Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, does this prevent her unloading over the weekend or is it a case of unload, then move for CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE?
Unloading will continue over the weekend but CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE has absolute priority to 101 and cannot be delayed so no matter what happens CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE will be alongside 101 on Monday.

Reactions: workable
could those cars in the yard be due to unsold vehicles and/or cancelled orders and no new allocations?
Many cars that arrived on MORNING CHORUS and GLOVIS SUMMIT remained parked in the docks because customers did not want delivery before 01 Sep (72 plate) Tesla did not ramp up the staffing of Southampton until very late Aug and so it will probably take until the end of Sep to clear them all. From the feedback on the delivery threads the handovers appear to be very unrushed and the cars prepared to a good standard - that wasn't the case 3 years ago and so it seems some lessons have been learnt. Less haste - more speed. More happy customers, more happy staff etc

It looks like protective transport packaging.
1663358658590.jpeg

Friday 16 Sep 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

GLOVIS SUNRISE arrived early this morning at Southampton.

GLOVIS SUN is heading for Zeebrugge with an ETA of 20 Sep. She is approaching Gibraltar and should be in the N Atlantic tomorrow morning.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL has arrived off Koper and is expected to dock shortly.

GLOVIS COURAGE is now approaching the Gulf of Suez. She is bound for Barcelona with an ETA of 20 Sep, however I'm not entirely confident she will be able to make that and if she doesn't transit the canal tomorrow morning it's almost guaranteed she won't make it. The port is still expecting her on the 20th. We shall see....

HOEGH TRAVELLER is bound for Le Havre (12 Oct) and Zeebrugge on 15 Oct.
She is currently in the South China Sea heading for a refuel off Singapore.
She is known, so far, to have some Model 3s onboard. We don't know how many in total.
Although the cars are being shipped over a quarter-end this is clearly not a full scheduled shipment but rather a shipment of cars that failed to be shipped, for whatever reason, on their scheduled ship.

I'm still keen to get an idea of the number of Teslas onboard and so if you have your VIN enter it HERE and it will tell you whether your car is onboard. This only works for cars onboard Hoegh ships. Do let me know if a search is successful and please provide me with at least the first three numbers eg 620XXX.

Super Typhoon Nanmadol should not reach Shanghai but hook to the north and hit the southern Japanese island of Kyushu. This typhoon has caught out the forecasters as it is already a Super Typhoon with winds of over 150mph and wave heights exceeding 50feet. Over the next 12 hours it is forecasted to strengthen further! This is one storm to avoid. Whilst the storm won't affect Shanghai, the storm will cause some sizeable swells in the East China Sea.

Screenshot 2022-09-16 at 21.16.55.png

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.

Mr.M. Hoegh Manila which loaded in Shanghai is currently unloading in Zeebrugge, at dock used by Tesla, and is currently next to Danube Highway, next stop Drammen, and Auto Eco, next stop Bramerhaven and Drammen, could we have missed a part load, maybe even a full load?

Mr.M. Hoegh Manila which loaded in Shanghai is currently unloading in Zeebrugge, at dock used by Tesla, and is currently next to Danube Highway, next stop Drammen, and Auto Eco, next stop Bramerhaven and Drammen, could we have missed a part load, maybe even a full load?
According to my records HOEGH MANILA was in Shanghai for weeks in dry dock - I don't believe she loaded in Shanghai but probably did subsequently in Ningbo. So, no I don't think we have missed a trick here.

Reactions: Michael C
Saturday 17 Sep 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

GLOVIS SUN is heading for Zeebrugge with an ETA of 20 Sep. She is presently tracking up the coast of Portugal.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL is still at anchor off Koper and has yet to unload! This 24hr delay, so far, is serious this close to the end of a quarter.

GLOVIS COURAGE is now in the Mediterranean. I mentioned yesterday I didn't think she could make Barcelona by 20 Sep and I was right - she is now estimating to arrive there on the afternoon of Wed 21 Sep. Even that will require her to get a wiggle on. Another 24hr delayed arrival. Not good.

HOEGH TRAVELLER is bound for Le Havre (12 Oct) and Zeebrugge on 15 Oct.
She is currently in the South China Sea heading for a refuel off Singapore.
She is known, so far, to have some Model 3s onboard. We don't know how many in total.
Although the cars are being shipped over a quarter-end this is clearly not a full scheduled shipment but rather a shipment of cars that failed to be shipped, for whatever reason, on their scheduled ship.

I'm still keen to get an idea of the number of Teslas onboard and so if you have your VIN enter it HERE and it will tell you whether your car is onboard. This only works for cars onboard Hoegh ships. Do let me know if a search is successful and please provide me with at least the first three numbers eg 620XXX.

Typhoon Nanmadol should not reach Shanghai but hook to the north and hit the southern Japanese island of Kyushu. The winds have dropped slightly according to the latest observation to a mere 145mph and wave heights are now 'only' 48 feet and so she has lost the 'Super' categorisation but nevertheless this is a bad storm. Whilst the storm won't affect Shanghai directly, the storm will cause some sizeable swells in the East China Sea. There are no RoRos in her path as far as I can tell but RoRo schedules will have been badly disrupted by this week's typhoons.

Screenshot 2022-09-17 at 19.45.16.png

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.

Just an observation but I was out in the MY today and clocked up 250 miles through Wiltshire, Somerset and Devon. We couldn't help but notice the new cars with their 72 number plate. The interesting thing was they were all Teslas, we did not spot a single other brand sporting a 72 plate and we were looking. As a result I fully expect Tesla to take No1 and No 2 spot on the Sept UK car sales figures with MY and M3 respectively.

Just an observation but I was out in the MY today and clocked up 250 miles through Wiltshire, Somerset and Devon. We couldn't help but notice the new cars with their 72 number plate. The interesting thing was they were all Teslas, we did not spot a single other brand sporting a 72 plate and we were looking. As a result I fully expect Tesla to take No1 and No 2 spot on the Sept UK car sales figures with MY and M3 respectively.
Was that on one charge 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.