Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GLOVIS COMPANION competition.

The results are in!

We didn't have a direct hit in this competition.

At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square P3 and within its Minor Square 19

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @J8ETD (P3 18) who was just 44 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)
We had 2 other entries which also chose P3 18 but later, and so
In 2nd place was @BatmanDavie (P3 18)
In 3rd place was @Graeme Jenkins (P3 18)

Otherwise in 4th place was @errohan (P3 23) who was 68 miles off
and in 5th place we had @MB11 (P3 15) who missed by 85 miles.

Congratulations to all, but there isn't so much as even a cuddly toy to win!

Some trivia for you:

The most popular Major Square was P3
The most popular Minor Square overall was 12
If you had chosen that combination, which one person did, you would have ended up 113 NM off target.

The GLOVIS SUNRISE competition is now open! Enter HERE
Achievement unlocked 😎

The results are in!

At 1200z today the ship was located in Grid Square P3 and within its Minor Square 19

The closest, and therefore the winning, entry was @J8ETD (P3 18) who was just 44 NM off target. (Distance measured from the centre of the chosen square to the ship's position at midday)

Some trivia for you:

If you had chosen that combination, which one person did, you would have ended up 113 NM off target.

Oh good lord, not only did I learn the date of my MY arrival but I got the right square this week as well… should I be purchasing a lottery ticket?!? 🤣

Well done @J8ETD and @BatmanDavie 🥳

Sunday 28 Aug 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

HOEGH ST PETERSBURG is not a Tesla charter but she arrived in Zeebrugge early this morning with 2000 MY from Shanghai.

GLOVIS COMPANION is heading for Southampton where she is aiming to arrive on 31 Aug. She will shortly pass through the Straits of Gibraltar. She is loaded primarily with MY. The Southampton port schedule confirms her arrival in the Western Docks on the afternoon of 31 Aug. She is not due to depart until midnight on 02 Sep which suggests to me that she will fully unload here, despite the fact that she is departing to Zeebrugge.

ASIAN VISION has arrived off Melbourne Australia and will dock early tomorrow morning.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is bound for Barcelona where she is due to arrive on 09 Sep. Sea conditions are better than forecast at the moment and appear to be improving all the time. Hopefully she will be able to maintain speed throughout her crossing of the Arabian Sea.

GLOVIS SUNRISE is crossing the Bay of Bengal enroute to Suez. She will endure some choppy seas over the next 2 days and some heavy rain showers too. She is heading for Southampton and I would estimate she will arrive around 16 Sep.

Do enter the GLOVIS SUNRISE competition! It's free and just a bit of fun to make your wait a bit more interesting. Enter HERE

PAGANELLA Is bound for Brisbane (03 Sep), Port Kembla (09 Sep) and Melbourne (13 Sep) and I expect her drop Teslas off at each port.

GLOVIS SUN is currently in the South China Sea enroute to her refuel stop off Singapore tomorrow. She looks to me to be a replacement vessel for GLOVIS CAPTAIN and if so should arrive in Zeebrugge around 19 Sep.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL is running 48 hrs behind GLOVIS SUN and will arrive for her refuel stop off Singapore on Wednesday. I think it fair to assume that she must be heading for an EU port probably either Koper or Barcelona around 16 Sep.

GLOVIS COURAGE has now departed Shanghai South and is heading for a refuel stop off Singapore. I expect she will be heading to mainland Europe and I also suspect that she is the final ship for Q3 to Europe.

Knowledge of precisely which ports GLOVIS SUN, CRYSTAL and COURAGE are heading to may not come until the ships depart Suez but hopefully by monitoring likely port schedules we will know earlier.

SWALLOW ACE is reported to have some Teslas onboard. If so, these will be unloaded in Zeebrugge around 02 Sep.
SUNRISE ACE is suspected of delivering Teslas to Singapore and is presently enroute to Barcelona (13 Sep) and eventually Zeebrugge on 21 Sep

I note that GLOVIS CAPTAIN is currently loading at the Haitong terminal but I very much doubt she is on Tesla business. I continue to monitor all shipping movements from Shanghai and Pier 80 even during the close season which I believe we have now entered.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have, like the easiest method to check whether you have a hidden VIN, or not.

Could the brand new Auto Achive be the vessel that's carrying Model Y's, unloaded from Hoegh St. Petersburg, to Drammen? She left Zeebrugge this evening. Maybe a bit too early?
Since this is a UECC vessel you used to be able to enter your VIN ala Hoegh to see if it is onboard. However, I believe this facility is not working at the moment and additionally it now specifically excludes giving results for Tesla VINs.
Whether any Teslas were successfully crossloaded is not known however ICO who handle Tesla business in Zeebrugge are a very efficient outfit and so I wouldn't rule it out.

The results are in!

Some trivia for you:

Even 5th place somehow feels like winning 😂

Mr M. / Darreno, any idea where Seine highway is heading after Suez? It's just loaded at Shanghai main terminal, I know not every ship is a tesla ship, but this is KESS ship doing a circumnavigate, so could be just picking up Tesla on the way home to Europe...?
I too have no idea what this ship is doing. The loss of the St Petersburg route suddenly injected overcapacity into the expanding KESS schedules and it seems that KESS were in no hurry for this ship to return to Europe. She was sent on a voyage to S America prior to this and just because she is heading to Singapore it may not be an indication she is heading to Europe since she could be just as easily be heading to the Gulf. The Far East is a very profitable area to operate a RoRo at the moment.
There is huge demand at the moment for RoRos to Europe especially from Chinese manufacturers. MG, BYD,Xpeng and NIO see an opportunity to introduce their new EVs to the EU market whilst the traditional players have production lines at a standstill and expanding wait times tempt buyers to look elsewhere. It can be an costly operation to break into a new market but at the moment the huge demand and a discount-free environment is making it a golden opportunity. RoRos are heading to the Far East empty to satisfy the shipping demand.

Some intel from BCN port:
The 2nd (and last) ship that will come at Barcelona port, is Glovis Courage. With 4500 cars. and it will arrive the 20/09.
So Glovis Challenge will arrive the 9/9 and Courage the 20/9.

Looks like BCN port is preparing a delivery area too, to deliver the cars at the port, so most probably they will do again what they did at the end of Q2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.