Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a sound that some cars from Shanghai went on containers?? News from the parts shop, same shipping as parts to Europe ?
Do tesla used before containers ? I think at the beginning with model S?
That's most unlikely, especially because of the container shortage in Shanghai and the cost of shipping - a RoRo charter is much cheaper.
Model S/X used to be shipped partially assembled from the USA (tax reasons) and that required Tesla to open a reassembly plant in Tilburg, NL that has since closed.

Reactions: Sacharanc
Thursday 21 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Live position updates via satellite, and it's free!!

MORNING CHORUS continues to make steady progress through the South China Sea towards Singapore where she will stop briefly (~12 hours) for a refuel from a barge off the coast. She is due to arrive in Southampton on 15 Aug.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is making excellent progress, about 2kts faster than MORNING CHORUS, as she enters the South China Sea. Weather conditions are excellent for both ships all the way to Singapore. I expect her to be heading to Zeebrugge with an ETA ~ 17 Aug. Having said that, she could head to Koper with an ETA ~ 11 Aug.

Our two suspect vessels:
LEO SPIRIT is still making her way up the Red Sea towards the Suez Canal. I expect her to transit the canal and enter the Mediterranean on Saturday and then head to Zeebrugge with an ETA ~ 01 Aug

POSEIDON LEADER I'm struggling to find anything about this ship's current voyage. She's currently in the Gulf of Aden and should transit the Suez Canal next Monday. If she's heading for Zeebrugge then we are looking at an ETA ~ 03 Aug or if Koper ~28 Jul.

The latest pictures from WuWa show ships being loaded at Shanghai South directly from car transporters, which is unusual. These ships are bound for Chinese ports and so I don't report them and we are not missing anything.
I have still to identify the next ship to EU/UK but there is one ship which has caught my eye - LAKE GENEVA. She was meant to be heading to Japan from S Korea however for some reason or other she is holding to the west of Jeju. From the draft figure she's reporting she should be full of Hyundai cars but I do wonder if that figure is accurate. She has past form for being chartered by Tesla. One to keep an eye on anyway.

Links of interest
I thought all production in the first half of each quarter was for export. How come cars for Chinese ports are being loaded in July?

Reactions: Lupin
Friday 22 Jul 22

Tesla Ship Tracker Live position updates via satellite, the most accurate Tesla ship tracking chart on the web!

MORNING CHORUS has arrived off Singapore to take her refuel. She should be on her way again in about 10 hours time. ETA Southampton 15 Aug.

GLOVIS SUMMIT is continuing her fast transit of the South China Sea. She's doing well over 18Kts and should arrive in Singapore for her refuel on Monday. We still don't know where her ultimate destination is - Zeebrugge, Koper or even Southampton.

Suspects:

LEO SPIRIT has arrived at the southern entrance of the Suez Canal and I expect her to start her transit early tomorrow morning and be complete by about 2pm UK time. Hopefully she will have updated her AIS with destination and ETA. I hoping for Zeebrugge ~ 01 Aug

POSEIDON LEADER has now entered the Red Sea and should arrive at the southern entrance of the canal on Monday evening.
I have still not found any details of her present voyage.

Back in Shanghai there is still no sign of the next ship for UK/EU.

Links of interest

Status
Not open for further replies.