Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get your VIN? Tesla here in Icelamd said they have my VIN but didn’t give it to me, just said it’s on a boat on its way….yet my delivery estimate just went from November 6-12 to November 22-December 6
Hey! If Tesla said you have been assigned a VIN, it will almost certainly be visible in the source code of your order page in your app/browser. If you have chrome, I think you can read the source code easily through selecting some options in the browser. If you have iPhone, I’m not sure of an easy way to do it but here’s what I did:
download an app called ‘HTML Viewer’, open the app, go to tesla.com and log in. Select your order. Then when you are in your order page, click </> at the top left. You will then see the source code of the page. Now click the 3 horizontal lines at the top left of the page, click search and enter ‘LRW’ This is the first 3 letters of the vin code for cars produced in China. You should be able to see your vin code this way.
If it’s on a Hoegh ship, go to Hoegh autoliners website and you can search for cargo. Enter your VIN. As far as I understand, if it’s on a Hoegh ship, you will see that your car is on one of their ships.
I’ve ordered a Model Y RWD and live in Denmark. Found a hidden VIN recently and an estimated delivery date appeared for 15th-29th November. On the fb page for Y owners in DK, someone said Tesla Aarhus said their Y RWD would be delivered very end of November to very start of December.
This leads me to believe they will be on Carrera, which should arrive in Zeebrugge on 25th November. Not sure where the cars that are sent on to Iceland would go, but Zeebrugge would be a good bet before going aboard a smaller roro vessel to Iceland?

So with your estimated date of delivery being a bit after mine, Carrera could be your ship. Could also be Hyperion Ray too. Hope you figure it out as the days roll on :)

Hey! If Tesla said you have been assigned a VIN, it will almost certainly be visible in the source code of your order page in your app/browser. If you have chrome, I think you can read the source code easily through selecting some options in the browser. If you have iPhone, I’m not sure of an easy way to do it but here’s what I did:
download an app called ‘HTML Viewer’, open the app, go to tesla.com and log in. Select your order. Then when you are in your order page, click </> at the top left. You will then see the source code of the page. Now click the 3 horizontal lines at the top left of the page, click search and enter ‘LRW’ This is the first 3 letters of the vin code for cars produced in China. You should be able to see your vin code this way.
If it’s on a Hoegh ship, go to Hoegh autoliners website and you can search for cargo. Enter your VIN. As far as I understand, if it’s on a Hoegh ship, you will see that your car is on one of their ships.
I’ve ordered a Model Y RWD and live in Denmark. Found a hidden VIN recently and an estimated delivery date appeared for 15th-29th November. On the fb page for Y owners in DK, someone said Tesla Aarhus said their Y RWD would be delivered very end of November to very start of December.
This leads me to believe they will be on Carrera, which should arrive in Zeebrugge on 25th November. Not sure where the cars that are sent on to Iceland would go, but Zeebrugge would be a good bet before going aboard a smaller roro vessel to Iceland?

So with your estimated date of delivery being a bit after mine, Carrera could be your ship. Could also be Hyperion Ray too. Hope you figure it out as the days roll on :)
A friend of mine has a car due in a few weeks, Tesla has confirmed over the phone that a VIN is assigned, and he has had all the text messages, but hes not found his hidden vin yet...

Pete.

Has he leased it through a third party? I have a vin, scheduled delivery date but no vin in source code. I’ve leased through Yorkshire fleet
I’m buying mine via Black Horse business PCP, through the Tesla checkout process.

Last night my EDD moved forward from 1st-17th Dec to 24th Nov-9th Dec, and the website showed a message saying that they would contact me soon to arrange delivery (in my case it will actually be collection, from Glasgow).

I received the first text message this afternoon which said “Your Model Y arrival date is being calculated and will show shortly in your Tesla app. We will be in contact soon to ask you to schedule your collection appointment.” (and a few other things).

Given my new EDD, I’m guessing my car is probably on RCC Europe but I suppose it could even be on Glovis Summit.

I called Tesla support, they confirmed that they can see I have a VIN provisionally assigned but it won’t be confirmed until I agree to a specific collection date. They said I should be contacted again by text in the middle of next week to schedule the collection. So far, I don’t see a hidden VIN via the Chrome extension (which checks HTML) or in the API response.

FYI, I ordered my Model Y (a blue Long Range) in late May.

@Mr Miserable I just wanted to say, thanks so much for everything that you do on this forum. I’ve never posted before but I’ve been reading this forum intermittently for almost 6 months now, and it has been really helpful 😃

Reactions: Astrape

If using Chrome, even on a mobile device, you can get to the page source by editing the URL and putting view-source: in front of it.
What you're searching for is "vin": (including the double quotes). On my page, it's the 3rd hit (out of four matches).

I’ve been looking at the schedule but I can’t seem to find anything that fits. If you don’t mind lending me a little experience please @Mr Miserable I would be eternally grateful.

Current EDD is 04 Dec - 20 Dec for a MYLR which doesn’t seem to match anyone else’s or any ships heading this way? Any ideas if it’s still going to be a Q4 collection or will it be next year now? Order date is 12/07.
Many thank yous in advance as always😘

I’ve been looking at the schedule but I can’t seem to find anything that fits. If you don’t mind lending me a little experience please @Mr Miserable I would be eternally grateful.

Current EDD is 04 Dec - 20 Dec for a MYLR which doesn’t seem to match anyone else’s or any ships heading this way? Any ideas if it’s still going to be a Q4 collection or will it be next year now? Order date is 12/07.
2 candidates

1. RCC Europe (Its likely the cars have already been assigned for this ship)
2. Morning Cello - which is currently docked at Shanghai south, due in 6th Dec at Southampton

If using Chrome, even on a mobile device, you can get to the page source by editing the URL and putting view-source: in front of it.
What you're searching for is "vin": (including the double quotes). On my page, it's the 3rd hit (out of four matches).
Nice. I didn’t think I could use chrome. Searching for LRW for me was much easier - just 1 result. When I searched VIN: or VIN or’’VIN’’ it always came up with loads of results. Guess it was the app…easier on chrome.

Reactions: daughey

This is the same EDD for my M3 order so potentially will be on the same shipment, though I wouldn't imagine that's a dead certainty.

Reactions: Danny_F
Hello from Norway. I ordered a MYP in late july, and current ETD is November 28 - December 31. Im guessing it will be coming from Berlin. Can anyone tell me how reliable the ETD on tesla site is? Can I expect delivery sooner November 28? When can I expect to get the VIN assigned, and how long does it take from getting the VIN to delivery?

Hello from Norway. I ordered a MYP in late july, and current ETD is November 28 - December 31. Im guessing it will be coming from Berlin. Can anyone tell me how reliable the ETD on tesla site is? Can I expect delivery sooner November 28? When can I expect to get the VIN assigned, and how long does it take from getting the VIN to delivery?

Hi thanks. I found the VIN with the chrome plugin and then I found it on the cargo page for Hörður auto liners tracker. It currently says it will arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow 3.11.2022. I know it then has to go to Smyriline which comes once a week.

MORNING CELLO fits nicely and would be a Q4 delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.