Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just ordered an M3P - delivery September. I'm in France but as I understand it, European LHD cars are dropped off at Zeebrugge before the ship continues to Southampton. I looked first at an M3LR but they were quoting delivery times of February 2023.
Car could come via Koper, Slovenia particularly if it is close to quarter-end and we have seen shipments to Le Havre too when the numbers warrant it.

• Informative
Reactions: Sparkeur
if people were thinking about the Hoegh Shanghai as a potential ship, she is not heading to Lutchao grrrrrr
I agree HOEGH SHANGHAI is not very likely to be a Tesla charter but the good news is that once you have your VIN you can check to see if your car is onboard any Hoegh ship. These Hoegh scheduled services have been used on occasion to transport a small number of cars to Zeebrugge (usually cars that for some reason or other missed their allotted charter vessel).

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonte73
The May Miracle is incoming! ;) Maybe the BESS arriving Zeebrugge 21st May does really have Tesla's onboard!
If BESS arrives in Zeebrugge on 21 May it will be a miracle!
She's still in the Straits of Malacca at the moment, on her way from Thailand. 26 May at Zeebrugge is her current ETA.
Nobody would suggest she has Teslas onboard though.

Reactions: Jonte73
21th of may .... nearly impossible. Even when she will arrive at Suez on 16th .... ?!?
She will arrive at Suez on 16th and therefore transit on 17th. Lets say she exits the canal at 1400 on 17th.
The distance from Port Said to Zeebrugge is roughly 3250NM.
In order to arrive at Zeebrugge by 2300 on 21 May she would have to average 31kts and that speed is totally impossible for BESS to achieve.

Reactions: _SunShine
Mr M - am I right in thinking there is a 2-3ish week window now where a ship must leave Shanghai or all Q2 deliveries are off the table?

Why do people keep mentioning Zeebrugge when historically no ships have come to the UK via there?

Would it not be the case that for a ship to leave Shanghai, it would need to be at capacity, or at least a certain threshold? For instance, would Tesla send a ship 30% full? I am thinking that given the reduced production in Shanghai as of late, maybe they wait until they can load X number of cars before sending off a ship?
Also, are these ships Tesla only or would they (could they) share with another manufacturer?

If a May delivery is likely then the ship will have departed some time ago. I would by now have expected to see a plethora of VIN allocations from UK and EU and I haven't seen any.
The ship many pinned their hopes on, VIKING ADVENTURE, remains anchored about 100 NM SW of the GF. (I've just checked - she's still there)
The wait continues....

To my understanding, Mr. M did not rule it out completely...

Mr M - am I right in thinking there is a 2-3ish week window now where a ship must leave Shanghai or all Q2 deliveries are off the table?

Why do people keep mentioning Zeebrugge when historically no ships have come to the UK via there?
Because several posters here are from mainland EU rather than the UK and are just as desperate to get into their cars as UK residents ? 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.