Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another random thought/questions. IF Giga Berlin supplies the UK market in the future, will they still load ships somewhere ultimately (e.g. Germany to Southampton). Probably too early to guess, but was just curious. Any thoughts @Mr Miserable or others whilst the current state of excitement on shipping matters elsewhere remains, well, limp ...
The Tesla Train? Or is that notion loco?

• Informative
Reactions: DrPhlegm
Another random thought/questions. IF Giga Berlin supplies the UK market in the future, will they still load ships somewhere ultimately (e.g. Germany to Southampton). Probably too early to guess, but was just curious. Any thoughts @Mr Miserable or others whilst the current state of excitement on shipping matters elsewhere remains, well, limp ...

Tesla shall follow same route as all other Germans (BMW, MB, Porsche), ship via rail to Zeebrugge, Belgium and from there via daily RORO service to Purfleet, UK

Reactions: DrPhlegm
So, with VIKING ADVENTURE finally out of contention, the ships identified in this thread as worth watching (for Europe) are:
THEBEN and GLOVIS SPLENDOR. @Mr Miserable is GRAND PAVO still a potential?

Any I’ve missed?
THEBEN has taken on the GRAND PAVO itinerary. MORNING PEACE also has a similar itinerary and will therefore be one to watch too.
However, be aware that I am not suggesting these are actually Tesla ships - just that their itineraries are pretty close to what I would expect to see from one.
There are some good reasons I could quote why they will not be Tesla vessels but I am quite happy to put them on a suspects lists until I can definitively rule them out.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Bremerhaven or Emden are closer and might be preferable. Rail is really expensive.

Perhaps you may be right but please do consider Ports of Bremerhaven and Emden are 4.5 hours and 5.5 hours respectively, away via road transport from Berlin GF yet the transhipment from Bremerhaven or Emden Ports to Purfleet will be much longer and more expensive as its a 24-hour voyage versus a few hours (and southhampton twice a sea voyage journey). Yet Berlin GF to Zeebrugge by road is 8.5 hours and only a few hours from Zeebrugge to Purfleet.

Just had a trade in offer valuation after putting it in around 3 weeks ago. I was told by Tesla that they would only offer this once they have more info re- delivery of Tesla (I think loads of previous valuations was expiring due to delays).

Sorry not directly related but my EDD has just changed to June 19-30th from May 30th-June 27. Looks like Tesla also follows this thread and updated EDD according to our intel 😂 But seriously, looks like ships arriving around 15th of June are very likely to carry teslas.
Interesting!
Order date, and spec please? ( better pop it on the Waiting Room thread😉).

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Perhaps you may be right but please do consider Ports of Bremerhaven and Emden are 4.5 hours and 5.5 hours respectively, away via road transport from Berlin GF yet the transhipment from Bremerhaven or Emden Ports to Purfleet will be much longer and more expensive as its a 24-hour voyage versus a few hours (and southhampton twice a sea voyage journey). Yet Berlin GF to Zeebrugge by road is 8.5 hours and only a few hours from Zeebrugge to Purfleet.
I take your point but 8.5 hrs from Berlin to Zeebrugge by road is a dream. The horrendous traffic jams around the Ruhr will put paid to that.

I'm staggered that 'elsewhere on the internet' from where the misplaced hysteria around VIKING ADVENTURE eminated there is not so much as an apology. I will remind everyone that I had doubts about this ship from day 1 and specifically I have doubts about any ship where "a French customer" names it. See here.
The latest frenzy is being built up around THEBEN. You have been warned.....

I'm staggered that 'elsewhere on the internet' from where the misplaced hysteria around VIKING ADVENTURE eminated there is not so much as an apology. I will remind everyone that I had doubts about this ship from day 1 and specifically I have doubts about any ship where "a French customer" names it. See here.
The latest frenzy is being built up around THEBEN. You have been warned.....
Inverted! Never mind flaccid!

• Funny
Reactions: craigp
Status
Not open for further replies.