Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday 15 Sep 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

GLOVIS SUNRISE is presently making her way up the English Channel. She is heading for Southampton where she is due to arrive in the wee small hours of tomorrow morning. Her departure from Southampton to Zeebrugge remains midday 19 Sep which would tend to suggest she will be fully unloaded in Southampton.

GLOVIS SUN is maintaining an average of around 17kts as she passes to the north of Algeria and is heading for Zeebrugge with an ETA of 20 Sep.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL has now entered the Adriatic and should arrive in Koper on tomorrow evening.

GLOVIS COURAGE is now in the Red Sea. She is bound for Barcelona with an ETA of 20 Sep.

HOEGH TRAVELLER is bound for Le Havre (12 Oct) and Zeebrugge on 15 Oct.
She is currently in the South China Sea heading for a refuel off Singapore.
She is known, so far, to have some Model 3s onboard. We don't know how many in total.
Although the cars are being shipped over a quarter-end this is clearly not a full scheduled shipment but rather a shipment of cars that failed to be shipped, for whatever reason, on their scheduled ship.

I'm still keen to get an idea of the number of Teslas onboard and so if you have your VIN enter it HERE and it will tell you whether your car is onboard. This only works for cars onboard Hoegh ships. Do let me know if a search is successful and please provide me with at least the first three numbers eg 620XXX.

Typhoon Muifa is no more and the RoRo berths in Shanghai are already occupied again.
Typhoon Nanmadol should not reach Shanghai but hook to the north and hit the southern Japanese island of Kyushu. Nevertheless the Shanghai area could be quite windy at the weekend as Nanmadol is forecasted to be a category 3 storm when it hits Japan.
The Shanghai RoRo berths remain empty for the moment but I expect by this time tomorrow they will be back in business.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.

I was due for delivery on the 21st and Tesla informed me that the funeral pushed the delivery to the 29th. They also mentioned that they won’t receive the car until the 28th.

I wonder if it’s because it will be held at port having missed being processed on the 19th or 20th

Or

Is one of the Zeebrugge bound ships unloading a few cars in the U.K. as well

I was due for delivery on the 21st and Tesla informed me that the funeral pushed the delivery to the 29th. They also mentioned that they won’t receive the car until the 28th.

I wonder if it’s because it will be held at port having missed being processed on the 19th or 20th

Or

Is one of the Zeebrugge bound ships unloading a few cars in the U.K. as well
There is a trend that everyone’s car only arrives the day before the offered delivery date… it is likely shorthand for “we don’t want to have to deal with shuffling other pickups around to allow you to pickup earlier “. This line is also used for people collecting form Southampton… e.g. a pickup on the 23rd cannot be any earlier as the car only arrives on the 22nd…

Did anyone watch sunrise arrive in the early hours today? The schedules showed 5:30 am expected arrival time.

If it was a little behind schedule we could have some pictures of Glovis Sunrise arriving in Southampton at sunrise 😀
I know the tracker says that it's at dock - but has a boat ever really arrived if we haven't got pictures of it sailing past the Isle of Wight? :)

Further to the HOEGH TRAVELLER's Tesla cargo, an informed source has confirmed to me that the cars, that I have seen the VINs for, were produced prior to the departure of GLOVIS COURAGE. This just strenghtens my view that these are just cars that literally missed the boat. I don't expect the numbers to be appreciable.

GLOVIS SUNRISE has indeed arrived in Southampton but I am surprised where she has ended up docking as she was scheduled to take berth 106 not 101. This berth is normally kept clear for cruise ships and with a weekend ahead I was a little concerned that she might have to move however it looks like that won't be necessary until Monday morning when CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE plans to dock there (her usual spot).

UPDATE: Having just posted this, the board has just been updated and shows her moving from 101 to 106 on Sunday evening. By this time I expect she will have been fully unloaded of Teslas and so the move will likely be to facilitate a load (non-Tesla) for Zeebrugge.

Last edited:
I know the tracker says that it's at dock - but has a boat ever really arrived if we haven't got pictures of it sailing past the Isle of Wight? :)
Too early for me but it was captured on Solent Ships webcam passing Hamble.

2022-09-16 09_14_41-(3) Cruise Cam - Southampton Cruise Ship Live Stream Shipspotting(24_7) in...png

GLOVIS SUNRISE has indeed arrived in Southampton but I am surprised where she has ended up docking as she was scheduled to take berth 106 not 101. This berth is normally kept clear for cruise ships and with a weekend ahead I was a little concerned that she might have to move however it looks like that won't be necessary until Monday morning when CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE plans to dock there (her usual spot).

UPDATE: Having just posted this, the board has just been updated and shows her moving from 101 to 106 on Sunday evening.
Interesting, does this prevent her unloading over the weekend or is it a case of unload, then move for CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE?

I drove past this morning and it looks like there are still hundreds on MYs waiting to be transported from the previous vessel. MY transporters have been going by my office window all week so I suppose it might be a while before they get to the Sunrise cars even if they start offloading today.
could those cars in the yard be due to unsold vehicles and/or cancelled orders and no new allocations?

Status
Not open for further replies.