Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the point when you posted it, all the VIN reports were for different countries (Finland, Romania, UK, Ireland) - which is useful shipping info.
Yes, and I dropped a reminder for anyone else coming into the thread. Im not sure what the problem is? It’s not good to have the thread full of VINs, it’s happened before, that was a reminder not to do it again.

Reactions: Toblerone
Mod comment: vin discussions easily get side tracked, I can see the potential value but personally I think it’s pretty marginal with regard to shipping. At best it might suggest a boat has left, and some are worthy to leave in as a result, but if I’m missing something wider I’m open to being put right. Which posts are worth leaving in shipping and which aren’t isn’t easy at times and no doubt we sometimes get it wrong or appear inconsistent, I can assure you it’s not for lack of trying.

Sunday 17 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker

MORNING CHORUS is approaching the Straits of Taiwan. She's battling a strong southerly wind and waves of 2.5m which is affecting her forward speed. She's currently making about 14kts across the ground but that should increase tomorrow once she enters the South China Sea. There may be the odd MY onboard but for all intent and purposes this is a Model 3 shipment of around 4500 cars. ETA Southampton 15 Aug.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is now alongside Shanghai South. We don't know her destination but I am going to assume it is Zeebrugge. She is a much larger vessel than Morning Chorus, wider and taller, and so has an extra 15% carrying capacity. I therefore expect she could be loading around 5200 cars.
Again I'm expecting this shipment to be primarily Model 3s.

Over in San Francisco GLOVIS CORONA is alongside Pier 80. Again, we don't know her destination but it is most likely going to be Taiwan.

Links of interest
Can confirm that there are some Model Y's on (most likely) either the Morning Chorus or the Glovis Summit. Just saw a VIN assigned in the source code for our order which is a blue MY LR (LHD). Was the Morning Chorus supposed to make a beeline for Southampton after Singapore or is it expected to also hit Zeebrugge? If not then ours must be on the Glovis.

Scratch that, just saw MountainDan's info :). Could be either one of them then.

Reactions: Toblerone
This might be the case, my edd window does not match with MORNING CHORUS. M3P Norway
Screenshot_20220719-152349_Tesla.jpg

The VIN assignments and EDD are very interesting and particularly useful since they would suggest that we have at least one ship, maybe two already enroute ahead of MORNING CHORUS. I have a couple of suspects but will dig a little further......
I thought so too, but I was admonished by @Darreno and a moderator removed my post.

FYI @Mr Miserable I found my VIN today, I'm in Ireland, and EDD moved earlier to 9 Aug-23 Aug.

If both MORNING CHORUS & GLOVIS SUMMIT head to Zeebrugge and both arrive around 17/18 Aug, then the vehicles could be on the scheduled CLdN RORO on Thu 18th or Friday 19th to Dublin arriving early morning on Sat 20th or Sun 21st - right at the end of the EDD window.

So your hypothesis that there may be another ship arriving Zeebrugge sooner is possible. Happy hunting, and thank you for sharing your insights here with us. 👍

I thought so too, but I was admonished by @Darreno and a moderator removed my post.

FYI @Mr Miserable I found my VIN today, I'm in Ireland, and EDD moved earlier to 9 Aug-23 Aug.

If both MORNING CHORUS & GLOVIS SUMMIT head to Zeebrugge and both arrive around 17/18 Aug, then the vehicles could be on the scheduled CLdN RORO on Thu 18th or Friday 19th to Dublin arriving early morning on Sat 20th or Sun 21st - right at the end of the EDD window.

So your hypothesis that there may be another ship arriving Zeebrugge sooner is possible. Happy hunting, and thank you for sharing your insights here with us. 👍
Your post was moved to orders to delivery. All you’d said was a vin had appeared, you didn’t say when your EDD date was in that post so no way of working out a potential ship arrival.

I’m not entirely sure what you’re on about. I agree VINs are helpful, with the correct information. I posted a reminder (The post says ‘Reminder’) to others possibly posting excess VINs details.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is preparing to depart from Shanghai South, initially to Singapore.
Apologies if i've missed something, but just come back from holiday and catching up on my favourite shipping forecast!!!

I've gathered that GLOVIS SUMMIT is likely Koper bound, and that even though MORNING CHORUS is expected to be UK bound it is most probably M3 heavy.

What are the old spidey-senses saying about the first UK-bound MY heavy ship? Is it safe to say it should be within the next couple of weeks?

So the VIN activity and EDDs suggest there may be at least one shipment that departed before MORNING CHORUS.
It looks like a possible shipment to Koper and/or Zeebrugge is already on the way.

The initial 3 suspects were:

LEO SPIRIT Arrived empty and departed Shanghai after 2 days alongside on 03 Jul. She docked in Singapore which suggests she is not a Tesla charter however that's not to say she may not be carrying some Teslas. I believe she is bound to Zeebrugge, but she is in no rush. Her ETA for Suez is 24 Jul and she is already in the Red Sea, slowly making her way north. She could arrive in Zeebrugge around 3 Aug.

POSEIDON LEADER Departed Shanghai (24hrs alongside) on 04 Jul. Docked in Singapore and is presently in the Indian Ocean heading to Suez with an ETA of 24 Jul. She isn't a Tesla charter either but as above she could be carrying some Teslas. If bound for Koper she could arrive there on 28 Jul or Zeebrugge on 3 Aug

TRAVIATA - I'm satisfied that this ship is unlikely to be carrying any Teslas.

So two suspects - let's see where they head to after Suez......

Apologies if i've missed something, but just come back from holiday and catching up on my favourite shipping forecast!!!

I've gathered that GLOVIS SUMMIT is likely Koper bound, and that even though MORNING CHORUS is expected to be UK bound it is most probably M3 heavy.

What are the old spidey-senses saying about the first UK-bound MY heavy ship? Is it safe to say it should be within the next couple of weeks?
I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.