Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS SYMPHONY competition.

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.
At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square O3 and within its Minor Square 17

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @connectjunkie (O3 16) who was just 51 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)

In 2nd place was @Terry F (O3 12) who was a mere 57 NM off target.
In 3rd place was @davidnolan3d (O3 19) who was 94 NM off target.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:
The most popular Major Square was O1
The most popular Minor Square overall was 2

If you had chosen that combination, which one person did, you would have ended up 778 NM off target.

Most entries expected the ship to be crossing the Bay of Biscay by now.
That was the last competition for Q1!
First time entry and a win! I’m retiring now…

MORNING CARINA Departs Southampton to Zeebrugge on Wednesday evening. ETA Zeebrugge Thu 17 Mar (I'm not sure she will have many Teslas to unload there though as I think this was a UK heavy shipment)
GLOVIS SYMPHONY is now in the North Atlantic making her way north along the coast of Portugal. She will arrive in Southampton (ETA 23:30 Wed 16 Mar) and then depart to Zeebrugge early on Fri 18 Mar.
RCC CLASSIC The port of Koper still have her down to arrive tomorrow but that's not going to happen. She is quite definitely set on heading for Zeebrugge where she should arrive late Saturday/early Sunday morning. I hope they are expecting her!
RCC AMSTERDAM Heading for Oslo ETA 03:00 tomorrow morning.

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 16.54.59.png

Last edited:
RCC CLASSIC UPDATE

Thanks to the German forum for pointing out to me that RCC CLASSIC's Koper booking is now cancelled.
She is deliberately heading for Zeebrugge!
Phew!
Thanks @Mr Miserable. Now I'm curious to understand how much time it will take for the car to be transported from Zeebrugge to Milan.
Does anybody know this? I have scheduled delivery for the 29th of March it seems optimistic since it will arrive the 19th in the port.

Thanks @Mr Miserable. Now I'm curious to understand how much time it will take for the car to be transported from Zeebrugge to Milan.
Does anybody know this? I have scheduled delivery for the 29th of March it seems optimistic since it will arrive the 19th in the port.
Tesla will want to deliver before the end of quarter.
The decision to switch ports won't have been taken lightly. I'm pretty sure you will get delivery on time.

I'm in Italy too (Padova) and waiting for my MYLR, on the account page i can see the appointment scheduled for Mar 25 afternoon (no sms/email notification though) and this morning I received the final invoice with the VIN and the payment request which I executed immediately hoping it will speed up the preparation and delivery..

However I still don't know if my car has already been unloaded from the Grand Dolphin which arrived in Koper last weekend or is in the RCC Classic and thus will experience a delay (I am pretty sure they won't be able to make it to Italy in just 6 days but I might be wrong).. For sure @Mr Miserable knows better what is happening and what to expect.

I'm in Italy too (Padova) and waiting for my MYLR, on the account page i can see the appointment scheduled for Mar 25 afternoon (no sms/email notification though) and this morning I received the final invoice with the VIN and the payment request which I executed immediately hoping it will speed up the preparation and delivery..

However I still don't know if my car has already been unloaded from the Grand Dolphin which arrived in Koper last weekend or is in the RCC Classic and thus will experience a delay (I am pretty sure they won't be able to make it to Italy in just 6 days but I might be wrong).. For sure @Mr Miserable knows better what is happening and what to expect.
If you ask to your SA he/she will tell you on which boat the car is. RCC Classic was expected on the 14th of March in Koper (when it left the Shangai port) and my SA scheduled delivery 2 weeks after on the 29th of March, he said that depending on the timing with trucks and the boat I could have received it on the 26th of March. Looking at your location and timing IMO it is in on RCC Classic, but I hope is on Grand Dolphin, which means your M3 LR could be already on the road coming to you.

For what I've seen on the previous pages of this topic, Zeebrugge don't unload ships on a sunday, so it shouldn't matter too much if our one and only RCC Classic was to arrive on sunday morning.
It should take around 24hrs so it might be unloaded by tuesday.
I hope I can receive my car in Strasbourg by the end of next week.

For what I've seen on the previous pages of this topic, Zeebrugge don't unload ships on a sunday, so it shouldn't matter too much if our one and only RCC Classic was to arrive on sunday morning.
It should take around 24hrs so it might be unloaded by tuesday.
I hope I can receive my car in Strasbourg by the end of next week.
Zeebrugge most certainly do operate on a Sunday - it's a 24 hr operation.
It's the busiest car import/export port in the world.
They are a very efficient operation.
Look at a satellite view of the place and you'll see the sheer size of the place - it's not a M-F place.

Then it's a good thing if they operate in the weekend !
Not sure when I saw that they don't operate on a sunday.
Do they actually ship the cars on a sunday as well, i mean putting them on trucks and shipping them to whatever destination they're bound ?

Last edited:
So... with the RCC CLASSIC, GLOVIS SYMPHONY and MORNING CARINA all due to arrive in Zeebrugge before Monday, what ships should we be looking out for to see cars coming from Zeebrugge to Dublin? There are a few of us with pickups from 24th to 26th here as far as I can tell...

...Or do you think they're already in Zeebrugge or Dublin?

Then it's a good thing if they operate in the weekend !
Not sure when I saw that they don't operate on a sunday.
Do they actually ship the cars on a sunday as well, i mean putting them on trucks and shipping them to whatever destination they're bound ?
Some countries in Europe have restrictions on trucks operating on Sundays eg Germany. I'm not aware that France has a similar restriction.

Reactions: LegendaryName
RCC AMSTERDAM Arrived in Oslo early this morning.
MORNING CARINA Will not now depart Southampton to Zeebrugge until Thursday night. ETA Zeebrugge now Fri 18 Mar (I'm not sure she will have any/many Teslas to unload there though as I think this was a UK heavy shipment)
GLOVIS SYMPHONY is just about to enter the Bay of Biscay. She will not arrive in Southampton now until Thursday morning and won't depart to Zeebrugge until late Friday afternoon, resulting in a Saturday arrival in Zeebrugge.
RCC CLASSIC is tracking along the Algerian coast enroute to Zeebrugge where she should arrive early on Sunday morning.

Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 18.20.19.png

Reactions: dilly28 and Jonte73
Status
Not open for further replies.