Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the hidden VIN .. is it possible to find if you order through a leasing company? .. desperate for any glimmer of movement here in Scotland haha !!
If you order direct from Tesla you can log into the my account page on the Tesla website and search the source code of the page to find if you have been assigned a vin. This happens generally when your vehicle is on the ship.

As you ordered through a leasing company like I did (Tusker in my case), this isn’t an option as the vehicle won’t show on your Tesla account until after delivery.

You can call Tesla customer service if you have your RN number, but I’m not sure they will tell you if you have one or not as they are subject to change. Why would it be hidden on the site if you were supposed to know I suppose.

Reactions: M3UK
On the Norwegian forum there is a spreadsheet, and someone have reported VIN LRWYGCEK3NC47xxxx. This seems more like late August production that didn't get shipped in Q3. So it seems GLOVIS SUPREME is carrying a mix of unshipped August production and early Q4 production.

EDIT: Unless it's on HOEGH TRAVELLER?

Last edited:
Possibly also automated frunk? Updated suspension? Who knows what Tesla class a 2023 model. Let the fin begin!!!
It's just a change in the VIN - N in the 10th position of the VIN designated a 2022 vehicle and now they are producing P which is 2023 model year. It doesn't signify a change in spec.
Fremont traditionally changed on 01 Oct and so I assumed Shanghai would follow suit but if any P VINs are on GLOVIS SUPREME it would appear a little sharp which suggests that Shanghai may have rolled on to P a little earlier.

I think it's time for a state of the nation summary.

You can see a map here that shows the latest positions, updated by satellite, of Tesla vessels.
Those ships are:

HOEGH TRAVELLER is on a scheduled service but has some Teslas onboard which will be unloaded in Zeebrugge on 12 Oct.
TURANDOT has Teslas onboard which will be unloaded at Port Kembla 13 Oct and Melbourne 17 Oct
GLOVIS SUPREME is believed to have some Teslas aboard and is heading initially to Singapore.
DENEB LEADER is heading for Dubai (21 Oct) via a refuel stop in Singapore.
GRANDE CALIFORNIA is currently alongside Shanghai South and is due to arrive in Koper on 31 Oct.

I also noted that BANGKOK HIGHWAY departed Shanghai for Yokohama earlier today. I have reason to believe she is very likely to be carrying some Teslas.

I think it's time for a state of the nation summary.

You can see a map here that shows the latest positions, updated by satellite, of Tesla vessels.
Those ships are:

HOEGH TRAVELLER is on a scheduled service but has some Teslas onboard which will be unloaded in Zeebrugge on 12 Oct.
TURANDOT has Teslas onboard which will be unloaded at Port Kembla 13 Oct and Melbourne 17 Oct
GLOVIS SUPREME is believed to have some Teslas aboard and is heading initially to Singapore.
DENEB LEADER is heading for Dubai (21 Oct) via a refuel stop in Singapore.
GRANDE CALIFORNIA is currently alongside Shanghai South and is due to arrive in Koper on 31 Oct.

I also noted that BANGKOK HIGHWAY departed Shanghai for Yokohama earlier today. I have reason to believe she is very likely to be carrying some Teslas.
VIN's are dropping in Japan. I suspect BANGKOK HIGHWAY might be the vessel for us.

That makes sense, but it seems like something that can be overcome by adding manpower?

Loading cars on a roro is a slow process as cars can usually only be loaded one deck at a time due to ballasting so the ship doesn't tip. Also, manpower is a huge limiting factor as this video shows from 3:15, you reach a point on each deck where cars can only be parked one or two at a time for safety and lashing. So unlike someone said no, you can't park 20 at a time. Also, when the drivers have parked, the minibus full of drivers has to leave, so more cars can't come on while the bus leaves the ship.

When ships come in to port for unloading, the crew unleash every car before the drivers reach each deck, so, several rows can be unloaded at once. My job was to stay on the ship and drive each car forward a few feet to space them out, so in the lapse while the minibus was making its way to deck, the cars were already spaced for increased speed. We got a minimum of 4 hours pay, so the aim was to unload a small ship like AutoProgress in less than 4, and click the bonus for the difference in time

Loading cars on a roro is a slow process as cars can usually only be loaded one deck at a time due to ballasting so the ship doesn't tip. Also, manpower is a huge limiting factor as this video shows from 3:15, you reach a point on each deck where cars can only be parked one or two at a time for safety and lashing. So unlike someone said no, you can't park 20 at a time. Also, when the drivers have parked, the minibus full of drivers has to leave, so more cars can't come on while the bus leaves the ship.

When ships come in to port for unloading, the crew unleash every car before the drivers reach each deck, so, several rows can be unloaded at once. My job was to stay on the ship and drive each car forward a few feet to space them out, so in the lapse while the minibus was making its way to deck, the cars were already spaced for increased speed. We got a minimum of 4 hours pay, so the aim was to unload a small ship like AutoProgress in less than 4, and click the bonus for the difference in time
What would be the minimum time required to load a ship with 5000 cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.