Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seams like a second wave of VINs for EU. My guess would be this is for the second ship approaching Suez?
Only if UK cars are on the first ship. Which they almost certainly are not unless GLOVIS SPLENDOR turns round and goes to Southampton after Koper. Which I seriously doubt.

I think these VINs are more likely to be on HORIZON LEADER.

Interesting theory, so what happened to VINs from Glovis and Theban?
Theory is that they have been preliminarily assigned to predominantly lease customers, who then can’t see them until they are fully assigned by their lease companies. I myself only have a preliminary VIN (hidden in account page source) for "Car #1" (MYLR) and no VIN whatsoever for "Car #2" (M3 RWD).

I’d expect these to start firming up around about now with “full” VINs being confirmed from GLOVIS SPLENDOR - and this matches early reports of some EU accounts getting final invoices today. It’ll take a little while for all lease customers to be notified by their lease companies of course.

This is of course only a theory, but it seems the first (and, apparently, only) UK-bound ship is RCC EUROPE and it defies any reasonable logic that RCC EUROPE has allocated VINs but GLOVIS SPLENDOR and THEBEN have not.

Of course this is all tea leaf reading and theoretical guesswork but I think there is grounds for hope for lease customers yet. Less so for cash/finance customers that don’t have a hidden/preliminary VIN though in my read of the current situation.

Given where RCC EUROPE is, I would expect my own VIN confirmation for Car#1 and final invoice to arrive in about 10 days. Which is just about when RCC EUROPE is due to arrive in Suez, give or take. The dates all line up and fit neatly into a 25-Jun collection, which I have already booked with Tesla. All the jigsaw pieces fit nicely, and nothing else really does.

I'm not expecting Car#2 to be fulfilled now until Aug/Sep at the very earliest, which is causing my Dad (whose car it is) no end of annoyance 😂

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: JOL1
Theory is that they have been preliminarily assigned to predominantly lease customers, who then can’t see them until they are fully assigned by their lease companies. I myself only have a preliminary VIN (hidden in account page source).

I’d expect these to start firming up around about now with “full” VINs being confirmed from GLOVIS SPLENDOR - and this matches early reports of some EU accounts getting final invoices today. It’ll take a little while for all lease customers to be notified by their lease companies of course.

This is of course only a theory, but it seems the first (and, apparently, only) UK-bound ship is RCC EUROPE and it defies any reasonable logic that RCC EUROPE has allocated VINs but GLOVIS SPLENDOR and THEBEN have not.

Of course this is all tea leaf reading and theoretical guesswork but I think there is grounds for hope for lease customers yet. Less so for cash/finance customers that don’t have a hidden/preliminary VIN though in my read of the current situation.

Given where RCC EUROPE is, I would expect my own VIN confirmation and final invoice to arrive in about 10 days. Which is just about when RCC EUROPE is due to arrive in Suez, give or take. The dates all line up and fit neatly into a 25-Jun collection, which I have already booked with Tesla. All the jigsaw pieces fit nicely, and nothing else really does.
The only piece that doesn't fit here... LEX customers have had an SMS, yet no other lease company (ALD, Octopus) has received anything.

The only piece that doesn't fit here... LEX customers have had an SMS, yet no other lease company (ALD, Octopus) has received anything.
Unless only Lex customers are going to receive a vehicle in this quarter 🤷‍♂️

Like I said, it's only a theory. But assuming a single ship of ~4000 cars coming to UK this quarter, it's hardly beyond the bounds of possibility that the vast majority of them are going to Lex. I'm frankly amazed I've been allocated a VIN at all.

Only if they ordered a huge bulk back last year - but does seem strange that we've not heard from _any_ other lease co.

Perhaps that gives us hope that is a nucence of the Tesla system and how payments are processed etc...
I think if we start seeing "full" VIN's going public in 9 days or so, and UK final invoices arriving for non-lease payment methods, and still no joy for ALD/Octopus customers we can be pretty certain that RCC EUROPE is carrying the UK's vehicles this quarter and Lex bulk-bought in advance.

Genuinely though I do hope this is just a nuance/nuisance of the Tesla system and somehow vehicles will be spirited from somewhere for all those waiting for them. Including me :cool:

I think if we start seeing "full" VIN's going public in 9 days or so, and UK final invoices arriving for non-lease payment methods, and still no joy for ALD/Octopus customers we can be pretty certain that RCC EUROPE is carrying the UK's vehicles this quarter and Lex bulk-bought in advance.

Genuinely though I do hope this is just a nuance/nuisance of the Tesla system and somehow vehicles will be spirited from somewhere for all those waiting for them. Including me :cool:
Agreed.

I'm also hoping this is a fair process - executed in date order. Can't imagine the chaos should lease co's allow shifting around of orders based on who shouts loudest.

Agreed.

I'm also hoping this is a fair process - executed in date order. Can't imagine the chaos should lease co's allow shifting around of orders based on who shouts loudest.
I expect Tesla will fulfil based on date and spec (and whatever other factors are in the regular allocation algo).

I fully expect lease companies to horse trade though, once they know what stock is coming in for certain.

Received 2 hours ago my VIN / final invoice for my M3 Perf / Pearl White / Black ordered on March 11th (France).
Estimated delivery has always been May 22 so far (no change since order date) and changed today to Jun 14 Jun 28.

Result of Theben approaching Yemen ( about in same area as Glovis Splendor when first VINs came in last week) ?

Reactions: JOL1
Received 2 hours ago my VIN / final invoice for my M3 Perf / Pearl White / Black ordered on March 11th (France).
Estimated delivery has always been May 22 so far (no change since order date) and changed today to Jun 14 Jun 28.

Result of Theben approaching Yemen ( about in same area as Glovis Splendor when first VINs came in last week) ?

Is this first VIN (source code) or final VIN (visible on the page)?

I'm still holding out this could be GS - but I know I'll get shouted down.

Sticking to my theory, I think your vehicle might well be on GLOVIS SPLENDOR :)

Status
Not open for further replies.