Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my VIN yesterday and my Tesla advisor just told me that the car should arrive the 18th of March at Zeebrugge (ordered the 31/12/2021, EDD 21/03/2022 in Brussel). I assume that the car is not yet on a ship.
I thought the they gave the VIN only once the cars are on the boat, is that correct ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbull77
I received my VIN yesterday and my Tesla advisor just told me that the car should arrive the 18th of March at Zeebrugge (ordered the 31/12/2021). I assume that the car is not yet on a ship.
I thought the they gave the VIN only once the cars are on the boat, is that correct ?
I would say that it is most definitely on a ship already. I think it is unheard of that an EDD would be given until the shipment is underway. Given that the journey to Zeebrugge is approx 30 days in length, followed by a week or two prior to customer collection, it may be yours is on a ship that departed Shanghai in the last few days. Others may know better which ship is most likely.

Latest satellite positions of ships, north of Suez, known to be carrying Teslas:

Screenshot 2022-02-09 at 18.32.23.png

HYPERION RAY arrived in Southampton this morning with the UK's first shipment of MY. Her departure is now scheduled for 0830 tomorrow morning and so should still make Zeebrugge tomorrow night.
HOEGH TRAVELLER will shortly pass through the Straits of Gibraltar and has an ETA for Zeebrugge of 1600 on 13 Feb. She is not a Tesla charter, Tesla are just using her to ship some Teslas to Zeebrugge.
VIKING BRAVERY is making steady progress north of Algeria and is due to arrive in Southampton at 1600 0n 13 Feb and depart at 1000 on 14 Feb. She could make it to Zeebrugge later that night.
GLOVIS CONDOR is bound for Zeebrugge with an ETA of 2100 15 Feb.

Other ships known to be carrying Teslas are shown on the chart below (less HELIOS RAY)

Screenshot 2022-02-09 at 18.30.51.png

SFL COMPOSER is still maintaining 18kts. My estimate for her is Southampton 23 Feb, Zeebrugge on 25 Feb.
MSC IMMACOLATA I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 27 Feb, Zeebrugge around 01 Mar
GRAND PIONEER I estimate she could arrive in Zeebrugge around 2 Mar however she may actually be inbound to Koper in which case her ETA there will be around 24 Feb.
HELIOS RAY remains 'in the dark'. See yesterday's report for explanation. She is bound for Ashdod 16 Feb and Koper, probably around 21 Feb.

Please note that ASIAN EMPEROR is no longer a ship of interest.

Other ships of interest. These vessels may or may not be carrying Teslas but are on my watch list.

Screenshot 2022-02-09 at 18.27.56.png

LAKE WANAKA
ASIAN MAJESTY
RCC AMSTERDAM The good news here is that whatever 'bits' she was waiting for have been delivered and she is now making 18kts on her way to Singapore.

Ships around Shanghai that I'm monitoring:
Screenshot 2022-02-09 at 18.26.36.png

GLOVIS CHORUS is alongside Shanghai South/Luchao/Nangang
It looks like MORNING CARINA will take her place there in turn

Latest satellite positions of ships, north of Suez, known to be carrying Teslas:

View attachment 766958
HYPERION RAY arrived in Southampton this morning with the UK's first shipment of MY. Her departure is now scheduled for 0830 tomorrow morning and so should still make Zeebrugge tomorrow night.
HOEGH TRAVELLER will shortly pass through the Straits of Gibraltar and has an ETA for Zeebrugge of 1600 on 13 Feb. She is not a Tesla charter, Tesla are just using her to ship some Teslas to Zeebrugge.
VIKING BRAVERY is making steady progress north of Algeria and is due to arrive in Southampton at 1600 0n 13 Feb and depart at 1000 on 14 Feb. She could make it to Zeebrugge later that night.
GLOVIS CONDOR is bound for Zeebrugge with an ETA of 2100 15 Feb.

Other ships known to be carrying Teslas are shown on the chart below (less HELIOS RAY)

View attachment 766960
SFL COMPOSER is still maintaining 18kts. My estimate for her is Southampton 23 Feb, Zeebrugge on 25 Feb.
MSC IMMACOLATA I estimate she will arrive in Southampton around 27 Feb, Zeebrugge around 01 Mar
GRAND PIONEER I estimate she could arrive in Zeebrugge around 2 Mar however she may actually be inbound to Koper in which case her ETA there will be around 24 Feb.
HELIOS RAY remains 'in the dark'. See yesterday's report for explanation. She is bound for Ashdod 16 Feb and Koper, probably around 21 Feb.

Please note that ASIAN EMPEROR is no longer a ship of interest.

Other ships of interest. These vessels may or may not be carrying Teslas but are on my watch list.

View attachment 766962
LAKE WANAKA
ASIAN MAJESTY
RCC AMSTERDAM The good news here is that whatever 'bits' she was waiting for have been delivered and she is now making 18kts on her way to Singapore.

Ships around Shanghai that I'm monitoring:View attachment 766966

GLOVIS CHORUS is alongside Shanghai South/Luchao/Nangang
It looks like MORNING CARINA will take her place there in turn
Thanks @Mr Miserable based on what you have seen in previous quarters, is it possible to estimate how many of the unconfirmed vessels on your watch list might be carrying Tesla's? How much longer might we have for vessels to depart Shanghai for Q1 arrivals?

I spoke to my local Tesla Service Centre (Sausheim, France) today and they expect delivery of my M3 on March 09. My EDD is March 10. They have confirmed it’s on GRAND PIONEER so I’m wondering if it will offload in Kopar or Zeebruge 🤔……any thoughts??

Thanks @Mr Miserable based on what you have seen in previous quarters, is it possible to estimate how many of the unconfirmed vessels on your watch list might be carrying Tesla's? How much longer might we have for vessels to depart Shanghai for Q1 arrivals?
I would hazard a guess that RCC AMSTERDAM, GLOVIS CHORUS and maybe even MORNING CARINA are Tesla vessels. I think this week is the cutoff for Southampton and Zeebrugge but we may still see a couple more ships to Koper. All speculation.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
Status
Not open for further replies.