Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry to be the prophet of doom but there simply won’t be any new cars collected in the month of may. As I’ve said on many messages,once a ship sails count 28 days ( rule of thumb ) then add on 2 -7 days depending on where you live for collection. If a ship had sailed
Mr M would have informed you !!!
So because no ship has sailed that ship has sailed.
Got it 👍

Shanghai at 80% capacity according to insideevs, Musk has predicted production will meet Q1 numbers there which is quite a surprise. If that's true we should see shipping soon. I've asked Wu Wa for an update on Luchao port.
Meanwhile, Fremont is allegedly operating at 20% above capacity, which I think it's a misnomer, anyway, that could explain the extra ship from San Fran to (?)Taiwan

If a May delivery is likely then the ship will have departed some time ago. I would by now have expected to see a plethora of VIN allocations from UK and EU and I haven't seen any.
The ship many pinned their hopes on, VIKING ADVENTURE, remains anchored about 100 NM SW of the GF. (I've just checked - she's still there)
The wait continues.....
Just to finish the off top I fully agree with you. It’s strange for me that Tesla very recently has changed EDD to May for people who ordered performance. It may be just a marketing trick - if you want your car earlier pay more.

As we are getting desperate to find ships in this quarter. I wonder if @Mr Miserable had considered these guys with a ship as a potential Tesla carrier. They claim to have a ship that has operated across ferry routes in the past (might be the one in the background), experience of transporting goods and some excellent navigational capabilities. They can offer a cracking deal if Elon is desperate to hit Q2 delivery targets. 😉

Only Fools and Horses boat.jpg

*Caution - Cars may be delivered with only 3 wheels

Pressed leasing company to reach out to Tesla regarding my MYLR, EDD 10/05.

Tesla Enterprise Operations UK response -

“Can't guarantee June 2022 just as yet, still awaiting confirmation of the incoming car specs & numbers that are arriving mid-June onwards”

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Status
Not open for further replies.