Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received VIN. My EDD shows August 02-16 so I am a little bit confused if it would be in MORNING CHORUS or not (I live in Finland).

As I mentioned a while ago, I received a VIN and my EDD changed to early August and this confused me in terms of current ships that we know of.

I talked to my SA today and she said that I’ll most likely get it by late August - early September. So I am guessing it’s in GLOVIS SUMMIT.

Thursday 21 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Live position updates via satellite, and it's free!!

MORNING CHORUS continues to make steady progress through the South China Sea towards Singapore where she will stop briefly (~12 hours) for a refuel from a barge off the coast. She is due to arrive in Southampton on 15 Aug.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is making excellent progress, about 2kts faster than MORNING CHORUS, as she enters the South China Sea. Weather conditions are excellent for both ships all the way to Singapore. I expect her to be heading to Zeebrugge with an ETA ~ 17 Aug. Having said that, she could head to Koper with an ETA ~ 11 Aug.

Our two suspect vessels:
LEO SPIRIT is still making her way up the Red Sea towards the Suez Canal. I expect her to transit the canal and enter the Mediterranean on Saturday and then head to Zeebrugge with an ETA ~ 01 Aug

POSEIDON LEADER I'm struggling to find anything about this ship's current voyage. She's currently in the Gulf of Aden and should transit the Suez Canal next Monday. If she's heading for Zeebrugge then we are looking at an ETA ~ 03 Aug or if Koper ~28 Jul.

The latest pictures from WuWa show ships being loaded at Shanghai South directly from car transporters, which is unusual. These ships are bound for Chinese ports and so I don't report them and we are not missing anything.
I have still to identify the next ship to EU/UK but there is one ship which has caught my eye - LAKE GENEVA. She was meant to be heading to Japan from S Korea however for some reason or other she is holding to the west of Jeju. From the draft figure she's reporting she should be full of Hyundai cars but I do wonder if that figure is accurate. She has past form for being chartered by Tesla. One to keep an eye on anyway.

Links of interest

Thursday 21 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Live position updates via satellite, and it's free!!

MORNING CHORUS continues to make steady progress through the South China Sea towards Singapore where she will stop briefly (~12 hours) for a refuel from a barge off the coast. She is due to arrive in Southampton on 15 Aug.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is making excellent progress, about 2kts faster than MORNING CHORUS, as she enters the South China Sea. Weather conditions are excellent for both ships all the way to Singapore. I expect her to be heading to Zeebrugge with an ETA ~ 17 Aug. Having said that, she could head to Koper with an ETA ~ 11 Aug.

Our two suspect vessels:
LEO SPIRIT is still making her way up the Red Sea towards the Suez Canal. I expect her to transit the canal and enter the Mediterranean on Saturday and then head to Zeebrugge with an ETA ~ 01 Aug

POSEIDON LEADER I'm struggling to find anything about this ship's current voyage. She's currently in the Gulf of Aden and should transit the Suez Canal next Monday. If she's heading for Zeebrugge then we are looking at an ETA ~ 03 Aug or if Koper ~28 Jul.

The latest pictures from WuWa show ships being loaded at Shanghai South directly from car transporters, which is unusual. These ships are bound for Chinese ports and so I don't report them and we are not missing anything.
I have still to identify the next ship to EU/UK but there is one ship which has caught my eye - LAKE GENEVA. She was meant to be heading to Japan from S Korea however for some reason or other she is holding to the west of Jeju. From the draft figure she's reporting she should be full of Hyundai cars but I do wonder if that figure is accurate. She has past form for being chartered by Tesla. One to keep an eye on anyway.

Links of interest
Do you think the UK VINs are yet to be issued for cars on Morning Chorus as it hasn't refueled yet?

For those waiting for LHD cars and have a VIN, it may be worth just checking to see if your car is onboard HOEGH TRIGGER
Click here and enter your VIN
Let me know if you have a hit - I suspect not, but you never know...
This was the first I ruled out, although it was the first ship that I tipped to be carrying Tesla in this Q.
And as you suspect, I don't have a hit on their tracking page.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
My M3P was allocated a vin this week and I have been allocated a collection date at the end of August, presumably this ties in with this being on Morning Chorus so perhaps there isn't an earlier ship, My EDD date was 9 Aug to 23 Aug but actual delivery dates being allocated are later.

Status
Not open for further replies.