Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the expectation of ships leaving shortly for the UK and my EDD currently stating November 18th. I expect my Car must be due to be loaded shortly? Is there any suggestions for an app I can use to track vessels?
Would hope to see a U.K. ship next week. @Mr Miserable does an excellent job of providing updates. Just keep an eye out on here and he will let you know if anything is of interest.

I think it's time for a state of the nation summary.

You can see a map here that shows the latest positions, updated by satellite, of Tesla vessels.
Those ships are:

HOEGH TRAVELLER is on a scheduled service but has some Teslas onboard which will be unloaded in Zeebrugge on 12 Oct.
TURANDOT has Teslas onboard which will be unloaded at Port Kembla 13 Oct and Melbourne 17 Oct
GLOVIS SUPREME is believed to have some Teslas aboard and is heading initially to Singapore.
DENEB LEADER is heading for Dubai (21 Oct) via a refuel stop in Singapore.
GRANDE CALIFORNIA is currently alongside Shanghai South and is due to arrive in Koper on 31 Oct.

I also noted that BANGKOK HIGHWAY departed Shanghai for Yokohama earlier today. I have reason to believe she is very likely to be carrying some Teslas.
That link is superb .... many thanks for pulling all that info together !!

About a dozen awaiting a home at Royal Portbury Docks

HmhTwdm.jpg
4uG2jND.jpg

With the expectation of ships leaving shortly for the UK and my EDD currently stating November 18th. I expect my Car must be due to be loaded shortly? Is there any suggestions for an app I can use to track vessels?
The problem with all the apps is that as soon as the ships are out of range of land-based receivers you need to pay for satellite updates which work out at about £1 per day per ship. Alternatively you can track your ship here, for free. As soon as I identify a ship that is more than likely to be carrying Teslas I will have it added to the map. (Except perhaps ships to Japan and EU feeder ships)

What would be the minimum time required to load a ship with 5000 cars?
It depends on the layout of the ship, some (few) have two ramps, if it has fixed ramps or ones that move, as more cars can be loaded if the ramps can be lowered and raised, and the size of the cars. I imagine they computer simulate the best layout for parking to maximise load, and for ballasting. Even LHD/RHD ratio of the same model would make a difference to how it is loaded due to gaps for the drivers to enter/exit the cars.

Reactions: Cascada
Modern RoRos now have automatic ballasting, which is a wonder to behold, when it works. The ballast computer induces an almost imperceptible roll/pitch and then returns the ship to level and calculates what it had to do to induce the offset and its correction and voila! It now knows the stability state of the ship. You tell it what bounds you want it to maintain and it will do all the maths and switchery to make it happen. It does however need every pump and many sensors to be working perfectly for it to do its magic and that is where the magic ends. Some sensors and pumps can be really difficult to replace and invariably these are the ones that fail. The Chief Officer then has to get his book of graphs and trusty calculator out again and spends 30 minutes or so checking and rechecking his sums and then operate the complicated ballast panel to ensure the ship remains within well defined limits. The penalty for getting these calculations wrong can result in the loss of control of the ship and even a capsize. Google Hoegh Osaka or Golden Ray to see recent examples.

Update on Fremont, according to YouTuber 'Met God in the Wilderness' he has found European LHD model S. There are some with front licence plate holders, although I imagine Europe isn't the only place that requires them...?
HELIOS RAY is still due to arrive in the Bay area on 11 Oct - it may be just a refuel stop.
The trouble with Pier 80 is that it's not unusual for ships to unload in Benicia and then pop over to Pier 80 which effectively means no notice to us.
Still no news from our local dog walker and he assures me he is checking the whiteboard regularly.

Reactions: Michael C and M3UK
Status
Not open for further replies.