Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us waiting on delivery scheduled for this quarter particularly those with a date mainly in May. What are the chances "our" cars have already been built and thus will not be so affected by the shutdown? I appreciate the general state of affairs in Shanghai could still affect shipping as could not having a full ship load ready.
Sorry if this has been discussed already but there are rather a lot of pages here.

Quite low, Tesla start the production for a quarter around two weeks before the end of the previous one.

Europe-bound cars are built up until a little after the middle of the quarter. From that you can infer all of the cars for Europe are built in roughly a two month window starting just before the quarter; they are then delivered in a two month window going up to the end of the quarter.

So. May deliveries have to be built by roughly the middle of April and leave at least a week before the end of April to hit their May slot.

That means only around ¼ of May's cars have been built already and consequently there's only a 25% chance that any individual order is ready for transport.

It's not an exact science with Tesla's allocation process being what it is, but broadly speaking any order due for delivery after mid June is now at risk of being pushed back to Q3 and everything else should make Q2 if there are no further delays.

• Informative
Reactions: QuanTim
Hi Snowy77 you got any plans for yours when you get it e.g. boost, windows tinted?
possibly boost, but definitely EAP. Boost I'm 50/50 on. I can live without half a second! EAP though... I put EAP to really good use during a test drive. Was really fortunate to get one with EAP. Every time I attempted to park up I wasn't used to the size of the car or not used to the reverse screen (I'm used to hanging out window to line up in my 96 Astra LOL).. Anyway the P sign never failed me to show up, so car just parked itself whilst I sat back in the chair with hands behind my head. EAP will be superb to help park itself as well down beside the house, it's quite narrow, and squeezing out the door will turn me into a contortionist! Think summon will be great ;-)

I thought about tints.. not sure I'll bother.. To me it doesn't look symmetrical enough, id either want everything tinted (illegal) or just leave as is. Think the cars are stunning, don't really need to go over the top.

Might add spoiler though. I like the carbon, but since all trims on the 3 are matte black, figured a matte black spoiler would keep the theme going!

I went mad on Ali-express, so to help me pass some time I went a bit crazy on accessories 😁 I genuinely think I have everything I need now!

Reactions: QuanTim
For those of us waiting on delivery scheduled for this quarter particularly those with a date mainly in May. What are the chances "our" cars have already been built and thus will not be so affected by the shutdown? I appreciate the general state of affairs in Shanghai could still affect shipping as could not having a full ship load ready.
Sorry if this has been discussed already but there are rather a lot of pages here.
Logic suggests that Tesla indicating to loads of orders that a May 9 to May 23rd was in check (mine included). These cars would have probably been rattling out of the production line now(ish), possibly the last few days as well, I suppose once Tesla resign to Q1 being done they'll start the next. In any case, THE boat would have been evident this coming week for sure, probably scheduling some kind of departure around next weekend(ish), taking just under a month in journey time, so really should have landed at Southampton possibly 5th / 6th May (if pickups started on the 9th at places like Bluewater which involves transit).

Mine still says :

1648847838931.png

I mean... who knows tbh. Perhaps they have already nailed the early April shipment to get here for Early May. Perhaps the delays will ricochet on subsequent dispatch. By next weekend we should know more.

🤷‍♂️

Newbie here, our MYLR just got shifted back by a week to May 14 to June 9. Currently a race to see if it arrives before the new defender which is due end of May. Info on build progress been slightly better on the defender but wait has been much longer.........

Could there be any ships that left alot earlier from Shanghai that have the May cars with them? Im thinking about Titus that left Shanghai Mar 6 and will arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow or Morning Pride that left Shanghai Mar 8 and will arrive in Zeebrugge on the 8th of April?
Some good research there but sadly none of these vessels will be carrying Teslas.
There are lots of other vessels you haven't picked out that called at Shanghai and will end up in Zeebrugge too and the whole point of this thread is identifying the likely ships. There are websites elsewhere on the internet that do no discrimination at all and are effectively just a list of ships. That is not the case here.
I've been doing this for a while and generally know what I am looking for to identify a ship as a suspect Tesla carrier. The confirmation comes from you folk - the Tesla customers who post revealing information gained from speaking to their Tesla SA.
Clearly the best info to get is the name of the ship your car is on. With this we can track the ship on every metre of her voyage.
If you can't get the name of the ship the next best thing is to ask when your car is due to arrive in Southampton/Zeebrugge/Koper.
I will almost certainly be able to identify the ship from this information and nine times out ten will have already tagged the vessel as a suspect in any case.
Don't call yet though - nothing has left Shanghai.

Do we know the shipping schedules for next week or do we just wait for ships to set sail?
A schedule would make life too easy!
Tesla generally charter their ships for EU/UK rather than using scheduled services.
The schedules at the moment for ships calling at Shanghai are in any case not worth the paper they are written on. Lots of ships diverting to other ports and big delays.

• Funny
Reactions: delta0
I have failed to locate the KESS schedule for Dublin. Now that they can't service St Petersburg I expect revised schedules to be republished soon.
The ships to watch for are listed on the KESS website but include SEINE HIGHWAY which is alongside Zeebrugge at the moment.

Having said that there are quite a few car carriers lying idle at the moment in NW Europe and a bargain could be had.
Good morning Mr M. I have this moment discovered your excellent thread - Great work Sir.

I await a Model Y LR Estimatewd Delivery May 08 -June 05 at Bluewater. Apologies for a digression from the Thread intent but ought I change pickup to Southampton thereby reducing the amount of handling by truckers etc and the concomitant risk of damage?

Good morning Mr M. I have this moment discovered your excellent thread - Great work Sir.

I await a Model Y LR Estimatewd Delivery May 08 -June 05 at Bluewater. Apologies for a digression from the Thread intent but ought I change pickup to Southampton thereby reducing the amount of handling by truckers etc and the concomitant risk of damage?
What have you been reading on the site for the last 2 months or so? 😂🤣

Looking like Shanghai will open tomorrow (or at least very early this week?) so hoping we start to see some movement.

My EDD hasn’t changed this whole time (where others who had earlier EDD’s than mine have). I will be religiously checking for a VIN in the source code and will share here as soon as it appears. Hoping my car is on one of the first ships to depart this month 🤞🏼

Hi all. My M3 (white/black/18s) has always had an EDD between May and June. At the moment it’s May 11-June 07. If and when a ship leaves Shanghai with Teslas on board, will the only way of knowing if mine is included is if a VIN number appears in my account? How long does it take to appear once ship sets sail?

Hi all. My M3 (white/black/18s) has always had an EDD between May and June. At the moment it’s May 11-June 07. If and when a ship leaves Shanghai with Teslas on board, will the only way of knowing if mine is included is if a VIN number appears in my account? How long does it take to appear once ship sets sail?
Someone more experienced and knowledgable may correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that once your car has been loaded onto the ship, the VIN should then appear in the source code.

There should be more information on which ships will be departing in the next week or two (or 3 if things are really dire in Shanghai) and when. Once a Tesla chartered ship has been confirmed and set sail (will probably be confirmed by Mr M on here), you should check your source code to see if it appears. If it does, likelihood is that your car is on that ship and you'll have a pretty good idea when yours should be available for delivery.

This is exactly what I plan to do. And I, for one, cannot begin to curb my excitement!

Someone more experienced and knowledgable may correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that once your car has been loaded onto the ship, the VIN should then appear in the source code.

There should be more information on which ships will be departing in the next week or two (or 3 if things are really dire in Shanghai) and when. Once a Tesla chartered ship has been confirmed and set sail (will probably be confirmed by Mr M on here), you should check your source code to see if it appears. If it does, likelihood is that your car is on that ship and you'll have a pretty good idea when yours should be available for delivery.

This is exactly what I plan to do. And I, for one, cannot begin to curb my excitement!
I think we will likely see some ships setting sail in the coming week. I’ve still got May 3-31 for mine so there’s some coming soon.

Interesting May 3rd hasn't been revised.. that's only 26 / 27 days away... that's quite optimistic 😁

Does say 'from' though. Still rootin for *something* to leave Shanghai this week though.

🙏
According to Reuters, the anticipated resumption date was today (Monday 4th) - but, according to the source, that was not the case and it seems there's no solid date on when it will open.

My EDD remains the same, though, so I'm hoping that means they have made the car and just waiting to ship it. But that may just be my optimism speaking.

We know that Omicron is suuuper contagious and despite severity of the disease not being as bad as previous variants, hospitalisations and deaths will still increase in line with infection rates. Therefore, the pessimist in me thinks that this lockdown could last a whole lot longer than anticipated and it's probable all those waiting will have to expect even more delays 😟. I hope I'm wrong though!

Reactions: Snowy77
Status
Not open for further replies.