Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t read due to the paywall. Is it a separate brightness limit for when adaptive headlights are active or just regulation for all headlights?
Here is an excerpt from the article.

The ruling came with a caveat, however: The lights will have to be dimmer than those used in Europe, for example, owing to a standard set in the United States in the 1970s.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I've used this for several years, unfortunately the driver mirror on my model 3 doesn't adjust out far enough for my seating position. I've got a euro-spec mirror on order to hopefully solve this.
Euro spec works! I bought wider angle mirror off ebay that's the same as the euro specs, made a huge difference. I've always adjusted my mirrors according to that guide to eliminate blind spot, the Model 3 is my only car where the mirror doesn't swing to the left enough on the driver's side from my seating position.

Reactions: unhyphy
I was hoping for Track mode to go along with Acceleration Boost. Bummer....
i hoped for that for >1yr for my Y.

Ended up getting a M3P with it. If I could have gotten track mode on a M3LR+AB i would have gotten that instead. Tesla likely knows this and will keep limit it to the performance models.

One of my major decision factors, as someone whose takes their car to the track, was that software. That (and the bigger brakes) were what made me willing to pay more for the M3P than the M3LR. Don't care about 20" rims or a carbon fiber spoiler. I care about "go", not "show".

Reactions: 804son
Oh, of course. I should've been able to figure that out.
my dash computer screen-under software says "im all caught up as of Dec 14-2023.....but I checked the light show....Nope nothing there, cept last years update "carole of the bells and the other update from prior year". I looked under release notes----it says the prior update........so I'm definetly not all caught up, despite what it says.

my dash computer screen-under software says "im all caught up as of Dec 14-2023.....but I checked the light show....Nope nothing there, cept last years update "carole of the bells and the other update from prior year". I looked under release notes----it says the prior update........so I'm definetly not all caught up, despite what it says.
The car always says it's up to date unless it is updating at the time you look. But that doesn't mean it has the latest update that's out there.