Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla Model 3 LR Projector to Matrix headlight retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything does for me, to each their own.
Yeah they won't work for long, when the car deep sleeps lights will not come back to life. Need to actually reconfig the gateway for them to function correctly.
Have them in my 2018 M3P and reconfiged correctly.
True test is to do the light show and see if the word Tesla shows up from the lights. If they don't then car is not reconfigured correctly.
Also in the service menu and showing the software tab
It says specifically matrix lights global for the ECU software

Yeah they won't work for long, when the car deep sleeps lights will not come back to life. Need to actually reconfig the gateway for them to function correctly.
Have them in my 2018 M3P and reconfiged correctly.
True test is to do the light show and see if the word Tesla shows up from the lights. If they don't then car is not reconfigured correctly.
Also in the service menu and showing the software tab
It says specifically matrix lights global for the ECU software
Received and installed my matrix headlights today. Had the car coded last Tuesday and the old headlights have worked ever since, as long as you don’t update the car or reinstall software the old headlights should still work.

Attachments

• IMG_2627.jpeg
    IMG_2627.jpeg
    525.5 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Durzel
Posted this in the other topic, but probably deserves its own thread. US EPC seems to have removed the non global headlamps from the catalog and now says anyone with the old headlights would need both lights replaced and vehicle config updated. Since that’s the official rec, the Tesla shop should be able to do it.

Unclear as to whether they’ll be willing to do it for used / gray market lights.

Excerpt from the EPC below:
View attachment 1034036
Does this mean that a level 3 tech/super is not needed anymore to perform this retrofit?

Does this mean that a level 3 tech/super is not needed anymore to perform this retrofit?
With Tesla who knows. They sometimes make changes before the infrastructure is there. But it should theoretically be something any service center could do. And I would argue they should give body shops that access since occasionally accidents will lead to needing new headlights