Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday 18 Sep 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

GLOVIS SUN is heading for Zeebrugge with an ETA of AM Tue 20 Sep. She is presently just entering the Bay of Biscay.

GLOVIS CRYSTAL eventually docked at Koper this morning.

GLOVIS COURAGE is presently passing to the south of Sicily. ETA Barcelona PM Wed 21 Sep.

HOEGH TRAVELLER is bound for Le Havre (12 Oct) and Zeebrugge on 15 Oct.
She docked earlier in Singapore and is now moving to an anchorage, I assume for a refuel. (This is a scheduled service as opposed to a Tesla charter)
She is known, so far, to have some Model 3s onboard. We don't know how many in total but I don't expect it to be many.
Although the cars are being shipped over a quarter-end this is clearly not a full scheduled shipment but rather a shipment of cars that failed to be shipped, for whatever reason, on their scheduled ship.
I'm still keen to get an idea of the number of Teslas onboard and so if you have your VIN enter it HERE and it will tell you whether your car is onboard. This only works for cars onboard Hoegh ships. Do let me know if a search is successful and please provide me with at least the first three numbers eg 620XXX.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.

PS I believe GLOVIS SUNRISE is now fully unloaded of her Tesla cargo at Southampton and as expected has moved berths.

Monday 19 Sep 22

Click HERE to see a wonderful map of the world. Superimposed on it are the latest positions, updated via satellite, of confirmed Tesla ships.

Those ships are:

GLOVIS SUN should arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow morning. She is presently making her way up the English Channel

GLOVIS COURAGE is presently approaching Malta. ETA Barcelona PM Wed 21 Sep.

She is presently in the Straits of Malacca heading for Suez.
She is known, so far, to have some Model 3s onboard. We don't know how many in total but I don't expect it to be many.
Although the cars are being shipped over a quarter-end this is clearly not a full scheduled shipment but rather a shipment of cars that failed to be shipped, for whatever reason, on their scheduled ship.
I'm still keen to get an idea of the number of Teslas onboard and so if you have your VIN enter it HERE and it will tell you whether your car is onboard. This only works for cars onboard Hoegh ships. Do let me know if a search is successful and please provide me with at least the first three numbers eg 620XXX.

I'm keeping an eye on GRANDE HOUSTON at the moment - I'm not quite sure where she is heading but she might be heading for Shanghai South. I am not expecting her to depart to Europe.

Please check out the Links of interest There are some excellent links there which may answer any questions you have.

This is not entirely shipping related, but I was told by community members that LHD white MYLR with black interiors are produced only in Germany for the European markets now. Not sure if Tim's play a role. If that's true, people like me with such orders can stop following this thread I guess?

Monday 19 Sep 22

Those ships are:

GLOVIS SUN should arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow morning. She is presently making her way up the English Channel

GLOVIS COURAGE is presently approaching Malta. ETA Barcelona PM Wed 21 Sep.

She is presently in the Straits of Malacca heading for Suez.

I'm keeping an eye on GRANDE HOUSTON at the moment - I'm not quite sure where she is heading but she might be heading for Shanghai South. I am not expecting her to depart to Europe.

Just a curiosity, all the UK dates for Model3 deliveries in the UK next week 29th-30th Sept... do you think is coming from GLOVIS COURAGE?

According to my records HOEGH MANILA was in Shanghai for weeks in dry dock - I don't believe she loaded in Shanghai but probably did subsequently in Ningbo. So, no I don't think we have missed a trick here.
There appear to be a lot of model 3/y right in the centre of the risgarden webcam, were they there before the weekend or dropped off by Danube highway? It doesn't seem to have dropped anything else off

To whom it may concern: Glovis SUN has just been pushed to its unloading spot at Zeebrugge:

1663674274643.png

Location on Google Maps: Google Maps

Just a curiosity, all the UK dates for Model3 deliveries in the UK next week 29th-30th Sept... do you think is coming from GLOVIS COURAGE?
I haven't found anything else that could possibly be carrying those cars, despite a report that she will be fully unloaded in Barcelona.
To be honest I would be surprised if she continued on to Southampton, but I can't find the alternative.

Tuesday 20 Sep 22

Those ships are:

GLOVIS SUN has arrived in Zeebrugge.

GLOVIS COURAGE should arrive in Barcelona tomorrow afternoon.

She is presently passing Banda Aceh and is heading for Suez.

GRANDE HOUSTON is currently alongside Shanghai South. I suspect she may possibly head to Yokohama, Japan.

I dont think, that 30h would be enough to unload the complete ship ...

View attachment 855014

Greets from Germany ... :)
Speaking from experience, 30hours would be enough, my question is, as Barcelona doesn't appear to be a huge RoRo car handler, do they have unloading staff who would work during the night. Hartlepool only ever worked from 6am, and rarely in the evenings

Speaking from experience, 30hours would be enough, my question is, as Barcelona doesn't appear to be a huge RoRo car handler, do they have unloading staff who would work during the night. Hartlepool only ever worked from 6am, and rarely in the evenings
Nissan at Sunderland worked 24 hours 7 days inc Easter if ship was in but they were employed directly by Nissan.not sure who employs staff at Barcelona although we did get Nissan from Barcelona do not know employer

GRANDE HOUSTON is departing Shanghai South to Suez. Where is the WuWa video when you need it??
There is a rumour that RHD vehicles were seen at the docks - hence my guess that Japan would be their probable destination.
It's worth remembering that other cargoes and vehicles from manufacturers other than Tesla, are loaded at Shanghai South and so every ship is not necessarily shipping Teslas. Nevertheless, I shall be keeping an eye on GRANDE HOUSTON.

Reactions: nrushforth and M3UK
I dont think, that 30h would be enough to unload the complete ship ...

View attachment 855014

Greets from Germany ... :)
It's very dependent on how many teams are allocated to the task and the distance to the compound.
At this time in the quarter, with the ship arriving 36 hours late, I am sure Tesla have made it clear to their agent that time is of the essence!

Reactions: DRS ACTIVE and M3UK
Good morning @Mr Miserable.

Long time lurker, first time poster in this here thread - thank you for all that you do.

I noted your end-of-2021 update that we should not expect any MiG MY to be delivered this year per your addendum in May. Is this still your view, and if so, do we yet have a view on when the next shipment might leave Shanghai bound for Solent?

Thanks,
B

There appear to be a lot of model 3/y right in the centre of the risgarden webcam, were they there before the weekend or dropped off by Danube highway? It doesn't seem to have dropped anything else off
It's still difficult to tell however there appears to be a preponderance of black and white ones in a couple of areas of the docks which would tend to suggest MIG MY.

Reactions: Michael C
Good morning @Mr Miserable.

Long time lurker, first time poster in this here thread - thank you for all that you do.

I noted your end-of-2021 update that we should not expect any MiG MY to be delivered this year per your addendum in May. Is this still your view, and if so, do we yet have a view on when the next shipment might leave Shanghai bound for Solent?

Thanks,
B
I'm not up-to-speed with the Berlin situation (who is?) one day I hear that the ramp-up is going faster than expected and then the next day the opposite. Rumours of the super-duper paint shop producing colours other than black and white and then nothing but black and white ones being produced.
I ordered my MY back in January for Q3 delivery because at that time it was still hoped that Berlin would supply the UK with MYLR in Q3 - it quickly became clear this wasn't likely. If you ask the Tesla reps it's pretty clear that they have no idea when to expect MIG MY either.
It seems that in EU at the moment the best chance to get a MIG MY is to order a black or white one with a black interior.
I think it's fair to say that Berlin's performance to date must be regarded as less than impressive and any knowledge of production intentions would be become quickly outdated as the goalposts move.
So I don't have a handle on WTF is going on with Berlin and have given up trying to keep up to date with the gossip.
If I find a reliable source that may change but until then ..... as Elon would say 'by the end of the year'.

Status
Not open for further replies.