Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.6.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be interesting to see if USS equipped models get this update and, if so, what happens to their USS….
Hopefully USS will be used as well and it will be a case of two eyes are better than one. Not like they are not having to fuse multiple USS sensors already and if reports that cameras are treated as virtual sensors are correct then hopefully it will be relatively straightforward.

Cameras will do better than USS at some objects eg lines, but imho USS still the sensor of choice for other objects. I hope they merge both types.

Reactions: Mistake Not

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230324_100934_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230324_100934_Gallery.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Durzel
I never had the balls to try but shouldn’t it auto break to stop you hitting it at low speed?

If it auto breaks then it won't work at all ... ;)

To auto brake it needs working sensors to trigger the braking aspect. So either USS or, hopefully, the camera based alternative. In any case emergency braking systems don't come with a guarantee to avoiding impact in all situations so you are very wise not to test it out!

Last edited:
I see a lot of people on this UK-centric thread have been getting 2023.6.x updates - I'm still on 2023.2.12 which was pushed to me on the day I picked the car up three weeks ago. Is there something I need to do to get onto the latest version? I saw in the settings an 'Advanced' mode for software updates, but left it unticked.

If it auto breaks then it won't work at all ...

To auto brake it needs working sensors to trigger the braking aspect. So either USS or, hopefully, the camera based alternative. In any case emergency braking systems don't come with a guarantee to avoiding impact in all situations so you are very wise not to test it out!
I have USS from the q1 last year batch - but I have never seen it stop and I got distracted about 5 m between wall and back of car - but it was beeping at me so wasn’t sure if you can override and it would stop.

I see a lot of people on this UK-centric thread have been getting 2023.6.x updates - I'm still on 2023.2.12 which was pushed to me on the day I picked the car up three weeks ago. Is there something I need to do to get onto the latest version? I saw in the settings an 'Advanced' mode for software updates, but left it unticked.
Advanced means you’ll be offered an update sooner. Some people prefer to wait a while and see if advanced users find bugs, which they wish to avoid, that may cause an update to stop roll out.
If you want updates sooner, tick advanced but be prepared for possible bugs.

Reactions: ajmorr.is
I saw in the settings an 'Advanced' mode for software updates, but left it unticked.
Advance may or may not mean you get any updates sooner. What standard now appears to do is to wait until Tesla have released the last version of that branch, but not necessarily.

No matter what you select, Tesla will release software for your car in their own time, which will be different from everyone else’s timing. So just because others have later versions it doesn’t mean that you are behind. It, or a different version will come at some point when it’s your cars turn.

First 20 mile journey since latest update and just because this is TMF and everything is generally negative I’m going to cause trouble and say the auto wipers were awesome!

Weather was sunny bursts and sudden showers, going from lovely bright sunshine, through a little drizzle to full on pi$$ing it down then stopped as soon as started.

Well, the wipers caught the immediate drizzle, a little startling as usually takes a little prompt from me in really light rain. Then it speeded up to max when the heavens opened. And then when the sun popped out again calmness was restored and the wipers slowed down and stopped.

I would apologise for the positivity as that seems somewhat lost on here? But I’m not going to as I’m a glass half full person.