Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr. Miserable
thank you, once more, for your very usefull informations!

Have you seen that: RCC Antwerp for Koper on 23rd Aug 2022? 😃 Am I correct?
Yup That is correct and the timings look good too.
The idea that RCC ANTWERP was bound for Barcelona came from that German article.
It was incorrect about the ship's name and it was incorrect about the ship's destination but apart from that....
She may head off to Barcelona after Koper - we shall see....

Thursday 11 Aug 22

Thank you all for the great response to yesterday's update.

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. As expected she earlier passed through the Straits of Gibraltar and is now in the North Atlantic. Competition results will be announced tomorrow....

GLOVIS SUMMIT She is also heading to Southampton with an ETA of 16 Aug . She has onboard 3,026 M3 and 853 MY for the EU and probably around 1100 or so cars for the UK. I therefore expect her to head to Zeebrugge once she has unloaded in Southampton. She is still maintaining a high speed cruise of over 18kts. UPDATE: She is confirmed to be heading to Zeebrugge from Southampton ETA Zeebrugge 17 Aug.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!
She is in the Gulf of Aden where the temperatures are similar to S England at the moment but the humidity there is between 80- 90% making it unpleasantly hot.

RCC ANTWERP is in the Bay of Bengal in good sea conditions however now is the time to check the lashings because it's going to get a bit bumpy in a couple of days time. We now know she is heading to Koper (23 Aug) with 4052 MY on board. Whether this will be her only stop we don't know.

GLOVIS COMPANION is still in the South China Sea and maintaining over 17kts. She's bound for Suez with what looks like a load of MY destined for the UK. I'm expecting her to arrive in Southampton around 01 Sep. Do check your Tesla accounts for a hidden VIN. It's time for the GLOVIS COMPANION competition! Click HERE to enter

Just for the record I mentioned earlier that we have two ships inbound to Pier 80 at the moment - GLOVIS SOLOMON on 13 Aug followed by GLOVIS SIGMA on 17 Aug. This is very unusual at this stage of the quarter and something I will be keeping an eye on.

Also please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

Last edited:
GLOVIS COMPANION Competition

Where will GLOVIS COMPANION be at Midday UTC on 28 Aug 22?
She should be sailing between Suez and Southampton.​
EU Maj Sq.png

All you have to do is choose a major square and then one of the 25 minor squares within it, that you think the ship will be located in.
(I realise they aren't actually square!)

Minor Squares.png

Although a lot of likely major squares contain land, careful selection of the minor square will place your selection at sea eg Major Square P3 and Minor Square 23 is fine but P3 and 1 is going to be a loser!

Only 1 entry per person
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest small square first will be declared the winner.
The competition will close for entries at Midday UTC on 23 Aug 22 .
There is no prize - it's just bit of fun!
Results will be announced on the shipping thread on 28 Aug 22.

You don't need to sign in to Google or enter an email address to enter!
BUT please enter your real TMC forum username. Thank you

Click HERE to enter

@Mr Miserable Sat image dated today (11th Aug).

It seems the port is filling up again.

View attachment 839635
It's perhaps worth noting that Troy Teslike estimates that Shanghai will produce 161,000 M3 & MY for the Chinese domestic market alone in Q3.
Ship watchers will have seen the constant stream of local car carriers loading at Shanghai South this quarter. I haven't been counting them or logging them but it's never been this busy in my opinion.

Does it mean that we wont get the the delivery for EDD 11 Aug to 31 Aug?
Let's do some calculation. MORNING CHORUS has ETA Zeebrugge 18 Aug. Based on past history, looking at Mr. M's spreadsheet on page 1, then it should take ~3 days for the ship to depart to Drammen/Oslo filled with M3s (I could only find ships with Oslo as 2nd destination in the spreadsheet). Estimate a 2 day sail and we end up at Aug 23 Aug. That leaves a good week to deliver before Aug 31. I accept corrections!!

Let's do some calculation. MORNING CHORUS has ETA Zeebrugge 18 Aug. Based on past history, looking at Mr. M's spreadsheet on page 1, then it should take ~3 days for the ship to depart to Drammen/Oslo filled with M3s (I could only find ships with Oslo as 2nd destination in the spreadsheet). Estimate a 2 day sail and we end up at Aug 23 Aug. That leaves a good week to deliver before Aug 31. I accept corrections!!
How about AUTOSTAR Dep Zeebrugge 22 Aug Arr Drammen 26 Aug?

Reactions: matsi91
More shipping news

I've noted unusual activity over at Pier 80.
We have at least two ships inbound GLOVIS SOLOMON on 13 Aug followed by GLOVIS SIGMA on 17 Aug
Edit: too early for me and I thought you meant Southampton docks 😢

I have a M3RWD collecting from Southampton. They said it comes out of inspection 22 August earliest.. any idea how long inspection / unloading normally is

A week after unloading seems a little long for chorus/summit.. or I may just be getting impatient! They do have an awfully large number to process

Reactions: Edward Mango
Status
Not open for further replies.