Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hidden VIN (LRWYGCEK2NC*), but no ETA in the app. Tesla even said by SMS last week it could come already in October, but its not on HOEGH COPENHAGEN. It does not makes sense.
I noticed the same VIN was also mentioned back in January in this thread.

Hello, we in the German Tesla forum got the info, that the Grimaldi ship GRANDE ABIDJAN is a Charter for this tour.
That is why she does not appear in the Grimaldi list. Therefore, there are only 2 possibilities for me:
Either a Tesla charter including plenty of spare parts by container for Europe or she has nothing to do with Tesla at all.

Greetings from the German Tesla Forum

Chat option never appears on my computer.......bit like my expected car :rolleyes: :D
I had this. But when I was on the Model Y page scrolling to the bottom, a chat icon appeared in the bottom right. Thought it was for just new sales but it worked and they give me an update. Nov EDD as an FYI.

I was logged onto my account. Doing my 17th hidden VIN check for the day. So you may need to be logged in as well. Hope this helps.

It's raining TMY RWD VINs in France, for orders from 26/08 to 17/09 with 'car hitch' (don't know if it's the right word for this lol)

Any chance we could find if on Viking Queen by checking a website with our vin? As it was done for Grand California....

I tried here as Viking Queen is part of their fleet but not found

Last edited:
I ordered a red MY LR LHD back in May 27. No VIN yet, but estimated delivery October 26 - November 15.

Tesla called me yesterday and asked if I prefer delivery this year or in 2023... In Norway we risk a tax that will increase the total price by about 8% if the vehicle is not registered until 2023. The answer was quite obvious. I also got an SMS shortly after asking the same thing.

I had this. But when I was on the Model Y page scrolling to the bottom, a chat icon appeared in the bottom right. Thought it was for just new sales but it worked and they give me an update. Nov EDD as an FYI.

I was logged onto my account. Doing my 17th hidden VIN check for the day. So you may need to be logged in as well. Hope this helps.
Much appreciated pal. Only 17???? 😂

Reactions: AndyMY22
I've just been listening to Elon & Co doing their Q3 earnings call. As usual it was as if it was being conducted by a load of 4th formers with bold pie-in-the-sky statements with little meat to get to grips with. Even the printed blurb was vague with no scale and with pretty meaningless statements:

Screenshot 2022-10-19 at 23.25.34.png

Elon recognised (finally!) that Tesla had outpaced the delivery logistics. Unfortuneately it was a double whammy - road transport in the US and ships from Shanghai. (Rail transport of cars in the US is very expensive). I don't know the solution to the US road transport situation.
The ready availability of ships to export from Shanghai is no longer, as the automotive industries of Japan and Korea emerge from their enforced hibernation and a host of new manufacturers in China start their ambitious export programmes. He seems to think that 'flattening the sombrero' and smoothing out the peaks will do the trick. Well I have news for you Elon, that will not rustle up the quantity of ships you need. It might make them a bit cheaper but you have already shown your hand to the shipping companies and the cost of shipping Teslas to Europe is going to cost big money from now on. You have no choice and they realise it. The alternative is to enter the shipping business as other car manufacturers found they had to do. It would be cheaper than buying Twitter.
My suggestion would be to recommence Model 3 exports to Europe from Fremont (with S/X) and call it a day for Model Y from Shanghai to EU. Let Berlin supply MY to UK/EU. I'm sure this was the MY plan anyway but circumstances are such that it needs to be brought forward.
It may cause some short term pain but this is only because some sensible decisions were not made a year or so ago.
I'm sure there is a guy in Tesla logistics saying "I told you so!".

As I said yesterday evening, we got many VINs in France (from 6pm to this morning) for TMY RWD (white, blue, black, red, but no grey, all with hitch except one), but no one was able to find on what ship there are from. Sure not on hoegh Copenhagen (checked plus wrong timing), sur not on Grand California (checked with known website).
Any idea of where to search for ? I tried with gram car carrier website (Viking Queen owner?) But vin is not recognize.
Will ask tchat for info.

Any advice?
Delivery date 17/11

Last edited:
As I said yesterday evening, we got many VINs in France for TMY RWD, but no one was able to find on what ship there are from. Sure not on hoegh Copenhagen (checked plus wrong timing), sur not on Grand California (checked with known website).
Any idea of where to search for ? I tried with gram car carrier website (Viking Queen owner?) But vin is not recognize.
Will ask tchat for info.

Any advice?
Delivery date 17/11
Also a lot of Model 3 VIN's in Germany. Viking Queen seems likely, I think she will head to Barcelona (non-factual, just my thoughts as Germany will also recieve some MY''s and M3's from Glovis Supreme @ Barcelona).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.