Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.6.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would anyone waste development effort on anything related to driving when all but the planner will be replaced?
Accepting that there is obviously limited development effort on the legacy stack - I'm surprised to hear you say that you think the planner is done and will not be replaced. I'd say it's the other way rouund; it seems to me that perception is now close to being a solved problem (in FSD beta/single stack) but planning is still more of a work in progress. YMMV.

Accepting that there is obviously limited development effort on the legacy stack - I'm surprised to hear you say that you think the planner is done and will not be replaced. I'd say it's the other way rouund; it seems to me that perception is now close to being a solved problem (in FSD beta/single stack) but planning is still more of a work in progress. YMMV.
The only issue with the planner is poor input from the cameras, the single stack largely addresses that.
The big question is how well the code has been design to facilitate the dropping in of the single stack - judging by the year late in the USA - you'd hope all the heavy lifting had been done

got 6.8 notification..

Main question - USS NOT DISABLED? If not - I am downloading... :)

note: I am paranoid that they will disable USS for cars with USS as they did with radar...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same question regarding radar. but it was done for "reasons".

therefore I would like better be safe than sorry
When they turned off radar I didn’t notice any significant difference in performance (no more than the usual fluctuations between releases). There is no USS replacement so far other than a picture that might get used in the release notes if and when they decide to push it out, so I can’t see them turning off the sensors for some time