Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Tesla Model 3 LR Projector to Matrix headlight retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it seems like we don't get the nice gui that the service techs have, but the actual action that is called by that dashboard is PROC_ICE_X_SAFE-SET-VEHICLE-CONFIGS. That action is available (at least on my car). But that means we have to figure out what arguments to actually send instead of the gui doing it for us.

Interestingly the javascript file that toolbox loads does seem to have the code for functions that we don't have access to. While I can follow some of it, it's obfuscated enough that I can't get a handle on how to properly use above action.
That's awesome! Did you end up buying toolbox for the month or sharing with someone?

tthere are about zero problems (and it was always like that, no recent changes) installing matrix headlights and redeploying firmware (ecu-only reinstall in the service mode menu). The only thing you need to do is to change the headlight type in the car config (variable id 28) from premium to global (value = 2).
If you don't change the car config it won't work obviously.

tthere are about zero problems (and it was always like that, no recent changes) installing matrix headlights and redeploying firmware (ecu-only reinstall in the service mode menu). The only thing you need to do is to change the headlight type in the car config (variable id 28) from premium to global (value = 2).
Any tips on doing so? Seemingly the "Set Vehicle Configs with safe gateway and ice reboot" (PROC_ICE_X_SAFE-SET-VEHICLE-CONFIGS) action within toolbox should be able to do the task. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to pass the parameters. I think it should be {"configid":28,"data":"02"} (or whatever other configid and value that needs to be edited) -- but it won't take

1669775794045.png

(weill I typo'd 01 up there, but same deal)

Just saw this sorry that is correct nothing will change till we change those values problem is nobody knows how to do it.

Reactions: WhiteM3P-
the set gw config odin task only allows unlimited changing for Tesla personnel, if you purchased access to toolbox as a 3rd-party, then you can only use it to change tow package, car color and tires type variables, nothing else. Also your syntax is wrong.