprised to hear this was the ship the car was on but I presumed it might unload at Barcelona which would theoretically mean it could be a Q2 delivery - not that far for northern Spain/southern France deliveries but if you say Tesla don't do that, I bow to your knowledge.

Given its current location, I was surprised to hear this was the ship the car was on but I presumed it might unload at Barcelona which would theoretically mean it could be a Q2 delivery - not that far for northern Spain/southern France deliveries but if you say Tesla don't do that, I bow to your knowledge.
From what I understand Tesla don’t unload there. Unless that’s changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.