Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my Vin LRWYHCEK3NC405xxx
My EDD came forward to 16 august - 2nd September 2022.
Which ship do you think Mr Miserable?
That's interesting. I believe that to be a post shutdown VIN.
The GF restarted MY production on 15 Jul.
I would be a little surprised if the car made it on to GLOVIS SUMMIT.
Which leads me to think that the car isn't yet onboard a ship.
Is this a RCC ANTWERP VIN?

Update: I think it would be very unusual for a VIN to be issued to a UK customer if the car was not on the way and so I have reviewed all the ships that have departed since the MY production restarted. Fortunately there is only one ship that it could possibly be and so I have come to the conclusion that it is highly likely that there are Teslas onboard TITUS. Her schedule however clearly states Eastern Docks in Southampton but I wonder if this is a mistake - the WW offices are in the Eastern Docks but that does not mean she can't use the Western Docks when necessary. I have also noted another feature, which I won't reveal, which reinforces my conclusion that this is a Tesla carrying ship. She spent 36hrs loading at the main Haitong terminal before departing on Friday. She is currently in the South China Sea and will refuel off Singapore on Thursday.
Her ETA in Southampton is 21 Aug and Zeebrugge on 22 Aug. In my opinion, she is definitely now a very strong suspect.

Last edited:
The database shows last Q4 and Q1 there were 8 & 7 uk ships so an average of 2 per week. With a bumper Q3 announced, is this already fizzling out for us or just under reported presently with mystery ships underway. Some folks getting EDDs shifted ahead of folks with earlier order dates sounds like it’s all a big mystery and nobody knows very much actually. I’m guessing mine is now going to be Q4 as my car has a few more days to be delivered after arriving in Southampton, which would be 7 to 8 months and much longer than I was advised at order date by the I store team. If I’d known at time I’d probably have gone elsewhere.

Reactions: Fryto
The database shows last Q4 and Q1 there were 8 & 7 uk ships so an average of 2 per week. With a bumper Q3 announced, is this already fizzling out for us or just under reported presently with mystery ships underway. Some folks getting EDDs shifted ahead of folks with earlier order dates sounds like it’s all a big mystery and nobody knows very much actually. I’m guessing mine is now going to be Q4 as my car has a few more days to be delivered after arriving in Southampton, which would be 7 to 8 months and much longer than I was advised at order date by the I store team. If I’d known at time I’d probably have gone elsewhere.
There is no EDD in this company. They have no respect for the customer.

HI, does anyone have a web site where I can check which ship will have my tesla ( heading to Australia) ?
Thanks

Until evidence of a change in Teslas Australian shipping method changes it a case of working back from the EDD and working forward from the build date. This quarter is going to be uncertain, with three Australia bound ships leaving Shanghai in handful of days, you might not ever figure out which ship carried your car.

Until evidence of a change in Teslas Australian shipping method changes it a case of working back from the EDD and working forward from the build date. This quarter is going to be uncertain, with three Australia bound ships leaving Shanghai in handful of days, you might not ever figure out which ship carried your car.
But I think it’s fair to say more cars will be delivered this quarter than last quarter

Someone over on a model y FB page just posted a load of RHD MY that have just been unloaded in Hong Kong in to tsing yi port
1658731929514.png

1658731962500.png

Attachments

• 1658731949925.png
    1658731949925.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 51

Thank you that makes sense !!!

so has the uk missed the boat again this quarter? I was under the impression all production for 1st month of new quarter was for uk/Europe! my edd has moved to a 4 week window in September, but had 25-30th June at one point, so not holding my breath on it.
I recommend you read the first post in this thread which will give you information on how shipping works in the quarter. For the UK, the last ship of the quarter is likely to depart just past the middle of next month - so plenty of time for your vehicle to manufactured and put aboard a ship.

I recommend you read the first post in this thread which will give you information on how shipping works in the quarter. For the UK, the last ship of the quarter is likely to depart just past the middle of next month - so plenty of time for your vehicle to manufactured and put aboard a ship.
Still that's only +/- 15 days remaining and we were expecting a record number of boats for the UK, like 6+... so far there's only 1 accounted for... so one could be anxious about that unless we are going to witness an unprecedented flurry of UK-bound ships leaving Shanghai within the next two weeks...

Last edited:
HI, does anyone have a web site where I can check which ship will have my tesla ( heading to Australia) ?
Thanks
The simple answer is No. It's a speculative matter which is broadly based on EDD's, Scheduled Delivery Dates which helps match (narrow) a series of potential ships which are tracked on the high seas by enthusiasts such as this forum. If you read back a few pages on this forum you will catch up!!

Reactions: bogdan_wrc
Still that's only +/- 15 days remaining and we were expecting a record number of boats for the UK, like 6+... so far there's only 1 accounted for... so one could be anxious about that unless we are going to witness an unprecedented flurry of UK-bound ships leaving Shanghai within the next two weeks...
Given that both the M3 and MY lines have been shut down for some time during the start of the quarter and that now they are able to produce more vehicles and ever before there is a strong possibility of an unprecedented flurry

Status
Not open for further replies.