Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday 03 Aug 22

Click this link to see where the Tesla ships are currently located Tesla Ship Tracker.

MORNING CHORUS ETA Southampton 15 Aug with 1,000 - 1,500 cars and ETA 18 Aug Zebrugge with 1,999 M3 and 950 MY. She is currently in the Red Sea making her way northwards to the Suez Canal. I expect her to transit the canal on Saturday morning.

Don't forget to enter the MORNING CHORUS competition!. Click HERE to enter. It's free to enter. We've still only about 60 entries so far which is just over half of what I would normally expect to see. The competition closes on Friday!

GLOVIS SUMMIT I believe she is heading for Koper with 3,026 M3 and 853 MY. ETA 12 Aug. I'm getting a little concerned that she has yet to appear on the Koper arrivals board and am beginning to wonder if she could be heading elsewhere. Zeebrugge?

TITUS Not a Tesla charter but believed to carrying some Teslas to the UK. ETA Southampton 21 Aug.

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is carrying 2000 MY to Zeebrugge. If you are on the continent (or possibly Ireland) and are waiting for a MY, when you discover your source code VIN enter it HERE. Do let me know if it was succesful, also let me know the 1st 3 digits of your VIN too please. ETA Zeebrugge 28 Aug. Please note that if you are in the UK your search will be unsuccessful because your car will not be onboard this ship!

SWALLOW ACE She is heading to Barcelona and the timing of her arrival (23 Aug) would suggest she is going direct. This is a pretty rare itinerary. The Tesla Euro shipping info leak the other week had RCC CLASSIC arriving in Barcelona on 22 Aug and so you can understand why I think SWALLOW ACE may possibly be the replacement. She is by no means a certainty but she is a prime suspect at the moment.

RCC ANTWERP has just departed Shanghai South for Suez. The question is whether she is the replacement for RCC CLASSIC. She has posted an ETA for Suez of 19 Aug which is either overly ambitious or she is in a big hurry. She could make it to Barcelona on 23 Aug if she conducts her Suez passage on the 20th and continues her sprint across the Med. Alternatively, could she be heading to Southampton? There is tremendous demand in the UK for September deliveries because a new '72 series' number plate is issued from 01 Sep. If she keeps her speed up she could arrive in Southampton on 27 Aug which is timely. A usually reliable source has informed me that the GF was probably producing MY for the UK earlier this week.

I think the clues as to which ship is likely to be the Barcelona ship will be in the VIN activity over the next couple of days. I know posts on VINs are incredibly boring but do check your Tesla account for a hidden VIN - see how to easily and reliably check in the Links of interest. It worked for me!

HARVEST LEADER is the next ship to dock in Shanghai South and she will be loading for Yokohama, Japan. Tesla have been in Japan for many years now but such is the fierce brand loyalty of the Japanese it has been a very difficult market to enter. This year the nut appears to have been cracked!

I wasn't expecting any further departures from Pier 80 this quarter and so I was surprised to see GLOVIS SOLOMAN is on her way there (ETA 13 Aug).
I'm not expecting any shipments to Europe until Q4 at the earliest and so I assume this will be a further shipment to the Far East.

Do please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.
Thanks as ever. Re HARVEST LEADER I see on the pdf that @Darreno shared that she is schedule in Japan on 11 and 13 Aug but also Thailand on 17 Aug and then Australia. Is all that in theory possible journey time wise? Genuinely curious not a pointed question.

This is shipping related question so bear with me....

Schedules my delivery in Ireland today for Sept 17th. EDD was showing 2-16 September. Initially I thought the cars for Ireland we're on Morning Chorus or Glovis Summit and getting into Zebrugge on Aug 17th/18th I think,so you would expect the cars to make it to Ireland within a week worst case scenario as Tesla don't tend to hold the cars anywhere any longer than they have to. So based on that I don't think Morning Chorus or Glovis Summit. If this is true and given the date of Sept 17th delivery, is it possible that the cars are still in China? I did also call Tesla to see if I could get an earlier delivery date as others have but was advise that my car was arriving on Sept 16th. Asked what ship it was on but they were not able to give any info on that.

Good news, I have found a willing volunteer to keep the Frizzy Database up to date whilst I am galavanting off on holiday. A massive thank you to @WelshDriver who now has the keys. The update button has now returned. I hope a sea of VINs and closer EDDs shower down over the next few weeks for you all :)

You can access the DB from TeslaUpdate | Linktree anytime

The GF has only been producing MY recently and so I'm not surprised that your car is not on its way.
Don't pay yet! It does not get you your car any earlier.
There is still time for your car to arrive this quarter.
Follow this thread for the next UK bound ship and once it is at sea check your Tesla account for a hidden VIN. Don't pay too much attention to the EDD as this will change like the wind. Once you spot your hidden VIN you know your car is on the way. Just be aware that the hidden VIN can change. You may receive a text or a phone call from Tesla offering you delivery options eg place and time. You will then receive your VIN and proposed Reg from them. About 2 weeks to go they will start to prompt you for some money. Payment is by BGC to a Citibank account. You used to be able to see your payments (you may need to pay over several days because of limits to your internet banking) almost instantly arrive into your Tesla account source code but I haven't spotted this on my latest buy.
I’ve got a lease car on order, will they VIN appear on my account too? Or will I need to wait to be contacted by Tesla/ALD?

The GF has only been producing MY recently and so I'm not surprised that your car is not on its way.
Don't pay yet! It does not get you your car any earlier.
There is still time for your car to arrive this quarter.
Follow this thread for the next UK bound ship and once it is at sea check your Tesla account for a hidden VIN. Don't pay too much attention to the EDD as this will change like the wind. Once you spot your hidden VIN you know your car is on the way. Just be aware that the hidden VIN can change. You may receive a text or a phone call from Tesla offering you delivery options eg place and time. You will then receive your VIN and proposed Reg from them. About 2 weeks to go they will start to prompt you for some money. Payment is by BGC to a Citibank account. You used to be able to see your payments (you may need to pay over several days because of limits to your internet banking) almost instantly arrive into your Tesla account source code but I haven't spotted this on my latest buy.
My vin has changed, do u now where I can find the new one

Just seen on the news that the seas around Taiwan will be closed to sea traffic as from tomorrow for 5 days... I am hoping this won't impact RCC Antwerp.. but it may cause issue to shipping for the rest of the quarter.. Worth keeping an eye.. Not sure which traffic this is for... but is is whilst China carries out military exercises.
Consequences of Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan - pandemic’s and now geo-politics 😕

Thanks as ever. Re HARVEST LEADER I see on the pdf that @Darreno shared that she is schedule in Japan on 11 and 13 Aug but also Thailand on 17 Aug and then Australia. Is all that in theory possible journey time wise? Genuinely curious not a pointed question.
Yes it's fine - the dates work out OK at 16kts.

Reactions: DrPhlegm and Frizzy
My Dad has worked there for the last 20+ years and has seen ship after ship over the last few years use it
It's true that many marques of cars are imported there. Honda used to export their Swindon production from there too.
I've often thought Tesla would have been better to use Bristol rather than Southampton. Southampton will always give priority to the cruise ships who use the same berths as Tesla in the Western Docks. Prior to the pandemic it was not unusual to see a Tesla shipment delayed by 48 hrs because of congestion in Southampton.
Prior to establishing a base in Southampton Tesla used Sheerness. This was because of the frequent feeder ships from the main European import hub in Zeebrugge. Ships used to route direct to Zeebrugge and UK cars were then shipped by a smaller vessel to Sheerness.

It's true that many marques of cars are imported there. Honda used to export their Swindon production from there too.
I've often thought Tesla would have been better to use Bristol rather than Southampton. Southampton will always give priority to the cruise ships who use the same berths as Tesla in the Western Docks. Prior to the pandemic it was not unusual to see a Tesla shipment delayed by 48 hrs because of congestion in Southampton.
Prior to establishing a base in Southampton Tesla used Sheerness. This was because of the frequent feeder ships from the main European import hub in Zeebrugge. Ships used to route direct to Zeebrugge and UK cars were then shipped by a smaller vessel to Sheerness.
I will try to find some photos from WhatsApp of previous shipments. Admittedly nothing for quite a while, but for sure he’s sent me videos of Chinese ships arriving full of Tesla’s

Just seen on the news that the seas around Taiwan will be closed to sea traffic as from tomorrow for 5 days... I am hoping this won't impact RCC Antwerp.. but it may cause issue to shipping for the rest of the quarter.. Worth keeping an eye.. Not sure which traffic this is for... but is is whilst China carries out military exercises.
Not too much of a problem. 50% of shipping avoid the Straits of Taiwan in any case and route to the east of Taiwan. It's just that they will have to give Taiwan a bit more of a wider berth. The biggest danger in these waters is the Chinese fishing fleet. They are poorly lit, or very brightly lit (destroys your night vision), often don't use AIS to show their position, don't follow any rules, don't answer the radio, don't speak English if they do, don't give way when they should, are utterly unpredictable and there are hundreds of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.