Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot of the release notes or it never happened 😉
IMG_6607.png

that's pretty dumb if that's the case but oh well. can't have it all I suppose. Hopefully we get some kind posters to show us how the new park assist looks :)
yeah I considered that, but after more thought, the "Birdseye" screenshot looks like a sloppy pile of crap compared to the incredibly accurate USS coupled with live cameras that cars with USS currently have. So I wondered how this would be implemented, I assume side by side with cameras idk, I will be curious to see the YouTube videos of how accurate it is for the non USS cars.

Last edited:
yeah I considered that, but after more thought, the "Birdseye" screenshot looks like a sloppy pile of crap compared to the incredibly accurate USS coupled with live cameras that cars with USS currently have. So I wondered how this would be implemented, I assume side by side with cameras idk, I will be curious to see the YouTube videos of how accurate it is for the non USS cars.
good point. unless they got an ace up their sleeve there needs to be a front bumper camera so there aren't any blindspots. but maybe this update will "fix" tesla vision.

Credit where it’s due, Vision seems to detect stuff on the sides well, including kerbs etc. USS doesn’t do this at all.

Whilst I definitely wouldn’t trade the precision of USS for this visualisation, particularly at the front, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to this feature as a “woo new stuff” thing. It would be an upgrade to have visualisation of the sides of the car even if the front and back was still USS based.

Oh well!

(I haven’t had the update yet but several sources are confirming that it’s not available on USS cars)

Reactions: sleepydoc and WllXM
Credit where it’s due, Vision seems to detect stuff on the sides well, including kerbs etc. USS doesn’t do this at all.

Whilst I definitely wouldn’t trade the precision of USS for this visualisation, particularly at the front, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to this feature as a “woo new stuff” thing. It would be an upgrade to have visualisation of the sides of the car even if the front and back was still USS based.

Oh well!

(I haven’t had the update yet but several sources are confirming that it’s not available on USS cars)
hey I'm all for a good software solution and tesla vision is pretty impressive with what it can accomplish. I'm not even really against it per se. I just think it would benefit from a front bumper camera. (im jealous vision only users are getting this hifi park assist 😁)

hey I'm all for a good software solution and tesla vision is pretty impressive with what it can accomplish. I'm not even really against it per se. I just think it would benefit from a front bumper camera. (im jealous vision only users are getting this hifi park assist 😁)
We will be getting it (USS Cars) and the fact that it has been left off of the USS cars in this release puts the writing firmly on the wall that when we do get it, they will deactivate the USS, which sucks, especially because the cars that have them typically costs a lot more because they predate the price cuts, so deactivating any of our hardware feels like another slap in the face honestly.

Still installing, taking ages which makes sense I suppose. Just read the release notes, no mention of the visual changes so on my 2021 with USS that doesn't surprise me, new light show and you can now have multiple shows on the same stick, which is a nice change.

Autopilot now suspends you if you get 5 forced disengagements in a week. Guess that's because of the recent issues they have had.

We will be getting it (USS Cars) and the fact that it has been left off of the USS cars in this release puts the writing firmly on the wall that when we do get it, they will deactivate the USS, which sucks, especially because the cars that have them typically costs a lot more because they predate the price cuts, so deactivating any of our hardware feels like another slap in the face honestly.

I suspect that HPFA doesn’t work with USS as they contradict each other. I have a feeling USS cars won’t get it as it will drive new cars sales. They must know it has been a big sticking point for buyers having no effective parking sensors. I know someone that bought a Kia instead of a Tesla for this reason.

Reactions: unai and Durzel
Honestly I don’t get it and it makes me a little angry.
There are no hardware limitations as USS cars have the same cameras and processing unit as USS-less cars.
They could definitely have implemented some sort of sensor fusion and display the two at the same time.
This is the single feature I wanted to have out of the holiday update.
Definitely looks like a push / punishment to make us believe Vision is better than USS. Won’t fly with me.

Reactions: unai and Pants