Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2022-11-22 134943.png
    Schermafbeelding 2022-11-22 134943.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: AGNL
She is awaiting bad weather I think.
As I said yesterday I don't think the weather is responsible for either CARRERA or RCC EUROPE being delayed. I suspect it's a commercial issue, probably down to the Chief Twit being distracted from his Tesla responsibilities.

I think the first indication of the issue being resolved will be CARRERA resuming her voyage. This will likely occur only during Texas working hours. RCC EUROPE will have to negotiate a suitable berth in the Western Docks which may take longer to sort out.

Last edited:
As I said yesterday I don't think the weather is responsible for either CARRERA or RCC EUROPE being delayed. I suspect it's a commercial issue, probably down to the Chief Twit being distracted from his Tesla responsibilities.

I think the first indication of the issue being resolved will be CARRERA resuming her voyage. This will likely occur only during Texas working hours. RCC EUROPE will have to negotiate a suitable berth in the Western Docks which may take longer to sort out.
What would be a commercial issues? Curious!

I see TOKYO CAR has 'gone dark' ie she has deliberately switched off her AIS as she approaches what is regarded by some as a High Risk Area.
Since the risk is primarily from a state actor I'm not convinced that switching off the AIS will prevent an attack but I understand that it is just one of many measures being taken to protect the crew and the ship as it transits waters within the reach of the bad guys.
I expect she will remain a ghost ship for about 5 more days until she reaches safer waters in the Red Sea.

Reactions: M3UK
Summary: Tuesday 22 Nov

A quick reminder we still have 1 competition open at the moment: GLOVIS SAFETY

RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton ?? She is currently pulled over in Lyme Bay. See post #10112.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 29 Nov. She is currently pulled over off the Spanish coast near Marbella. I suspect there may be a commercial reason behind this activity. It's not the first time we have seen this sort of behaviour and it normally gets resolved within 48 hrs. (At least it's not a Friday!)

HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many (700 at most) I suspect. It looks like she will make a stop in Tarragona, Spain on 27 Nov. This stop won't be Tesla related.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Can she still make it to Southampton by the 4th Dec?
Don't forget to enter the competition! Enter HERE Only 23 entries so far! I would normally expect over 100. It's free to enter. And the prizes....!
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Currently 'dark' see post #10115 above.
G POSEIDON ETA Zeebrugge ~10 Dec probably. She is a big ship (5000+ cars) and she is not hanging around.
GLOVIS SUN ETA Barcelona 10 Dec. Departed Shanghai South after only 24 hrs alongside, so probably only 3000 cars onboard, which seems a waste of such a large ship. (Figures revised upwards after discovery of GRANDE ABIDJAN loading figures )
GRANDE HALIFAX Southampton ETA~15 Dec
DONG A GLAUCOS My guess is she is heading for Koper. ETA~11 or 12 Dec
PULAU TIOMAN is almost certainly another Tesla vessel. She has departed Shanghai South for Yokohama, Japan ETA 24 Nov
HOEGH SHANGHAI confirmed to have departed Taicang with Teslas onboard. ETA Le Havre 21 Dec and Zeebrugge 23 Dec.

I strongly suspect we have seen the last departure to UK/EU from Shanghai South for 2022 Q4 deliveries.

MSC IMMACOLATA enroute from Pier 80 to Shanghai (29 Nov)

HOEGH TRANSPORTER ETA Zeebrugge 02 Dec. Confirmed to be transporting the 1st shipment of new Model S/X to EU.
HOEGH TROVE looks likely to take the 2nd S/X shipment. Dep Baltimore 07 Dec arr Zeebrugge 18 Dec

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

Am also curious what these commercial reasons might be.
I have drawn my conclusions regarding the weather based on the predicted swell of waves next days on the cruising route. See picture below.

D34AAD67-3A87-4CF3-BAA4-5D3B94142453.jpeg

Hope for the commercial variant with the 48-hour solution, as my car is on the boat.

I have drawn my conclusions regarding the weather based on the predicted swell of waves next days on the cruising route. See picture below.

View attachment 877300

Hope for the commercial variant with the 48-hour solution, as my car is on the boat.
I am well aware of the poor weather however take a look at the shipping currently in the Channel and Bay of Biscay. Ships are still operating into and out of Southampton and other channel ports. At first I thought it could be weather related but when two ships pull over like this, it sets alarm bells ringing in my head. Have a look through the 2021 thread- GLOVIS SUN stopped mid-Atlantic for days as another ship sat off the Norfolk coast rather than unloading in Zeebrugge for a couple of days. We have seen this many times before. So what could be the reason? I'm calling it commercial reasons. If you were a ship owner why would you refuse to deliver the cargo into port?
Now chartering ships like this cost Tesla big bucks and as part of his corporate responsibility Elon will be obliged to sign-off on large payments like this before they are made. In fact as Tesla grows he must spend an inordinate amount of his time authorising payments to suppliers. Now I'm not saying it's Elon's fault however he has been preoccupied elsewhere lately....
In the past, the ships started to move again during Texas business hours. So if Texas is closed don't expect any movement until Texas opens again next day. This why I don't expect there to be any movement from these ships in the morning.

I am well aware of the poor weather however take a look at the shipping currently in the Channel and Bay of Biscay. Ships are still operating into and out of Southampton and other channel ports. At first I thought it could be weather related but when two ships pull over like this, it sets alarm bells ringing in my head. Have a look through the 2021 thread- GLOVIS SUN stopped mid-Atlantic for days as another ship sat off the Norfolk coast rather than unloading in Zeebrugge for a couple of days. We have seen this many times before. So what could be the reason? I'm calling it commercial reasons. If you were a ship owner why would you refuse to deliver the cargo into port?
Now chartering ships like this cost Tesla big bucks and as part of his corporate responsibility Elon will be obliged to sign-off on large payments like this before they are made. In fact as Tesla grows he must spend an inordinate amount of his time authorising payments to suppliers. Now I'm not saying it's Elon's fault however he has been preoccupied elsewhere lately....
In the past, the ships started to move again during Texas business hours. So if Texas is closed don't expect any movement until Texas opens again next day. This why I don't expect there to be any movement from these ships in the morning.
Hi Mr Miserable,

I was not familiar with the 2021 developments. Thanks for sharing these thoughts, are indeed very plausible when you look at it this way.

We are going to wait and see.

Want to thank you immensely anyway for all the useful info in this topic!!!

View attachment 877300

If it was weather related RCC Europe would have docked at Southampton - she's been sitting there for 2 days and crossed the Bay of Biscay directly the previous day... Despite Abidjan taking a more cautious route a couple of days before

I’m supposed to pick up my model y rwd on 5-12 in The Netherlands, car is on Carrera unfortunetaly. Soms ship trackers give an eta to Zeebrugge 29-11 however this site says 11-12 CARRERA - Vehicles Carrier (IMO: 9432880, MMSI: 235059376) | MyShipTracking

I sure hope not, what do you guys think?
Here also a pick-up time, a little later (07/12) but also on the Carrera. Indeed, I have also come across 11/12 on some ship finders. Assuming she still has about four days to sail from her current position, I do have my strong doubts about this date. That would leave her bobbing at sea for another two weeks. But yes we don't know now, it's wait and see.

Reactions: JWTheKING
Status
Not open for further replies.