Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would certainly expect to see the 1st ships on their way by 14 Oct.
The aim for Tesla must be for the 22 figures to exceed analysts expectations and since we saw a quiet Q2, Q4 will have to be spectacular to make the necessary impact. It's worth remembering that the demand from within China remains very high and so it may be more profitable and easier for the Shanghai GF to concentrate its efforts on satisfying domestic demand rather than increasing export production which require expensive ship charters.
So a bumper quarter does not necessarily mean lots of ships. Nevertheless, looking at the Troy Teslike figures I would expect at least 9 ships in Q4.

Wednesday 21 Sep 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

GLOVIS COURAGE has now arrived in Barcelona.

HOEGH TRAVELLER is bound for Le Havre (12 Oct) and Zeebrugge on 15 Oct.
She is presently crossing the Bay of Bengal and is heading for Suez.
She is known, so far, to have a few Model 3s onboard. We don't know how many in total but I don't expect it to be many.
Although the cars are being shipped over a quarter-end this is clearly not a full scheduled shipment but rather a shipment of cars that failed to be shipped, for whatever reason, on their scheduled ship.
I'm still keen to get an idea of the number of Teslas onboard and so if you have your VIN enter it HERE and it will tell you whether your car is onboard. This only works for cars onboard Hoegh ships. Do let me know if a search is successful and please provide me with at least the first three numbers eg 620XXX.

GRANDE HOUSTON departed Shanghai South this morning for Suez. At the moment there is nothing to suggest she is carrying any Teslas.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.

I would certainly expect to see the 1st ships on their way by 14 Oct.
The aim for Tesla must be for the 22 figures to exceed analysts expectations and since we saw a quiet Q2, Q4 will have to be spectacular to make the necessary impact. It's worth remembering that the demand from within China remains very high and so it may be more profitable and easier for the Shanghai GF to concentrate its efforts on satisfying domestic demand rather than increasing export production which require expensive ship charters.
So a bumper quarter does not necessarily mean lots of ships. Nevertheless, looking at the Troy Teslike figures I would expect at least 9 ships in Q4.
If we go by the Tesla business model, wouldn't it be possible for the production to switch to export a couple days before end of Q3 as that would be too late to get the cars delivered even for the local market? So in theory the first Q4 ship to Europe could start loading one of the first days of October?

If we go by the Tesla business model, wouldn't it be possible for the production to switch to export a couple days before end of Q3 as that would be too late to get the cars delivered even for the local market? So in theory the first Q4 ship to Europe could start loading one of the first days of October?
We have seen that happen previously from Pier 80 where a ship has departed in the first couple of days of a quarter. It's not a regular occurence from Shanghai and early shipments have been 'hangovers' from the previous quarter and not full shipments.

I note that alongside Shanghai South at the moment is GOLD XING. This ship was formerly CSAV RIO GRANDE and if the ship is still managed by the same operator, they have been used regularly by Tesla in the past. The new name might suggest that it is now Chinese operated though. We'll see where she heads off to - maybe this one will head to Japan!

• Informative
Reactions: M. Thompson
@Mr Miserable: Glovis Sun has left its unloading position in Zeebrugge this morning. New destination is Bremerhaven. Maybe some cars still on board for other regions?
I haven't seen Bremerhaven being used for cross loading of Teslas in the past but now they have a footprint there for the MIG models it could be a possible crossloading stop for cars destined to Scandinavia, Germany and Poland. We shall see.....

Reactions: Bebob
I note that alongside Shanghai South at the moment is GOLD XING. This ship was formerly CSAV RIO GRANDE and if the ship is still managed by the same operator, they have been used regularly by Tesla in the past. The new name might suggest that it is now Chinese operated though. We'll see where she heads off to - maybe this one will head to Japan!
Here you go sir. @Mr Miserable She is off to Israel.

1663835310366.png

1663835199137.png

16638710353584322480327948404396.jpg

Norway deliveries Sept to date, interesting to see no MIC MY-P therefore all the ones delivered so far are B/W. MIG cars seem to be increasing rapidly, 660 delivered in the last week from a factory alleged to be producing only about 1500 cars.

16638720159124170615670528090219.jpg

If LR go the same way, and across Europe then it could be that MIC MY are only delivered from Germany which will drastically reduce the number of ships in Q4 and beyond.Footnote: since when is Grey that popular??

• Informative
Reactions: Chocochip
View attachment 855731
Norway deliveries Sept to date, interesting to see no MIC MY-P therefore all the ones delivered so far are B/W. MIG cars seem to be increasing rapidly, 660 delivered in the last week from a factory alleged to be producing only about 1500 cars.

View attachment 855734
If LR go the same way, and across Europe then it could be that MIC MY are only delivered from Germany which will drastically reduce the number of ships in Q4 and beyond.Footnote: since when is Grey that popular??
It's worth having a look at Troy Teslike's forecasts on Twitter - he is forecasting only 7,000 MY to be shipped from Shanghai to EU in Q4 (he reckons it was over 29,000 in Q3).
As for grey - Tesla don't do grey, they do Midnight Silver Metallic! Like wot I have. It's not unusual to pitch up at a Supercharger site and for all the cars charging to be to grey MSM.

Thursday 22 Sep 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships. It's gone a little quiet at the moment!

Those ships are:

GLOVIS COURAGE is alongside in Barcelona and is scheduled to depart later tonight. I'm interested to see where she heads to next.

HOEGH TRAVELLER is bound for Le Havre (12 Oct) and Zeebrugge on 15 Oct.
She is presently crossing the Bay of Bengal and is heading for Suez.
She is known, so far, to have a few Model 3s onboard. We don't know how many in total but I don't expect it to be many.
Although the cars are being shipped over a quarter-end this is clearly not a full scheduled shipment but rather a shipment of a few cars that failed to be shipped, for whatever reason, on their scheduled ship.
I'm still keen to get an idea of the number of Teslas onboard and so if you have your VIN enter it HERE and it will tell you whether your car is onboard. This only works for cars onboard Hoegh ships. Do let me know if a search is successful and please provide me with at least the first three numbers eg 620XXX. I haven't been inundated with VINs and so I think it reasonable to conclude we are not talking big numbers here and to describe the quantity as a few is valid.

The Southampton arrivals board for the 27th has been published and there is nothing there of interest (you may recall the rumours of a mystery ship arriving on the 27th). Before writing it off completely let's see where GLOVIS COURAGE departs to and see what appears on the arrivals board for the 28th.

With the start of Q4 on the horizon I have tasked our San Francisco dog walker to take a meander passed the office with the whiteboard planner to see if anything is being forecast to depart from Pier 80. (For new readers, there is an office somewhere in San Francisco with a whiteboard visible from the street which my correspondent recognised had names of ships due to arrive at the pier Tesla use scrawled on it. The board can't be seen in daylight but if the office light is left on overnight, which it often is, our correspondent can read it whilst he is out walking his dog!) Troy Teslike is forecasting 7,250 Model S/X will be shipped from Fremont to EU in Q4. At the moment we don't know how they will be shipped but the figures look about right for 2 boatloads to me. Stay tuned....

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.