Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they shut the factory for 3 weeks and now its running at part capacity. I think that is a given
well yes and no. For us customers, sure, but officiel numbers tend to come from license plates numbers. A way for tesla to limit impact on its stock value would be to launch vin attributions and license plate registrations as soon as the cars are in the boat, much earlier than usual even if that makes 1+ month between registration and delivery...
That way, they can artificially display strong numbers and get away with this trick :D

Reactions: TERENSHI
well yes and no. For us customers, sure, but officiel numbers tend to come from license plates numbers. A way for tesla to limit impact on its stock value would be to launch vin attributions and license plate registrations as soon as the cars are in the boat, much earlier than usual even if that makes 1+ month between registration and delivery...
That way, they can artificially display strong numbers and get away with this trick :D
No they won't get away with that and their own accountants would balk at that.
Tesla are pretty strict on this themselves, the car has to have been delivered and accepted by the customer for it to be included in any delivery figures.
This seems to include lease cars too, so bulk delivery to a leasing company doesn't count - the lease has to be activated.

No they won't get away with that and their own accountants would balk at that.
Tesla are pretty strict on this themselves, the car has to have been delivered and accepted by the customer for it to be included in any delivery figures.
This seems to include lease cars too, so bulk delivery to a leasing company doesn't count - the lease has to be activated.
I didn't know that was the case in terms of financial informations (but seems logic). Thus in many countries the figures that rank car models sold are solely based on registrations so that would still count a bit in terms of marketshare/marketing value...

I didn't know that was the case in terms of financial informations (but seems logic). Thus in many countries the figures that rank car models sold are solely based on registrations so that would still count a bit in terms of marketshare/marketing value...
Tesla do not need to pre-register cars or discount sales. There are no disused airfields with loads of pre-registered Teslas sitting there.
This is Tesla not a traditional car manufacturer. Everything they can ship is already sold.

I feel the need to build Mr M a website where there is a column with all of our nonsense, a Mr M Column with the wise miserable words. And a simple traffic light that shows the miserable to excited status. (Red miserable, Amber something might be happening, Green now get excited…. All I do is scroll through the see the latest Mr M update.

Reactions: Jonte73
As has been pointed out by others, VIKING ADVENTURE which many are pinning their hopes on, has finally docked at Ningbo.
If she is a Tesla ship she is the first ship to have ever done this. She left Shanghai 5 days ago and has only covered about 100 NM.
If there was any doubt in my mind before, there is no doubt now, this is very unlikely to be a Tesla ship.
I know other sites on the internet continue to tip her, but they are wrong. They have been wrong before and they are wrong now.
Contain your excitement - nothing has shipped from Shanghai yet and looking ahead to at least Saturday, I can't see anything to get excited about.

Reactions: Darreno
Some interesting news from Wu Wa

Attachments

• 6615A8D7-80B8-4C2B-8632-E3537EE7B6F1.jpeg
    6615A8D7-80B8-4C2B-8632-E3537EE7B6F1.jpeg
    579.2 KB · Views: 113
Some interesting news from Wu Wa
Really not wanting to sound condinsending or abrupt etc here, but why is this 'interesting' and relevent for this thread. The poor people of Shanghai are having proper rough time of it and that should be in all our minds here. But then I am struggling to understand how this update specifically impacts the shipping updates of Tesla's and let's be honest our own selfish priorities of getting our luxury cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.