Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mr Miserable I’ve been reading this post (like many I would guess) since i had order confirmation on the 29th Dec and received confirmed delivery date of 15th Feb for my M3LR, White and completely standard. As my car will be a company vehicle and leased via Lex i dont have access to the VIN so continually guessing from the updates. Are the delays to some shipments likely to mean a delay for my delivery or is it likely that the Grande California or Hyperion Ray the more like ship based on the confirmed delivery date? TIA
The delays are minor, I wouldn't worry too much.

Got a VIN a couple of hours back, chat told me car is estimated to arrive in Bucharest, Romania on the 28th of February.
LE: Just found my VIN to be loaded on Hoegh Traveller, and it is a 2021 vehicle… is it safe to assume that it is the latest configuration?
I'm sorry but I haven't a clue. That is definitely a question for Tesla though.

Reactions: Andrei.xx
A change of VIN is not unusual especially a hidden VIN - it happened to me. Didn't change the estimated delivery date though.
Thanks. I’m trying to reason out the shipping as I haven’t been assigned a VIN at all whilst some others who have ordered at similar times to me have. I don’t care as I’m in no rush at all but playing a guessing game with myself on the shipping just for fun :)

Last edited:
Apologies for my drive-by photography. But the Docks at Soton are FULL with Teslas today. Mostly M3's I couldn't noticeably see any Model Y's (admittedly hard to notice the difference from a distance)
Screenshot_1.jpg

So here are the latest satellite positions of ships that are positively identified as carrying Teslas:

View attachment 764440

GRANDE CALIFORNIA arrived alongside Southampton this morning and is now due to depart to Zeebrugge early tomorrow morning. ETA ZEE 04 Feb
HYPERION RAY is now not due to alongside Southampton Western Docks until very late 08 Feb/early 09 Feb. ETA ZEE 10 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER was delayed departing Piraeus and I reckon is now 24hrs behind schedule. ETA ZEE 13 Feb
VIKING BRAVERY It looks like she will not be doing her canal transit tomorrow but on Saturday instead. Her known ETA for Zeebrugge is 15 Feb and I would now expect her to arrive in Southampton 13 Feb.
SFL COMPOSER ETA Southampton around 24 Feb Zeebrugge 26 Feb

The following ships are on my watch list. They may turn out to be Tesla vessels (most will not) but I'm keeping an eye on them. Once firm evidence emerges that they are Tesla vessels they get promoted to the chart above otherwise they will be removed.

View attachment 764443

ASIAN EMPEROR continues to load at Shanghai South. It was a false alarm this morning and I am now reliably informed that I shouldn't expect her to depart until tomorrow afternoon (local - 7am UK time). I was also told that I was correct to expect ASIAN EXPLORER to take her place. We shall see....

Some may be surprised to see that HELIOS RAY remains on the watch list but on further investigation there appears to be no hard evidence that she is actually a Tesla ship at the moment. I'm not saying she isn't a Tesla ship just no evidence to say she is, if you catch my drift.
Seems interesting that we so far have no ships with Koper as a destination, whereas there were 6 of them in Q421. Any ideas why that might be?

So here are the latest satellite positions of ships that are positively identified as carrying Teslas:

View attachment 764440

GRANDE CALIFORNIA arrived alongside Southampton this morning and is now due to depart to Zeebrugge early tomorrow morning. ETA ZEE 04 Feb
HYPERION RAY is now not due to alongside Southampton Western Docks until very late 08 Feb/early 09 Feb. ETA ZEE 10 Feb
HOEGH TRAVELLER was delayed departing Piraeus and I reckon is now 24hrs behind schedule. ETA ZEE 13 Feb
VIKING BRAVERY It looks like she will not be doing her canal transit tomorrow but on Saturday instead. Her known ETA for Zeebrugge is 15 Feb and I would now expect her to arrive in Southampton 13 Feb.
SFL COMPOSER ETA Southampton around 24 Feb Zeebrugge 26 Feb

The following ships are on my watch list. They may turn out to be Tesla vessels (most will not) but I'm keeping an eye on them. Once firm evidence emerges that they are Tesla vessels they get promoted to the chart above otherwise they will be removed.

View attachment 764443

ASIAN EMPEROR continues to load at Shanghai South. It was a false alarm this morning and I am now reliably informed that I shouldn't expect her to depart until tomorrow afternoon (local - 7am UK time). I was also told that I was correct to expect ASIAN EXPLORER to take her place. We shall see....

Some may be surprised to see that HELIOS RAY remains on the watch list but on further investigation there appears to be no hard evidence that she is actually a Tesla ship at the moment. I'm not saying she isn't a Tesla ship just no evidence to say she is, if you catch my drift.
Seems interesting that we have no ships with tentative destination to Koper, and there were 6 of them in Q4 2021, any ideas why that might be?

Seems interesting that we so far have no ships with Koper as a destination, whereas there were 6 of them in Q421. Any ideas why that might be?
I know one source counted 6, however I counted just 5 Tesla ships to Koper in 21Q4.
I expected Koper to be used more towards the end of the quarter and so the plethora of ships throughout Q4 was a surprise to me quite frankly. I am sure we will see Koper used again this quarter but we may not identify the ships as Koper bound until they depart Suez or they feature on the Koper arrivals board.

Reactions: nova56
Glad I found this thread! I'm hoping to get a more more precise ETA one of these days.

A couple of days ago, my Tesla sales rep told me the first ship is due to arrive in Drammen (my guess is the Hyperion Ray), Norway mid Feb, with Teslas prepped and ready for delivery by late Feb, early March.

Hoping my M3 will be on either Hyperion Ray or SFL Composer. My money is on the Composer. I got my ETA the same day it supposedly left the dock at Shanghai, but there's no way it'll be delivered to me by February if that's the case. I see a lot of really knowledgeable people here, does anyone have any thoughts? Questions?

Apologies for the several posts. I'm unable to edit, as I'm new to the forum. I was unable to update my signature with the stats, so here they are;

Red Model 3 Standard · Black Interior · 18" Aero - Wheels · Nokian R3 Winter Tyres

Ordered: January 12th 2022

Expected: February, since Jan 29th 2022

Delivery location: Norway

I ordered an MY on 15th January 2022. I’ve just seen an update that the EDD is March 3rd - 17th.
I should have added that I have a VIN assigned and I checked on VIN decoderz and it's a MY. I know this is a coincidence but I didn't see any updates in the app since I ordered (Obviously) and yesterday I ordered a charger and some mats for the car and then today an EDD...

Glad I found this thread! I'm hoping to get a more more precise ETA one of these days.

A couple of days ago, my Tesla sales rep told me the first ship is due to arrive in Drammen (my guess is the Hyperion Ray), Norway mid Feb, with Teslas prepped and ready for delivery by late Feb, early March.

Hoping my M3 will be on either Hyperion Ray or SFL Composer. My money is on the Composer. I got my ETA the same day it supposedly left the dock at Shanghai, but there's no way it'll be delivered to me by February if that's the case. I see a lot of really knowledgeable people here, does anyone have any thoughts? Questions?
I explained the shipping process for Norway on here about a week or so ago - I'm afraid at the moment because of all the VIN chat, you may have to scroll back quite a few pages.

Reactions: Redbull77
Apologies for the several posts. I'm unable to edit, as I'm new to the forum. I was unable to update my signature with the stats, so here they are;

Red Model 3 Standard · Black Interior · 18" Aero - Wheels · Nokian R3 Winter Tyres

Ordered: January 12th 2022

Expected: February, since Jan 29th 2022

Delivery location: Norway
I ordered 25th of November and also ecpect delivery in Feb.
I also live in Drammen btw. I'm hoping Hoegh traveller has my car seeing as my app updated as soon as ig hit the waters.
I also recieved expected delivery before composer was even talked about.
Maybe that means we will have 2 waves coming to Drammen😁

Status
Not open for further replies.