Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this in the general delivery thread as well but might be appropriate here too..

If the below article from Reuters is correct then:

0. "shipment of 4,767 cars left for Slovenia"
1. "Tesla has also arranged for 4,100 cars to be shipped on Friday," (Maybe THEBEN??)
2. "Tesla manufactured 10,757 cars at its Shanghai plant from its reopening on April 19 to April 30"

Inference:
about 5990 cars from April's are ready to be shipped after Glovis departed for Slovania.
There must have been some more produced in May till date..

So I guess we should have at least 2 ship loads ready by now!

Or I am just giving myself false hopes for a June delivery ;-)

Posted this in the general delivery thread as well but might be appropriate here too..

If the below article from Reuters is correct then:

0. "shipment of 4,767 cars left for Slovenia"
1. "Tesla has also arranged for 4,100 cars to be shipped on Friday," (Maybe THEBEN??)
2. "Tesla manufactured 10,757 cars at its Shanghai plant from its reopening on April 19 to April 30"

Inference:
about 5990 cars from April's are ready to be shipped after Glovis departed for Slovania.
There must have been some more produced in May till date..

So I guess we should have at least 2 ship loads ready by now!

Or I am just giving myself false hopes for a June delivery ;-)
And, they should have some ready models before the lockdown as well, no?

Is that what was originally quoted as you placed your order? Im 90% sure they use that date as the placeholder when they haven't assigned a range.
Yep I was told they was looking at august when I asked live chat about this “may 2022” EDD.

An hour later my EDD changed to 23-30th June

In other words UK Tesla employees likely have little to no information regarding delivery time frames

Reactions: indeniall
The shutdown happened in late March they may well have still been producing for the domestic market at that point to get sales in before the end of the quater so there may have been little to no stock waiting for shipping at that point.
in the other hand as there is one zero Covid politic then difficult to deliver cars in China too, so if they want to sell its better to sell to Europe?

The shutdown happened in late March they may well have still been producing for the domestic market at that point to get sales in before the end of the quater so there may have been little to no stock waiting for shipping at that point.
Possibly but, in the Reuters articles, the April sales ( based on vehicles delivered) in China slumped to 98% which most likely would have been beginning of the month l. Maybe, May might show different view.

Also, historically as per previous reports, they make for outside markets early quarter and local is the 3rd month to supply faster.

in the other hand as there is one zero Covid politic then difficult to deliver cars in China too, so if they want to sell its better to sell to Europe?
There are probably small differences between a car for the Chinese market and the EU. I doubt you can just take a for China car stick it on a ship and send to Slovenia. You certainly cannot send them to the UK.

Reactions: Sacharanc
I think it's actually great news, the article has no reason to mislead, and stands to reason that 10k cars were made. 5,100 to depart on Friday aligns many many stars that THEBEN will be the one.

I do wonder if there's enough cars for both THEBEN and MORNING PEACE though.

I do doubt these units will be shipped Friday though. More likely the back end of the weekend at the earliest. We know from the itinerary that THEBEN is sue to arrive in Shanghai on Saturday.. Lets see. A few days is no matter. I'm very happy to see activity, and boats heading to the UK. 14/6 also aligns with my EDD / pickup window.

I'm happy!

I think it's actually great news, the article has no reason to mislead, and stands to reason that 10k cars were made. 5,100 to depart on Friday aligns many many stars that THEBEN will be the one.

I do doubt these units will be shipped Friday though. More likely the back end of the weekend at the earliest. We know from the itinerary that THEBEN is sue to arrive in Shanghai on Saturday.. Lets see. A few days is no matter. I'm very happy to see activity, and boats heading to the UK. 14/6 also aligns with my EDD / pickup window.

I'm happy!
The trouble is GLOVIS splendor was meant for UK until it set sail 😒

I'm happy!
Hopefully means my car is available towards the earlier part of my date range. I suspect our cars will be on Theben

Reactions: Snowy77

I'm happy!
What’s your EDD snowy?

What’s your EDD snowy?
My sig was a little confusing, but after the latest change to my EDD it's currently : 18 June - 30 June

(updated)

EDIT: Which aligns nicely with THEBEN > Southampton

1652276152660.png

Reactions: partywme
Status
Not open for further replies.