Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Koper in Slovenia is a genuine destination. It's used by Tesla to deliver to S Europe (incl France) in particular. Having said that I was driving in Northern France last September and spotted some car transporters carrying M3's heading north towards Luxembourg that had come from Koper.

Koper in Slovenia is a genuine destination. It's used by Tesla to deliver to S Europe (incl France) in particular. Having said that I was driving in Northern France last September and spotted some car transporters carrying M3's heading north towards Luxembourg that had come from Koper.
Koper is directly on the route if it were to go to Southampton after. Although I would guess with less than 11k cars to export then perhaps they will do Southern Europe, Northern Europe and UK on separate ships with UK being the smallest.

Even if it is going to Koper does that automatically mean it is not going on to Southampton afterwards? genuine question. I know nothing about shipping.
Doesn't Stena-Glovis run a set schedule between Asia and Europe via Suez? It's just the ships and the manifests that change while the stops remain the same? A route which it calls "The Far East" which is frankly hilariously colonial ("I say, our electrical buggies are being hauled by liner from the Far East!"). We all call it Asia, Glovis. Chill.

They own Glovis Splendor (it's in their fleet page listing) but the published schedule doesn't mention Splendor. And i can't find the ex "Far East" ("I say!") version of this ex-Europe route. I found a page but it has an internal server error. I am assuming Shanghai has seen ships diverted to attempt to cover the schedule while shipping whatever can be shipped given the likely plethora of cancellations.

Actually I think it's great news that the fact that GLOVIS SPLENDOR is heading to Koper is out now - it has saved a lot of disappointment in 3 weeks time!
Koper may not be her only destination although to be blunt the chances of her coming to Southampton are now slim.
It does mean that we may have another vessel to look forward to and of course THEBEN is in the frame for that. I do wonder however whether she may be too big for the task and whether MORNING PEACE would be more suitable/cost effective for Tesla.
Time will tell......
It's not good news if they built the LHD European cars first after the restart and now have run out of parts.....

I wondered as it hadn’t shown an update since 5th May.
OK The numerous tracking apps and tracking websites operate on 2 levels. The first generally free level is when it supplies positional information supplied by shore- based enthusiasts. The AIS system is effectively line of sight and so as soon as a vessel goes over the horizon or out of range of a enthusiast's receiver the ship's position will no longer be updated.
The second level provides position information based on data received by satellite and is not free. Those same VHF signals transmitted by the AIS system can be received by satellites in low earth orbit. Dedicated nano-satellites are now harvesting this data and selling it on to the tracking companies amongst others. So if you have a subscription to the app or website for satellite data you will benefit accordingly with more or less global coverage with regular position updates but it will cost you about £100 a month.
There are cheaper methods if you are interested in just one ship which cost about £1 a day.

They own Glovis Splendor (it's in their fleet page listing) but the published schedule doesn't mention Splendor. And i can't find the ex "Far East" ("I say!") version of this ex-Europe route. I found a page but it has an internal server error. I am assuming Shanghai has seen ships diverted to attempt to cover the schedule while shipping whatever can be shipped given the likely plethora of cancellations.
GLOVIS SPLENDOR is chartered by Tesla for the voyage and so won't appear on those schedules.

My tools are somewhat less psychic than whatever Mr M uses, but at the moment my London Stock Exchange driven shipping analysis tool has:

MORNING PEACE currently sitting at Qingdao, currently 70% capacity, and THEBEN at Masan currently 83% capacity. What their next move and when is, I can't say.. but, if GLOVIS SPLENDOR isn't heading to Southampton, ahhhh that's a total bummer. I can't tell what the next call is, I can't find any reference to Koper, but then again, I see nothing other than Suez as destination. Right now my tools are limited to current ship status and a pretty map.

Oh well. A pretty map is pretty.

1652258234423.png

Doesn't Stena-Glovis run a set schedule between Asia and Europe via Suez? It's just the ships and the manifests that change while the stops remain the same? A route which it calls "The Far East" which is frankly hilariously colonial ("I say, our electrical buggies are being hauled by liner from the Far East!"). We all call it Asia, Glovis. Chill.
Since Australia has progressively rejected her colonial history the country has been gradually sold to Asia specifically China. Amusingly I did hear a Chinese businessmen refer to a future trip 'downunder'.

Reactions: Wattsisname
GLOVIS SPLENDOR is chartered by Tesla for the voyage and so won't appear on those schedules.
Oh i see. But from info gathered, the route seems largely the same? Does chartering mean they miss certain stops not required?

No clue why i am so into the Euro shipping as an Australian but here we are, Mr M. I guess because if they made you cars, they likely made us cars too.

My tools are somewhat less psychic than whatever Mr M uses, but at the moment my London Stock Exchange driven shipping analysis tool has:

MORNING PEACE currently sitting at Qingdao, currently 70% capacity, and THEBEN at Masan currently 83% capacity. What their next move and when is, I can't say.. but, if GLOVIS SPLENDOR isn't heading to Southampton, ahhhh that's a total bummer. I can't tell what the next call is, I can't find any reference to Koper, but then again, I see nothing other than Suez as destination. Right now my tools are limited to current ship status and a pretty map.

Oh well. A pretty map is pretty.

View attachment 802853
THEBEN's itinerary for what it's worth.

Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 09.42.28.png

and the latest for MORNING PEACE
Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 09.44.11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.