Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused because when I was contacted about my delivery slot I was told you can choose between 28, 29 and 30, and nothing earlier because the car won't arrive before the 27th. When I asked if they meant the ship, they said no at the Bristol Collection centre. My hidden VIN first appeared on the 23rd August, which I think was 4 days after Sunrise left Shanghai (please correct me if I'm wrong with this date Mr Miserable). This would tie in with the common view that VIN's are being assigned just before the refuelling stop at Singapore. So on this basis that would put my car on Sunrise.

Mr Miserable, on the basis that all of Sunrise's cargo is unloaded at Southampton (4k+ cars) do you know how long it would take them to distribute this number. Could it be that they are scheduling deliveries for both w/c 19/09 and 26/09 from this shipment?
Let me see what I said last night (and the day before...)
GLOVIS COURAGE is crossing the Bay of Bengal and is heading for Suez. She is bound for Barcelona with an ETA of 20 Sep. Could she be heading to Southampton after Barcelona? I reckon an ETA of 27 Sep would tie-in nicely with the rumours. We shall see....

Thursday 08 Sep 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

GLOVIS CHALLENGE will dock in Barcelona tomorrow morning.

GLOVIS SUNRISE is now in the Mediterranean and is heading for Southampton where she is planning to arrive a week today on 15 Sep.

PAGANELLA should dock in Melbourne tomorrow.

GLOVIS SUN Her ETA for Suez has now changed to the morning of 11 Sep which is very unusual. I would hope she strives to make the evening of 10 Sep or else she will face a delay of at least 24 hrs. Her current speed of over 18kts suggests she is giving it a go. I strongly suspect she is heading for Zeebrugge - ETA ~ 19 Sep.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL is also heading for Suez, although she still hasn't updated her AIS destination. She is running about 48 hrs behind GLOVIS SUN. She is heading for Koper with an arrival date of 16 Sep. She is now entering the Gulf of Aden.

GLOVIS COURAGE is passing to the south of India and is heading for Suez. She is bound for Barcelona with an ETA of 20 Sep. Could she be heading to Southampton after Barcelona? I reckon an ETA of 27 Sep would tie-in nicely with the rumours. We shall see....

SUNRISE ACE is suspected of delivering Teslas to Singapore and is presently enroute to Barcelona (13 Sep) and eventually Zeebrugge on 21 Sep. Worth keeping an eye on possibly but I think it a slim chance that she is actually carrying any Teslas.

CARRERA departed Shanghai South and I have concluded that her visit was not Tesla related.
GRAND VENUS arrived alongside Shanghai South from Yokohama. If she returns there then there is every likelihood that she will be carrying Teslas.

Over in Norway, AUTO ENERGY has just departed Drammen after dumping a load more MIG MY. It definitely looks like Berlin have finally opened a can of red paint to go with their black and white tins.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.

Over in Norway, AUTO ENERGY has just departed Drammen after dumping a load more MIG MY. It definitely looks like Berlin have finally opened a can of red paint to go with their black and white tins.
I still think the red must be left over from HOEGH ST PETERSBURG, the Tobias video of Giga Berlin today still only has Black and White MY, and AUTO ENERGY did go to Zeebrugge so I think the coloured MY are MIC. I've also been checking the Norway registrations daily and no sign of that coloured tin of paint yet.
I've been working all day so I've just had the chance to look, it's dark but the dock looks crammed with Tesla.

Reactions: Chocochip
Maybe a little of topic but maybe someone with more experience can comment on this:
My car is supposed to be in Glovis Crystal. This ship is confirmed to be in Koper on 16th of September. I am from Slovenia so I suppose the pickup will be sometime around 20th of September. The thing I am worried about is because I still do not have VIN in my app / web page and me EDD is still 12 - 26 of September. I do have a VIN in the source web page though. Should I be concerned? The SA is assuring me that the vehicle will be delivered in September but frankly I do not believe a word he is saying.
Thank you.

I'm affraid that the internal sources from Barcelona port, have said that Glovis Courage will be unloaded fully in there.
Thinking number of cars, two full ships unloaded to Barcelona would be c. 8000+ Tesla. In Jan-Jun2022 Spain registered about 2000 Tesla in total. So to me 8000+ sounds like an incredibly high number, even if some go to the south of France from Barcelona. Just based on numbers I suspect one of the two ships must go on to Zeebrugge...?

Grand Venus is making her way to Bristol ( probably not tesla related ) and Zebrugge - even money bet. JP customer may resume pounding sand
Thanks again for an informative post.
I think we can confidently say that GRAND VENUS is not on Tesla business.

It's interesting to note that at present there are about 14 RoRos anchored off Shanghai waiting for a berth. Whilst 2 weeks ago there were no delays for RoRos at Shanghai, the typhoon appears to have had a significant impact and I wonder if the utilisation of Taicang and Shanghai South at the moment is an effort to circumvent the delays at Haitong. Just a thought...

Last edited:
Thinking number of cars, two full ships unloaded to Barcelona would be c. 8000+ Tesla. In Jan-Jun2022 Spain registered about 2000 Tesla in total. So to me 8000+ sounds like an incredibly high number, even if some go to the south of France from Barcelona. Just based on numbers I suspect one of the two ships must go on to Zeebrugge...?
well that would make sense. But let me tell you :D Glovis Challange is leaving 0 Model 3 in Spain and few Model Y.
All model 3 allocations for Spain are in Glovis Courage, and if I had to quantify them, there might be arround 1~1.3k M3 for Spain (all models), and 1k Model Y. The rest is dispatched to Portugal, France, Germany and some other parts.

Reactions: Michael C
Let me see what I said last night (and the day before...)
I'm affraid that the internal sources from Barcelona port, have said that Glovis Courage will be unloaded fully in there.
Well there you go!

The point I was trying to make, was that on the basis of the facts that I have been given, along with the fact, upon which everyone seems to agree, namely that VINs are issued 4 or so days from departure, this didn't seem possible.

Thanks for your sarcastic response, which was obviously appreciated by your followers, who can now thumbs down this response.

There's been a constant steam of transporters going past my office window in Southampton docks Thursday and Friday this week, at least 35-40. I guess they must have been from the Glovis Companion which left on Saturday. So roughly five to six days to prepare for transport to dealers.

One thing I have noticed is that all the cars I've seen this week have had rear privicy glass. Is this new?

20220908_092343.jpg

Well there you go!

The point I was trying to make, was that on the basis of the facts that I have been given, along with the fact, upon which everyone seems to agree, namely that VINs are issued 4 or so days from departure, this didn't seem possible.

Thanks for your sarcastic response, which was obviously appreciated by your followers, who can now thumbs down this response.
I apologise for any offence caused.

Friday 09 Sep 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

GLOVIS CHALLENGE has arrived in Barcelona.

GLOVIS SUNRISE is now in the Mediterranean and is heading for Southampton where she is planning to arrive on 15 Sep.

PAGANELLA has arrived in Melbourne.

GLOVIS SUN There is little to no chance of her making it to Suez for 10 Sep and so it looks like she won't transit the canal until 12 Sep. I strongly suspect she is heading for Zeebrugge - My revised ETA ~ 20 Sep.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL is also heading for Suez, although she still hasn't updated her AIS destination. She is running about 36 hrs behind GLOVIS SUN. She is heading for Koper with an arrival date of 16 Sep. She has now entered the Red Sea.

GLOVIS COURAGE is crossing the Arabian Sea and is heading for Suez. She is bound for Barcelona with an ETA of 20 Sep.

I'm struggling to identify any ship that could arrive in Southampton around 27 Sep that could be carrying Teslas, apart from GLOVIS COURAGE.
I'm also pretty confident that we haven't missed a shipment.

SUNRISE ACE is suspected of delivering Teslas to Singapore and is presently enroute to Barcelona (13 Sep) and eventually Zeebrugge on 21 Sep. Worth keeping an eye on possibly but I think it a very slim chance that she is actually carrying any Teslas.

GRAND VENUS is alongside Shanghai South. She is not Tesla related as @Tentomushi found a schedule that has her heading for Bristol (probably MGs). Congestion at the main Shanghai terminal at Haitong may be causing the uptick in Shanghai South usage. There are 12 RoRos waiting to dock in Shanghai at the moment.

I forgot to mention that our San Francisco dog walker has reported that the whiteboard of interest is disappointingly clean at the moment so it would appear that nothing is planned to depart from Pier 80 in the forseeable future.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.

Last edited:

Franco thinks Grand Venus had Teslas, but the intel shared here suggests not…

When questioned he says:

I'm just grateful to @Tentomushi for finding GRAND VENUS's itinerary or else I may have been tempted to make a similar error to Franco.
We already know that Shanghai South is not a Tesla only port and so care needs to be taken before declaring a Tesla shipment. I hope this practice stops before Q4 though as it will make matters very confusing. We will need WuWa to conduct a daily sweep to see what is loading where.

Sunrise arrival schedule is now published. For all the “sunrisers” out there, I hope your excitement is not getting out of hand and that you’ve been progressing your pre-delivery actions smoothly (chargers, insurance, invoice payments, etc). Many of you will be receiving your first ever electric car and like me will possibly only have had a short test drive in one before. Best wishes, SBB

Attachments

• B1AF3DFE-74F1-41D3-8589-C6F5823BDAE4.jpeg
    B1AF3DFE-74F1-41D3-8589-C6F5823BDAE4.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 78
I've said it before but 2022 has been amazingly quiet so far for severe weather. None of the Tesla shipments from Shanghai have been affected and even Shanghai itself was given a wide berth by Typhoon Hinnamnor the other week but that's about to change.
A relatively small tropical storm SE of Taiwan has suddenly blossomed into a strengthening Typhoon named Muifa and it is currently predicted to hit Shanghai on Thursday. The typhoon is predicted to strengthen to category 3 level (peak winds up to 129mph) as it departs to the north of Taiwan but then weaken as it approaches Shanghai. Even on that optimistic outlook we are looking at winds of 80-90 mph around Shanghai and lots and lots of rain. It could disrupt production at the GF in the event of possible power cuts and transportation difficulties for the workforce.
Weather forecasting remains an inexact science and forecasting the exact path and behaviour of a typhoon or hurricane is the subject of enormous research by academics who will be the first to admit that it remains an educated guess for the moment. This is especially true this season which is not following the established norms either in the Atlantic or Pacific.
Watch for the ships vacating the harbour and anchorages again over the coming days and escaping towards the predicted safer waters south of Japan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.