Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teslas delivered to Ålesund and Trondheim (below) by WESER HIGHWAY:

1668175459517.png

Tesla could not confirm if my vehicle was on board. My EDD is 17/11 - 2/12.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
We can probably assume that there will be quite a few cancelled orders given the current financial situation, at least that's what we are hearing in Sweden. My EDD is November 30th - December 7th, but yesterday I got a trade-in offer from Tesla for my current Model Y and they wanted me to approve it tomorrow at the latest, although the offer is valid until December 10th. I don't know if Tesla is always in such a hurry to get their trade-in offers accepted, but I'm hoping this means that there are cancelled orders coming in sooner than my EDD.

Got SMS with VIN and registration number this week and today got SMS where was a link to schedule pick up date. So I’ll get my Model 3 on 28.11 in Finland. Hidden VIN was found about a month ago. Last EDD was 5.12-16.12 on a SMS that I got from Tesla two weeks ago.

Plaid S/X to Europe.
I information from Tesla Germany is correct that first delivery is in the harbor and will be split in two deliverys.
Is seems difficult to find out actual ship if the no of cars maybe is smal?

Summary: Thursday 10 Nov

Please confine posts to shipping related matters. This means no "what colour did you order?" Are you getting a tow hitch?" type posts. Thanks.

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 14 Nov. She is scheduled to arrive in Southampton at 23:30 on 14 Sep.
RCC AMSTERDAM is now racing across the Med at full speed to Koper where she is due to arrive on 12 Nov. I can't imagine she will unload much more than 1500 cars there.
GRANDE ABIDJAN is heading to Southampton with an ETA of 16 Nov. This is a surprise, I wouldn't have expected another Tesla ship so soon after GLOVIS SUMMIT. I don't know whether she is carrying any Teslas at all. Let's see where she plans to dock - we should find out just after midnight tonight.
HYPERION RAY is enroute for Suez . At last, we now know she is heading for Barcelona with an ETA of 17 Nov.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov. Has currently switched off her AIS as she transits what is regarded as a high risk part of the world.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov.
The RCC EUROPE competition is open!
Click HERE to enter. It's free and just a bit of fun. Just 31 entries so far, which is very low considering the competition will close in 3 days time.
Come on folks!
Once again however I need to remind folk to enter your TMC username,not an email address, on the entry form.

HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many I suspect. It looks like she will make a stop in Tarragona, Spain on 27 Nov. This stop won't be Tesla related.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. She will need to engage ludicrous mode to make it to Southampton on the 4th Dec.

The excitement surrounding S/X arriving in EU this quarter continue to gather pace.
I'm monitoring the likely ports for possible shipments. The figures being bandied around would suggest we are looking for 2 ships but there is still plenty of time, particularly if they are being shipped from the eastern seaboard. Certainly there does not appear to be any activity at Pier 80 at the moment which makes me suspect that they will be shipped from the east coast. As soon as I spot something likely I will put out a post about it. There are some ships on the way to Bremerhaven from the US east coast but I would hope that Tesla aren't using Bremerhaven as a hub. I know Tesla use B'haven to export MY and so they will be aware of the current issues there.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

There won't be a daily report from me tomorrow (Friday) as I am attending an evening function. Hic!
So if I have a delivery date to south UK of the 24th Nov my car must be on Glovis Summit?
I have recently had the registration confirmed also.

As the ETA for this ship is now 2 days earlier than originally scheduled, I wonder if my delivery will be brought forward .

You may have noticed from the spreadsheets but the VINs produced are no longer necessarily sequential. They are building in batches and so a 49xxxx VIN may have been produced before a 48xxxx VIN. It has been noted elsewhere that a batch produced for NZ (being shipped on VIKING PASSAMA) have an N model year despite being produced in amongst all the other P model year cars. Weird!
For all concerned about VIN batch number. This may explain why some VINs today are below those we have seen over the past few weeks.

Interesting! Finally some resolve to the "vanished" scandi cars!
18th november would fit with EDD 23 nov - 7 dec. for Denmark delivery for my Y LR.
So the cars have just waited in Barcelona for 2/3 weeks... weird. Must be a small number.
I guess HORIZON HIGHWAY could have some cars for UK too, as she's stopping in Southampton and I don't think we had any video footage of the loading of GLOVIS SUPREME.

Does anyone have experience receiving a delivery in Iceland? My VIN was on Höegh Copenhagen which arrived in Zeebruggee on 3/11/2022. My EDD has been stationary Nov 22 - Dec 6 for a while, but I have not received a a text to schedule delivery date. I have been told by Tesla that I have been assigned a VIN but it does not show up on my account, only with the Tesla VIN plugin

Summary: Saturday 12 Nov

Please confine posts to shipping related matters. This means no "what colour did you order?" Are you getting a tow hitch?" type posts. Thanks.

RCC AMSTERDAM managed to arrive off Koper today after a max speed sprint from Ashdod but is not due to dock until 22:00 tonight. I can't imagine she will unload much more than 1500 cars there.
GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Southampton 14 Nov. She is scheduled to arrive in Southampton at 23:30 on 14 Sep. Competition results tomorrow!!
GRANDE ABIDJAN ETA Southampton 16:30 16 Nov.
HYPERION RAY ETA Barcelona 17 Nov. She should transit the Suez Canal tomorrow morning.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov. Has resumed normal AIS operations.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 24 Nov.
The RCC EUROPE competition is open!
Click HERE to enter. It's free and just a bit of fun. A feeble 37 entries so far, the competition will close at midday tomorrow.
Come on folks!
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many I suspect. It looks like she will make a stop in Tarragona, Spain on 27 Nov. This stop won't be Tesla related.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. She will need to engage ludicrous mode to make it to Southampton on the 4th Dec.
G POSEIDON has pulled up at Shangai South.

The excitement surrounding S/X arriving in EU this quarter continue to gather pace.
I'm monitoring the likely ports for possible shipments. The figures being bandied around would suggest we are looking for 2 ships but there is still plenty of time, particularly if they are being shipped from the eastern seaboard. Certainly there does not appear to be any activity at Pier 80 at the moment which makes me suspect that they will be shipped from the east coast. As soon as I spot something likely I will put out a post about it.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

Been watching this forum for last few months. Great info - thanks.

Glovis Safety must have quite a lot of Teslas onboard for UK. I also got my hidden VIN drop yesterday and EDD changed to 2nd -17th December.

MYLR/W/B/20s/No Tow
Seems unlikely yours is on Safety, if your EDD window opens before the boat arrives. I have exactly the same EDD range with a hidden vin (found yesterday) and im assuming its on Europe. With so many cars arriving at Southampton in short time, you have to assume there is some kind of ground handling logistics related hold up that could easily mean it will take a week or so for the cars to get to the delivery locations (i dont know this for sure, im just assuming that 15,000ish cars will take a while to move on transporters that only take eight cars each, especially since some delivery locations are a nine hour drive away)

Seems unlikely yours is on Safety, if your EDD window opens before the boat arrives. I have exactly the same EDD range with a hidden vin (found yesterday) and im assuming its on Europe. With so many cars arriving at Southampton in short time, you have to assume there is some kind of ground handling logistics related hold up that could easily mean it will take a week or so for the cars to get to the delivery locations (i dont know this for sure, im just assuming that 15,000ish cars will take a while to move on transporters that only take eight cars each, especially since some delivery locations are a nine hour drive away)
I was contemplating this whilst waiting for a train at Crewe on Thursday, and a large container train rattled through - does anyone know how Tesla transport the cars from Southampton to the other parts of the country - is it by road or rail ?

I was contemplating this whilst waiting for a train at Crewe on Thursday, and a large container train rattled through - does anyone know how Tesla transport the cars from Southampton to the other parts of the country - is it by road or rail ?
I heard it was by road. ECM, one of the biggest car transporting companies in the UK, (and ive seen their transporters with tesla on in the past) have 457 transporters in their fleet. Only eight cars each. Imagine cars going to scotland or manchester, thats probably a 20 hour round trip to get eight cars to Glasgow, and if there are 500-1000 cars being delivered from that site... It's just an absolutely enormous task to move them all, and im sure that will have some kind of impact on deliveries. It's not like cars will be offloaded one day and in Glasgow on the next day. Its gonna take weeks surely to distribute all these cars

Reactions: fentor
Status
Not open for further replies.