Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very odd, especially when M3 owners have had ETA's for Middle of Augustish
There are two more scheduled ships to Australia that could hit mid August deliveries for East Coasters. Viking Passama due in Shanghai on 19/7 and Morning Crystal 24/7, although that is cutting it tight.

The Australians have been issued VINs, and Invoices with build dates, so the cars are already in existence, it's just a case of figuring out where they are hiding them, and exactly which ship they are going on.

Reactions: Toblerone
There are two more scheduled ships to Australia that could hit mid August deliveries for East Coasters. Viking Passama due in Shanghai on 19/7 and Morning Crystal 24/7, although that is cutting it tight.
I feel like the Passama or Crystal would be deliveries into September. They'll be on the dock/customs for a week or so.

The EDD are estimates after all anyway so who knows really. The EDD 3 owners have does match the Clara and about 1-2 weeks on the dock in customs etc
it's just a case of figuring out where they are hiding them
The big question right now lol
I have a Y with VIN/Invoice/Rego documents so hoping it comes out of hiding and is on the Clara

Very odd, especially when M3 owners have had ETA's for Middle of Augustish
In Ireland, a good number of people receive texts say prepare for deliver. EDD Aug 30 to Sept 29. EDD has since disappeared and been replaced with TBD. From speaking with Tesla in Ireland, we have been advised there are now supply chain issues impacting and no EDD but expect it to be later than end of September. I appreciate this is not strictly shipping related but may help explain lack of ship movement.

I have seen both 12th and 18th mentioned as the day model Y production would resume in Shanghai. Wouldn't 18th be a bit late if MORNING CHORUS is to arrive in Southampton 16 Aug? Or could it be filled with only model 3? Hoping to see a new video from Wu Wa very soon, showing the factory pumping out model Y.

I have seen both 12th and 18th mentioned as the day model Y production would resume in Shanghai. Wouldn't 18th be a bit late if MORNING CHORUS is to arrive in Southampton 16 Aug? Or could it be filled with only model 3? Hoping to see a new video from Wu Wa very soon, showing the factory pumping out model Y.
I am still worried about Covid. BA5 is on the rise in Shanghai

from the Washington Post:
"In response to questions about whether another large-scale lockdown was imminent, the government said on the social media app WeChat that the plan was only to conduct PCR tests for all residents in nine of the city’s 16 districts.
While only one street had been designated high risk, 37 were deemed medium risk on Monday, meaning residents are not allowed to leave their homes.
On the microblogging platform Weibo, many noted that Shanghai officials had made similar denials about a wider lockdown in March. “Originally I half believed them. As soon as there was a denial, I rushed to stock up on goods,” read a comment that received more than 10,000 likes."

I am still worried about Covid. BA5 is on the rise in Shanghai

from the Washington Post:
"In response to questions about whether another large-scale lockdown was imminent, the government said on the social media app WeChat that the plan was only to conduct PCR tests for all residents in nine of the city’s 16 districts.
While only one street had been designated high risk, 37 were deemed medium risk on Monday, meaning residents are not allowed to leave their homes.
On the microblogging platform Weibo, many noted that Shanghai officials had made similar denials about a wider lockdown in March. “Originally I half believed them. As soon as there was a denial, I rushed to stock up on goods,” read a comment that received more than 10,000 likes."
I have a feeling they will not closed down industry again to keep the exports and ports moving.

Reactions: Ashdeman

Seems it is more m3 production that MY production as per this report
There is currently no MY production in Shanghai. MY will restart on 18 Jul at which point M3 will cease until 06 Aug.
Therefore I'm expecting MORNING CHORUS to be exclusively M3.

BTW My MY EDD has now moved to September. I am sure you are all relieved to hear that.

7TH
FXfqYVpWIAMTIGU.jpg

9TH
FXfqYVxWQAEpOdh.jpg

Today
FXfqYVpXwAAglhj.jpg

Just waiting to be loaded, hopefully some LHD MY are there too

How do you see the difference from that hight?
Easiest way to tell when looking straight down is the width of the painted boot lid/rear hatch. Notice how narrow the arc above the rear tail lights on the two white Ys at the top compared to the two white 3s at the bottom. And generally they are parked in bunches, Ys together, and 3s together. Red and White are easy enough to tell, MSM, Black and Blue not so much.

3vsY_Aerial.png

Last edited:
I just noticed the WuWa detailed that its M3s going to Europe according the local media on the video from 4-5 days ago of the docks. The cars are located where @andreiiulian has highlighted on the sat images.

However, given there is some MY's in that video, I'd assume they were from pre shutdown and could make it onto the ship. You can see there is a mixture of RHD and LHD there. One thing to note, on closer inspection the green paper in the windows does sit on the steering wheel side in this video. Not to break hearts, there seems to be a heck of a lot more LHD than RHD there.

1657703994017.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.