Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything specific for the Swiss market? I’m thinking about customs, border controls, delays, specific shipments (once a Quarter perhaps?)

Reason why I’m asking is because I didn’t get a VIN and placed the order in November. It’s a Black/Black/20 configuration with winter tires.

They promised me “first week of March” but the timeline is getting narrower by the day.
In the past cars were shipped via Zeebrugge to Switzerland however I wouldn't be surprised if they used Koper too.

For working with textile industries in China.
The CYN is sacred, they are off 1 week.

In the automotive industry, is this similar?
CYN is sacred for any business in china. It is the period people travel to visit family and relatives sometimes on the other side of the country. From my experience: you end up with only 60 to 80% showing up again after CYN, the rest saw the light and changed jobs without notice and will never come back. And you can expect a covid uplift after it as well due to a lot of people getting together. So the general impact is the weeks or months after CYN visible, not before.

Hi all, i'm new here, love the tips and tricks... but no VIN yet ( maybe i'm just being impatient... ) ordered MY LR grey with black/black interior and 20 inch wheels with extra set wintertyres on 13/01/2022, Will keep you posted when I receive a VIN. Destination is Belgium, EDD still end February/begin March according to Tesla site and advisors. Got a few problems with getting a quote for my current car ( isn't a tesla though ) I'm hoping the next ship docking in shangai will have mine on board, which would return a VIN in my account (or source code that is.. ) :)

Hi all, i'm new here, love the tips and tricks... but no VIN yet ( maybe i'm just being impatient... ) ordered MY LR grey with black/black interior and 20 inch wheels with extra set wintertyres on 13/01/2022, Will keep you posted when I receive a VIN. Destination is Belgium, EDD still end February/begin March according to Tesla site and advisors. Got a few problems with getting a quote for my current car ( isn't a tesla though ) I'm hoping the next ship docking in shangai will have mine on board, which would return a VIN in my account (or source code that is.. ) :)
They are still processing december orders at the moment.

CYN is sacred for any business in china. It is the period people travel to visit family and relatives sometimes on the other side of the country. From my experience: you end up with only 60 to 80% showing up again after CYN, the rest saw the light and changed jobs without notice and will never come back. And you can expect a covid uplift after it as well due to a lot of people getting together. So the general impact is the weeks or months after CYN visible, not before.
I am sure that there is no turnover in the workforce at Tesla China after Chinese New Year.
Such a clean place to be in China, also in terms of pay, is certainly appreciated.

Greets and just my 2 ...

This is not true :) I ordered in November and still no VIN assigned. They are just processing randomly, giving priority to random people, pushing late other random folks. Quite frankly, the attention to the detail Tesla has is embarrassing for the price tag of their goods.

My guess is its not random, just not a pattern that helps us make sense of things.

how many spec variations are there? Eg lets say they have pipelines for RWD, LR, P model 3. Then within each pipe they have separate lists for each colour, each interior spec, wheel choice.

Then for each of those lists they'll have production estimates and put some on boats. Then they'll do the matching which may be more likely by car/sku than by user.

I would expect that if you and me both ordered exactly the same spec - and that spec is on the boat now - then whoever ordered sooner should get matched first. But you can see how a different spec might get assigned to you even if you ordered later, because that can depend on what is on the boat

LAKE COMO still no destination available .... but maybe ETA 11.2.2022 maybe Suez and Koper for 16.2. (?) oder even Elat (Israel) ?

This vessel never passed Suez-Canal or visited any European harbor ... so maybe first time ?

Last edited:
My guess is its not random, just not a pattern that helps us make sense of things.

how many spec variations are there? Eg lets say they have pipelines for RWD, LR, P model 3. Then within each pipe they have separate lists for each colour, each interior spec, wheel choice.

Then for each of those lists they'll have production estimates and put some on boats. Then they'll do the matching which may be more likely by car/sku than by user.

I would expect that if you and me both ordered exactly the same spec - and that spec is on the boat now - then whoever ordered sooner should get matched first. But you can see how a different spec might get assigned to you even if you ordered later, because that can depend on what is on the boat
Nope. I know someone ordered the same specs as mine on the 10.01. and already got the VIN. I ordered on 10.11.2021 and still nothing.

This is not true :) I ordered in November and still no VIN assigned. They are just processing randomly, giving priority to random people, pushing late other random folks. Quite frankly, the attention to the detail Tesla has is embarrassing for the price tag of their goods.
Yeah, also still waiting on VIN assignment for my Nov '22 order. Same day order with same config (except with EAP added) has been assigned. I can't make any sense of all of this. Only thing I can think of is that I had a trade-in car and accepted the trade-in offer late.

Reactions: EwanMcTeagle
Thanks for correcting me. I heard of people that ordered beginning of December getting their vin. So I assumed they did it in order of purchase date. Thanks for clearing this for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.