Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, no love for us android users... Google podcasts would be nice
Yeah I mostly listen to podcasts in the car but as an android user this doesn't help and is a bummer.

Google podcasts is going away too unfortunately and getting rolled into Youtube music. Another reason to support Youtube Music in addition to the Youtube premium benefit.

Yeah I mostly listen to podcasts in the car but as an android user this doesn't help and is a bummer.

Google podcasts is going away too unfortunately and getting rolled into Youtube music. Another reason to support Youtube Music in addition to the Youtube premium benefit.

You would think that Tesla would easily roll that out. Hell they got youtube already in the car.

Reactions: Smileysam
I like automatic crash notification. I've never used it and I hope I never do, but it gives me peace of mind. I was actually quite surprised that Tesla hasn't had it (at least in the US) considering GM has had it in OnStar for nearly a quarter of a century. And, a Bluetooth-connected version has been standard in even the cheapest Hondas for years.

The additional live camera views in the app are welcome, but they are of limited value to me unless they also record in Sentry Mode and Dashcam.

As far as the Apple-related updates, I'd rather have stable Apple Music first. I tried it for the first few months of ownership. It would work fine for hours or sometimes days then randomly stop playing and wouldn't restart without signing out and signing back in or rebooting the display. It was so annoying that I stopped listening to Apple Music and have listened to stations on TuneIn since then. I haven't had problems with any other audio source except for Apple Music.

The custom lock sounds should be fun.

I like automatic crash notification. I've never used it and I hope I never do, but it gives me peace of mind. I was actually quite surprised that Tesla hasn't had it (at least in the US) considering GM has had it in OnStar for nearly a quarter of a century. And, a Bluetooth-connected version has been standard in even the cheapest Hondas for years.

The additional live camera views in the app are welcome, but they are of limited value to me unless they also record in Sentry Mode and Dashcam.

As far as the Apple-related updates, I'd rather have stable Apple Music first. I tried it for the first few months of ownership. It would work fine for hours or sometimes days then randomly stop playing and wouldn't restart without signing out and signing back in or rebooting the display. It was so annoying that I stopped listening to Apple Music and have listened to stations on TuneIn since then. I haven't had problems with any other audio source except for Apple Music.

The custom lock sounds should be fun.
Anecdotally, from a few different accounts I've heard, Tesla seems to call you if your airbags deploy to see if you need emergency assistance.

The latest added items are just more lumps of coal. Custom lock sound? Wheee! Modified park assist? I will reserve judgement until I see it in action while I park the car, but it looks like more eye candy. Maybe it's indicative of improved close object estimation that will drive autopark down the road. One can hope...

Maybe if I had a car with a rear screen and some whining kids I would appreciate the rear screen goodies. Don't, so don't.

So, all in all, looks like coal.

Reactions: DJ Palmis