Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit to matrix (global) headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, i have been following the thread and i would like to retrofit my model x with matrix headlights , could you please help me i have some questions.i have a 2023 model x build January 2023, and i haven't done any retrofits prior .
1.do i need to remove the front bumper to replace the headlight?
2.where do i find the ethernet port?
3.what parts should i order along with headlights!!

Hello everyone, i have been following the thread and i would like to retrofit my model x with matrix headlights , could you please help me i have some questions.i have a 2023 model x build January 2023, and i haven't done any retrofits prior .
I’d suggest skimming through all previous pages here. It has all the info.

Yes
Above charging pad
You need an adapter. Sold on ebay or a website if you skim through this thread. Same seller. (ebay search: Model X Matrix headlights)

They also need to be programmed. Read the thread, lots of info.

Yes
Above charging pad
You need an adapter. Sold on ebay or a website if you skim through this thread. Same seller. (ebay search: Model X Matrix headlights)

They also need to be programmed. Read the thread, lots of info.
Thanks for the update , after looking at upcoming software update for matrix headlights i have placed the order same ebay friend !! Have to order adapter now.

My headlights came in today from our ebay friend. he accepted an offer $100 below his asking price and the headlights were in fact new. Not sure where hes getting them from. Tesla quoted an insane price.
They have confirmed to me that they are "seconds" but I have been unable to find out what was wrong with them. Mine seem to work fine but since I came from SAE lights I probably would not recognize the deficiency.

Installed my matrix headlights last night and it was a success besides one problem.
Has anyone encounter the problem with the right/ passenger side headlight not adjusting the same to the left/drivers side? The right side doesn’t adjust as low as to the left side when adjusting to the lowest setting for both headlights. See picture below with both headlights set at the lowest settings. Also adjusting to the highest setting on both headlights, left doesn’t go as high as the right side.

Attachments

• IMG_6650.jpeg
    IMG_6650.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6648.jpeg
    IMG_6648.jpeg
    568.6 KB · Views: 7
Installed my matrix headlights last night and it was a success besides one problem.
Has anyone encounter the problem with the right/ passenger side headlight not adjusting the same to the left/drivers side? The right side doesn’t adjust as low as to the left side when adjusting to the lowest setting for both headlights. See picture below with both headlights set at the lowest settings. Also adjusting to the highest setting on both headlights, left doesn’t go as high as the right side.
Just looked at the top of your right headlight. Looks a bit sunken in against the side panel/ fender. That means it’s pointing up. Jiggle it level to the panels?

Reactions: leecox and Rockwell
I had the former Tesla tech install mine and code them. He also fixed a rattle in my car. He bought a 1 day access to Toolbox and said it looked similar to what they used as a tech, just a lower level access. Changing lights to global would not stick so we had to code them the other way which worked fine. I plan to aim them tonight.

Anyone in the Raleigh area hit me up if you need contact info to a former Tesla tech. Hes now a master tech with BMW and also worked for Lamborghini. Very nice guy and very affordable. He enabled the tow package for my neighbors Y and fixed a couple rattles on his car. Hes coming back to swap me to a round wheel and install stalks when they arrive.

Reactions: RabidYak
Can anyone confirm if we need to follow this for the physical aiming?

Or are the matrix full aiming done on the screen? I dont recall seeing adjusters on the lights themselves like the old ones.

Can anyone confirm if we need to follow this for the physical aiming?

Or are the matrix full aiming done on the screen? I dont recall seeing adjusters on the lights themselves like the old ones.
Yes. Once the headlights are set as global headlights in the configuration, the adjust headlights routine appears in the service window.

Can someone help.
Is it good to buy one day subscription for toolbox and update the code !!
Or ask someone to remote and make him update the configuration? If so could someone DM me contact.
A day is more than enough. Just don’t buy it until your lights are physically in your hands and your old lights are out :) don’t trust FedEx!

Don’t ask me how I know!

Reactions: erik.gnzo and Bull