Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been in contact with a very reliable source and I'm told that trying to determine a build date from a VIN is nearly impossible at the moment because the way they are building in batches. As of yesterday they are still producing N model year cars even though loads of P model year cars have already been shipped. It looks likely however that your MY PC540XXX VIN was built after Mediterranean Sea departed and that's about the best info I can get.
Does your source have any info on the difference between N and P VINs? The new approval v26 (e4*2007/46*1293*26) listed on [Wiki] Model 3 / Model Y - Technische Veränderungen / Details lists removal of ultrasonic sensors, but also a reduction of Technically Permissible Maximum Laden Mass from 2619 kg to 2518 kg for Y LR. It's unclear if this is determined by N or P VIN though. I asked my Tesla Advisor if my P VIN had v26 or earlier approval, but his answer was that he couldn't see that info. He did confirm that it has the ultrasonic sensors, but didn't know anything about a change in TPMLM.

Does your source have any info on the difference between N and P VINs? The new approval v26 (e4*2007/46*1293*26) listed on [Wiki] Model 3 / Model Y - Technische Veränderungen / Details lists removal of ultrasonic sensors, but also a reduction of Technically Permissible Maximum Laden Mass from 2619 kg to 2518 kg for Y LR. It's unclear if this is determined by N or P VIN though. I asked my Tesla Advisor if my P VIN had v26 or earlier approval, but his answer was that he couldn't see that info. He did confirm that it has the ultrasonic sensors, but didn't know anything about a change in TPMLM.
He probably wouldn't have that sort of detail.
Interesting point on the max AUM that I wasn't aware of previously.

Yes She has now docked at Shanghai South.
Interestingly both I and @Darreno looked hard for some sort of itinerary for her last week when it looked like she may be a possibility and came away empty handed.
Is Grande Abidjan too small a ship to be heading to UK. Comparing to RCC EUROPE which is estimated for 24th on the itinerary online? Would be more than happy for Abidjan for UK though 😂

Yes She has now docked at Shanghai South.
Interestingly both I and @Darreno looked hard for some sort of itinerary for her last week when it looked like she may be a possibility and came away empty handed.
I also went trough 12000 shipping ID's on Grimaldi to look for ships of them departing from Shanghai with the help of some coding, the only IDs that returned Shanghai as departure were the five ID's of Grande California which we already had.

Is Grande Abidjan too small a ship to be heading to UK. Comparing to RCC EUROPE which is estimated for 24th on the itinerary online? Would be more than happy for Abidjan for UK though 😂
I'm not expecting her to be the UK ship. Quite frankly it looks like she is positioning in the Far East for dry dock time. She is back in Europe at the end of Nov. So at a guess I think she will depart to S Korea, maybe Japan.

Reactions: perry12396
Sir Miserable, as someone who has just started paying attention to all this shipping movement stuff in the last few weeks, its very hard for me to tell, but is this kind of thing typical?

It seems to me that this whole situation of having EDDs and hidden vins and tracking ships etc etc, is all rather mysterious, and you seem to have a lot of experience and knowledge doing this, but is it usual for there to be delivery dates coming up soon in one country, yet no sign of any shipping movements taking place to fulfil them? is it normal to be on the look out for a UK ship for weeks on end with no sign?

Thanks.

Sir Miserable, as someone who has just started paying attention to all this shipping movement stuff in the last few weeks, its very hard for me to tell, but is this kind of thing typical?

It seems to me that this whole situation of having EDDs and hidden vins and tracking ships etc etc, is all rather mysterious, and you seem to have a lot of experience and knowledge doing this, but is it usual for there to be delivery dates coming up soon in one country, yet no sign of any shipping movements taking place to fulfil them? is it normal to be on the look out for a UK ship for weeks on end with no sign?

Thanks.
Sadly yes!
Read the very first post on this thread.
It is the total lack of reliable information from Tesla that gives cause to this thread.
If you have bought an expensive European brand you will be aware of the detailed updates you get on the progress of your order culminating in an invitation to collect from the factory on production day etc.
Tesla however .....

Status
Not open for further replies.