Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Reuters, the anticipated resumption date was today (Monday 4th) - but, according to the source, that was not the case and it seems there's no solid date on when it will open.

My EDD remains the same, though, so I'm hoping that means they have made the car and just waiting to ship it. But that may just be my optimism speaking.

We know that Omicron is suuuper contagious and despite severity of the disease not being as bad as previous variants, hospitalisations and deaths will still increase in line with infection rates. Therefore, the pessimist in me thinks that this lockdown could last a whole lot longer than anticipated and it's probable all those waiting will have to expect even more delays 😟. I hope I'm wrong though!

I think it's ok to read between the lines though. If your EDD is really early May, it's probably Tesla's back handed way of saying "you're at the top of the list dude". Most likely means that whatever boats come forward we'll be pretty near the stage and given dibs.

We lost someone near and dear with COVID, so my heart and brain are on their side.. I want them to be safe and well. As much as my patience is dancing, the guys and girls making our cars need to look after each other. If it delays things, there will be no bad feelings here. Just hope everyone makes a swift and full recovery, and motivated to roll out perfect cars after the rest :cool:😍

Yes that means no panel gaps, NEW rear light cluster, and perfection on paint jobs. hahahaha

Soon! :)

🍾

• Love
Reactions: QuanTim
The current position of AN JI 24 is at China Coast (coordinates 30.83615 N / 121.83681 E) reported 21 mins ago by AIS. The vessel arrived at the port of Shanghai, China on Apr 4, 06:33 UTC.

I have personally no clue, but for the fact that ANY SHIP is loitering is good news!

I'd like to stay optimistic if I can!
Fantastic news if this one is being loaded up with cars.

Reactions: Snowy77
Fantastic news if this one is being loaded up with cars.
Just been looking in to it, and it really isn't a bad potential.. @Mr Miserable will probably come along and ruin our hopes and dreams 😁

Pier looks good, it's a vehicle transporter, and if that's not enough just hacked a spy satellite and lots of cars ready to be loaded

1649113025513.png

PS Spotted my car

PPS OK that last bit is BS. But my (on a leash) excitement isn't ☺️

Attachments

• 1649112840533.png
    1649112840533.png
    598.3 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: QuanTim and delta0
Tesla seems to have delivered a combined ~15,600 cars in the UK in the first three months of 2021, split almost exactly down the middle between Ys and 3s, according to SMMT data issued today. This compares to about 12,750 Model 3s (only) in Q4 last year, despite (by my count) the same number of RORO ships docking in Southampton during each interval. Focus seems to be shifting to Model Ys filling up the ships this year, and the ships carrying more cars overall.

More details on registration numbers here:

Reactions: XHabjab and Snowy77
Just been looking in to it, and it really isn't a bad potential.. @Mr Miserable will probably come along and ruin our hopes and dreams 😁

Pier looks good, it's a vehicle transporter, and if that's not enough just hacked a spy satellite and lots of cars ready to be loaded

View attachment 790110

PS Spotted my car

PPS OK that last bit is BS. But my (on a leash) excitement isn't ☺️
Oooh I can see my blue one there! :p

For real though, I hope this lockdown is lifted asap! My dates are still saying 22 May to 19 June so hoping they can still achieve that.

• Funny
My dates are still saying 22 May to 19 June so hoping they can still achieve that.
Mine still saying May 11 - June 9

There's room for some optimism, but they're still covering themselves. Dates will probably promptly change as soon as that Southampton ship sets sail. I wouldn't be surprised if mine syncs with yours. You're not picking up at Bluewater by any chance are you? 🍻

Once a ship sets sail how quickly does the source code get updated with the VIN? And how much notice are we likely to get of a delivery date?

We’re away the last week of our date range shown, really hoping it comes towards the beginning of the slot so we’re not dumping a day old car at Heathrow for a week.

We’ve got those dates from Bluewater too. MY grey,black,20
So this might be interesting in that I have the same MY, MSM, Black, 20" config, but I am a Southampton pickup and have 15th May - 12 June EstD (been this since order placed back in late Feb also). So maybe Bluewater pickups do get them slightly earlier 🤔🙂 Or maybe the date ranges are just a meaningless brain tease 😁

• Funny
Once a ship sets sail how quickly does the source code get updated with the VIN? And how much notice are we likely to get of a delivery date?

We’re away the last week of our date range shown, really hoping it comes towards the beginning of the slot so we’re not dumping a day old car at Heathrow for a week.
Just no clear cut one to this. Some say the VIN appears in source code when vehicle becomes logged on boat, others have had no VIN until they speak to a CS. I also read from previous posters that if you do get a VIN in source code, just means that unofficially your car is on its way, it's then best guesswork as to what boat.. but if there's only one boat it's pretty logical 😄. official ETA, again, usually when boat is a bit nearer Southampton (Europe?) Hopefully I'll get to witness first hand this time! Have a read back through the posts to see around Feb time, I know a lot of telemetry from TMC friends going through it in real time and posting.

The key to collecting your car is to call CS once you have your official collection estimate. They're pretty flexible, and if you need to delay or pick up sooner, just ask them. They'll likely prefer early pick up than delayed / put off pickup. So just be honest and say you're out of the country. You'll be fine :) :)

Hi everyone! Welcome to Q2.
OK So I have identified my first suspect ship for Q2!
The trouble is turning on/off ships is not as easy(?) as closing down a car factory.
The ships will have been booked and they will turn up. There is a bit of wiggle room but each charter contract comes with a handful of lawyers.
Anyway I suspect the first ship is about to arrive. She is presently anchored offshore.
RCC AMERICA
She could still turn out to not be a Tesla ship but she is ticking so many boxes on my score sheet that I'm prepared to show my hand.
If she is a Tesla ship will she depart empty/half full? Will she wait for production to resume?
Who knows?
She could also be a Tesla ship but not one heading for EU/UK but for South Korea.
I'm keeping my eye on her. Hurry up and wait....

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 12.39.31.png

PS if you see a picture of this ship you will see that she was formerly HOEGH AMERICA. If you look for a recent picture of the ship you will see the word HOEGH has been painted out - she is no longer a HOEGH vessel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.