Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the vin’s assigned to those lucky people and then comparing their orders dates to EDD’s

I think there could another ship leaving Shanghai full of UK Tesla’s to match up with the End of Sept EDD’s

Or do people think VIN’s are still being worked through?

From the vin’s assigned to those lucky people and then comparing their orders dates to EDD’s

I think there could another ship leaving Shanghai full of UK Tesla’s to match up with the End of Sept EDD’s

Or do people think VIN’s are still being worked through?
Agree with Workable’s answer above in that it can take a few days to assign them all.

Darreno posted some interesting information a few pages back where it shows some RHD Tesla’s still at port in Shanghai suggesting (not confirming) that there could be another ship on the way. MrM has also suggested (again not confirming) that there could be another ship to depart for the UK before the end of August.

It’s all speculation of course, some had suggested today that the ships that have already departed are the last ones for the UK… but that was before Darreno’s detective work.

In short, nobody knows for certain but there are crumbs of evidence to suggest that there might be a final ship before quarter end. We shall wait and see!

Can anyone tell me why no one is talking about m/v Titus?
Departure from Shanghai 22 July and arrival in Southampton 21 august and Zeebrugge 22 August?
I fail to do one daily report!
If you look at the Tesla ship tracker map you can see where TITUS is and if you bother to scroll back to one of my DAILY reports you will find she has been mentioned on a daily basis for some time.
HOWEVER, I added her on the basis of some unexplained VIN allocations to the UK that were clearly not onboard MORNING CHORUS and at the time the assumption was that GLOVIS SUMMIT was Koper bound. The TITUS itinerary does not fit neatly to being a Tesla carrier and we now know that these UK VINs are almost certainly to be onboard GLOVIS SUMMIT.
Accordingly I now think TITUS is not carrying any Teslas at all.
I shall remove her from the tracker and not talk about her anymore!
Thank you for your post.

Does anyone disagree that this latest bout of VIN allocations occurred during Texas working hours?
They are 6hrs behind UK time at the moment.
I don’t but do you think it’s fair to say further VIN allocations May come tomorrow (UK time) in line with tomorrow’s Texas hours. If I recall VINs have come in over a few days than one event although I may be wrong

Reactions: Toblerone
Does anyone disagree that this latest bout of VIN allocations occurred during Texas working hours?
They are 6hrs behind UK time at the moment.
for MYLR with 423 VIN which ship would they be on? Glovis companion won't be at Suez until 25 Aug but my EDD was changed to 25Aug-8Sep?

edit: I mean, it may not be obvious but I'm not picking up at the Suez Canal

Last edited:
Over on the M3P waiting room there are about 7 of us with EDD's of 20-23/09 to 30/09 so hoping for another ship to set sail in about 10 to 12 days time.
My MYLR (ordered 26/06) originally had an EDD of Dec-Jan, but about a week ago it came forward to 20/09 - 20/10, then narrowed to 08/09 - 30/09. Sounds like it could line up the ship you're hoping for... 🙏👍🏼

Reactions: Edward Mango
Over in the German forums many people with mid to end August delivery dates (and VINs allocated) have been pushed back to September. Understandably frustrating as the cars are already registered and insured and there is still an unexpected delay. I think this would fit for the new scheduled stop for Glovis Summit to Southampton first. What I don’t understand is that some, including mine, are still scheduled for mid August (11-23rd). Seems a little tight to me, and I’m struggling to work out which ship it could be…

My MYLR (ordered 26/06) originally had an EDD of Dec-Jan, but about a week ago it came forward to 20/09 - 20/10, then narrowed to 08/09 - 30/09. Sounds like it could line up the ship you're hoping for... 🙏👍🏼
Quite honestly, I hope you get a vin too for Q3 but I’d say the line ahead of you is so long it is highly unlikely. That equally applies if another load or part load to uk departs by next Friday. As I said, I do hope you get one but some folks on hear have been waiting since February. Best wishes.

I think you got it right there buddy and I hope the same cycle kicks off at same time tomorrow. Hope you are also right about another ship load or part load. Arise sir miserable!
Going through the messages on this forum, it looks like:-
1. around 3 pm UK time (9 am Texas) the Tesla team started fiddling around with the EDDs.
2. around 4:30 pm UK time (10:30 am Texas) the first hidden VIN was reported
3. latest orders to have hidden VIN seem to be from early Apr.

Last edited:
I ordered MYLR Red 20 during first week of May in Dubai and originally the EDD was Oct. Then it changed to Nov-Jan period and now it back to 13Sep - 30Sep Time range. I have only received for a call fro TA last week asking confirmation on my order and as per him, VIN will be assigned in 1-2 weeks. Based on your experience should I expect delivery to be within given timeframe?
Also any idea which ship might be carrying this and will it be from Germany or China?

Reactions: Edward Mango
I ordered MYLR Red 20 during first week of May in Dubai and originally the EDD was Oct. Then it changed to Nov-Jan period and now it back to 13Sep - 30Sep Time range. I have only received for a call fro TA last week asking confirmation on my order and as per him, VIN will be assigned in 1-2 weeks. Based on your experience should I expect delivery to be within given timeframe?
Also any idea which ship might be carrying this and will it be from Germany or China?
It will be china, and possibly will be between those if a car has been matched to you, though is strange with a may order but Teslas allocation system isn’t great and I found this happened in June aswell, best speaking to Tesla themselves to see if you have been soft matched or hard matched to a car, hard matched u might have a vin in the source code

It’s protective tape
Did you just... did you just reply to a comment from January!? 🤣🤣 Welcome to the forum buddy.

To keep my post somewhat shipping related, I'll add some sentiment: if COMPANION is a part-load to the UK, then what must she be holding? 2K-ish RHD? I would hazard a guess that there were far more than 2K MY orders in the UK between mid-March to mid-May. I sincerely (for my own sanity) hope that there is another full or part-load and I am lucky enough (without queue jumping) to get in before end of Q3. I checked my EDD this morning and still holding 18-30 Septemeber.

Lets see what today/this week brings. Now, I should probably use the downtime before Texas wakes up to do some work!

Status
Not open for further replies.