Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess I just have to wait a little longer

If that becomes too long assume there is a problem - although that's unlikely if you have already had some updates ... and for a new car, which spent a month on a boat from China, I would expect it to want to do a couple of downloads the moment you park it on your driveway - so you'll already know about them - unless that happened already in a Tesla car park before collection.

You could check your model on TeslaFi - pretty sure that "Fleet Version" is a freebie - assuming that you can filter on both model and geography

Here's the link (no login required) ... TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker scrolling down gives you all the stats ... most significantly it shows what percentage are currently on which software version. It's helpful to note that at this moment 20.9% of the fleet are on 12.1 ... though that percentage is rising all the time.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I Had the opportunity to drive at night the other evening. There is no noticeable improvement to Auto high beam. It’s as good, or bad as it was at the beginning of the year. It still takes at least 3 if not 4 seconds to come back up having dipped and still dips for bend chevrons.
Drove our new Peugeot last night. AHB comes back after 2 seconds and doesn’t dip for the same set of chevrons.
Dipping on both cars were pretty well equal. Quite timely but that won’t be everyone’s experience.
Peugeot is the better!
It's "ok". I don't find myself hovering over the stalk anymore, which is all I dared hope for really.

It turns off when seenig distant rear lights and is better than it originally was at turning off at oncoming cars. It isn't as good as the same technology on cars I've previously driven that were 10 years older.

Reactions: M1tch
No issues with WiFi. Guess I just have to wait a little longer. Thanks
You only need WiFi to download (most of) the updates. You still get notification of an available over lte. That will then prompt you to connect to wifi to do the download.

Some updates will be downloadable over lte, but they are few and typically updates containing mandatory safety, security or regulatory changes.

Reactions: H43lio
It's "ok". I don't find myself hovering over the stalk anymore, which is all I dared hope for really.

It turns off when seenig distant rear lights and is better than it originally was at turning off at oncoming cars. It isn't as good as the same technology on cars I've previously driven that were 10 years older.
The other thing that was noticeable was that The Tesla dips the high beam when it sees reflectors on the back of parked cars. The eRifter ignored them. That the behaviour I’d expect.

So what would you have done if you’d already been on the motorway with a 200 mile journey ahead of you? Pulled off specially just to clean a bit of glass?

But then that’s never worked for me either. The wipers are just crap, and I can confirm they haven’t improved with the latest update.
I'm not at all saying that it's an acceptable solution, but keeping some screen cleaner and a cloth in the boot is an adaption I've made to be able to live with the current issue. In the last 10 months since I've had vision based autopilot it's been an issue 3 times, so not the biggest of issues for me personally.

I'm not at all saying that it's an acceptable solution, but keeping some screen cleaner and a cloth in the boot is an adaption I've made to be able to live with the current issue. In the last 10 months since I've had vision based autopilot it's been an issue 3 times, so not the biggest of issues for me personally.

Same here ... dry wiping has been an extremely rare occurrence on mine ... maybe 4 or 5 instances since 2019 so includes different periods when the rain sensing software has been changed/updated. Any issue I have had with the wipers is more to do with needing a little more wiping activity rather than less. Not bad at all during the day but notably poor in the dark when I have frequently just used manual control. Oddly I had a situation where wiping on auto was not activating enough (at night) but when I put the car into Autopilot the auto wipers worked just fine 🤷‍♂️ .

Reactions: Doudeau and init6
The other thing that was noticeable was that The Tesla dips the high beam when it sees reflectors on the back of parked cars. The eRifter ignored them. That the behaviour I’d expect.
Yeah, don't know what's going on there, and to be honest we just have to accept it is what it is :(

I also get the chevrons experience, and main beams staying on when I'm driving through street lit villages. Auto high beam beta as per.

Reactions: Dilly
Yeah, don't know what's going on there, and to be honest we just have to accept it is what it is :(

I also get the chevrons experience, and main beams staying on when I'm driving through street lit villages. Auto high beam beta as per.
It's interesting as I also have an issue with high beams being on through street lit roads. But never any of the other issues you have seen.

Reactions: H43lio
Jason,
I have some bad news! When you get bifocals you will find that the upper portion is for distance ie driving, and the lower portion for reading - for example a book or paper at reading distance. The screen is further than normal reading distance so the small text is not distinct at that range. Hence why us coffin dodgers are looking forward to large text becoming available.
C'mon how many of us bi-focalies have thought about asking optician about offsetting the reading bit over to the left...

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricPolice
Here's the link (no login required) ... TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker scrolling down gives you all the stats ... most significantly it shows what percentage are currently on which software version. It's helpful to note that at this moment 20.9% of the fleet are on 12.1 ... though that percentage is rising all the time.
You can also see regional / model / year heat maps for the roll out here. It’s rubbish on mobile unless you turn your phone sideways. But does show how things differ

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
the left button is good but I wish you could pick things on the list. I want 2-3 things (save clip, temperature and glovebox) but its 1/all/nothing. So for now its just temperature. I didn't think I minded using the touch screen but having it physically is really handy. I might experiment with glove box though as thats the most annoying - voice is hit and miss and I hate using it with passengers, but its tucked away too far otherwise.

Finally got 2023.12.1.1 this morning and had a quick first look at the changes.

Scroll wheel button thing is a good improvement, but tbh I’m still glad to have S3XY buttons installed for dedicated stuff like chill/standard, glovebox, interior lights etc.

The length of time to wait whilst holding down the scroll wheel just feels a bit long - I think I’d rather a single press was all that required, and it was hold to mute instead. (Mute isn’t really even required - it’s almost just as easy to roll the volume to zero.)

Last edited: