Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20220508-220738.jpg

If she is indeed a UK bound Tesla ship, I wonder whether the VIN numbers and subsequent texts will be issued any sooner than normal, under the more unique circumstances of a three week delay and customers chomping at the bit for information.

Shouldn’t think so. It’s not like the ship is going to arrive any more quickly just because of the delay in loading vehicles onto it. So I’d expect normal service, whatever that is.

First thing is to see where the GLOVIS SPLENDOR is actually going, then fingers crossed hidden VIN’s start showing up if she’s EU/UK bound…

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Shouldn’t think so. It’s not like the ship is going to arrive any more quickly just because of the delay in loading vehicles onto it. So I’d expect normal service, whatever that is.

First thing is to see where the GLOVIS SPLENDOR is actually going, then fingers crossed hidden VIN’s start showing up if she’s EU/UK bound…
Unrelated to ship speed, or location, I would assume Tesla already know the VIN number of every car onboard that ship, as it's an obvious unique identifier, so allocating VIN earlier should be technically possible.

Whether they would or could do that remains to be seen, food for thought.

Unrelated to ship speed, or location, I would assume Tesla already know the VIN number of every car onboard that ship, as it's an obvious unique identifier, so allocating VIN earlier should be technically possible.

Whether they would or could do that remains to be seen, food for thought.

As I vaguely understand it VINs get allocated a few days after the ship leaves Shanghai, but remain hidden unless you do some website nerdery to examine the account page source. Once the ship is nearer the destination, the VIN is revealed and you are able to book your collection slot.

I can’t imagine this process is any quicker just because of production and loading delays, is all.

As I vaguely understand it VINs get allocated a few days after the ship leaves Shanghai, but remain hidden unless you do some website nerdery to examine the account page source. Once the ship is nearer the destination, the VIN is revealed and you are able to book your collection slot.

I can’t imagine this process is any quicker just because of production and loading delays, is all.
Agreed that it's unlikely they will do this sooner, it was just a musing/passing thought, as in all likelihood they could, but probably won't.

At this stage, I guess we're not even sure the ship is carrying UK bound Tesla's.

Reactions: Utumno
Status
Not open for further replies.