Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a very expensive way to ship. I wonder if she's going across there on some sort of demo tour.
I admit that I expected Tesla to use Baltimore when they were shipping from the E coast however they used Philly and then repetitively used Newark.
They moved them by road to Philly but by rail to Newark.
Interestingly I note Troy Teslike is forecasting nearly 8K Model S/X to EU in Q4. That's 2 ships worth from Pier 80 which might be a cheaper alternative. (Rail is really expensive) Just a thought....
Unless it's ?VW? one way, and Tesla on return leg...? Unload in Baltimore then move up the coast maybe, certainly worth a casual glance in a week's time

The suspicion is that VINs are allocated from the US because they appear during Texas working hours.
To prove this required someone to check their account every hour. It seems everybody checks their account every hour! So no hardship.
I am not sure about this. I was in the Chester service centre June time and talked to a young lady there briefly. Afterwards, I was talking to the normal sales advisor Daley and he commented that she was the person to get to know, apparently she was in charge of allocations/matching etc. How true this is, I don't know but it was an answer to a question that I never actually asked.

Good to you! :)
In Hungary, no one knows anything, I got a call from local Tesla advisor 3 times, in January, March, May that my car will coming and nothing happened since then... No VIN, no EDD only TBD... :( (Ordered 5th of Dec, 2021)
strange. Romania is closing the orders from 2021. and i think we have more than HU, due tot lower price.
you dont you call other country (germany, for example) and find out more?

I don't see anything on the way to Koper at the moment. The first ship to Koper should be HELIOS RAY which I believe is due there on 19 Sep.
Therefore, I suspect your car must be heading to Barcelona.
GLOVIS SUMMIT will not be stopping at Port Said - it's just a label to say she is heading northbound through the Suez Canal.
She is heading to Southampton and then.....? Zeebrugge?
thank you. which ship for Barcelona than? in the PM we discussed that the car would be on Glovis Summit.
i will go there on holiday, stupid thing that i cannot pick up there...

is it possible to go from Southampton to Zeebrugge and unload there for Romania?

Last edited:
Thanks for this.
TAIPAN Looking back at my notes I had Taipan terminating a voyage at Singapore (so I discounted her on that basis). I did wonder if she was being used for the Singapore shipment.
Looking at her BR220 itinerary I can't see how she could make it to Montevideo for 5 Sep from Singapore without going direct and for that reason alone I think she can be ruled out.

GRAND VEGA I think it's a fair assumption that she will be heading to Europe. She will end up on the watch list as a matter of course but she isn't loading at Shanghai South and she isn't on the list of Q3 EU ships. So the chances of her being a Tesla ship are quite slim in my opinion.

GRAND VEGA is off to Singapore (Due 16th Aug), will keep an eye on her however as you say, slim chances.

Reactions: Edward Mango
EDD got pushed back 1,5 weeks so now it does align with the arrival of either the Morning Chorus or Glovis Summit in Zeebrugge. Was hoping to have the car before the 20th but that is not realistic with the unloading in Zeebrugge , transport to Tilburg and getting the car registered for license plates.

Reactions: Salv0
Here is a small snippet to feed into the shipping maths:
SHANGHAI, Aug 9 - Tesla TSLA.O sold 28,217
Chinese-made vehicles in July, including 19,756 for export, the
China Passenger Car Association (CPCA) said on Tuesday.
Does anybody know if vehicles parked at port but not yet loaded onto a ship are counted as exported?

There's a Wu Wa video uploaded on July 29 with about 7700 Tesla's at Luchao port. RCC Antwerp loaded there around August 2. Was there any potential Tesla ships (heading to non-European destinations) loading there around end of July?

If the answer to both of the above questions is no, the number of Teslas produced for export in Shanghai during July is probably around 30,000.

Bristol collections used to be at Cribbs Causeway shopping centre, transportered from Southampton. They're still transportered from Southampton, but now the collection centre is at the docks. I went there to check the location out last time I was up near Bristol, in June.
Thank you..ok so all eyes on Southampton deliveries.. Ordered March 11.. Red MY black 19"

My order was put on hold yesterday, which I didn’t ask for, nor want. Noticed it this morning and removed the hold. Rang CS who couldn’t explain it. Glad I checked the app 🤬
I suspect they wanted to ensure I was Q4 (which is my EDD currently). All a bit strange.
That’s frustrating… out of curiosity, how did you know it was on hold? Was it quite evident on the app? Or something you had to look out for?

EDD got pushed back 1,5 weeks so now it does align with the arrival of either the Morning Chorus or Glovis Summit in Zeebrugge. Was hoping to have the car before the 20th but that is not realistic with the unloading in Zeebrugge , transport to Tilburg and getting the car registered for license plates.
Have you been contacted yet for an actual delivery date? I haven't, and I am getting a bit worried as I leave the country for two months on September 1st....

Status
Not open for further replies.