Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eh?
It literally does :)))

Turn on AP, drive without touching steering wheel, get yellow steering wheel shown in the screen and AP is not available for you till end of drive, until you turn In P and into D again

Same applies if you have AP enabled and accelerate past 85 mph now as @M1tch said
So me and you have a different opinion of what “forcibly disengaged” means. I took it to mean overriding the steering or something.

To be honest if you’re being locked out through either no holding the wheel or speeding, then it’s not really Tesla’s fault, is it?

I use Autopilot for about 90% of my driving and I’ve never been locked out.

Genuinely interested at what you were doing to miss the warnings to wiggle the wheel.

As for doing 85 mph, 20k miles per year really is no excuse. Chill out, there’s really no need to be going that fast.
Sometimes nothing, sometimes wanted to pass that lorry as 5 bmw sit on my back... So suddenly went from 72 to 80-ish which was apparently a bit above 85 mph (happened on track, cough cough). Btw, have you ever been to germany?!
For the record, my AP is set to Speed limit +2. And majority of miles done at 70-72 range.
Other time it was nagging me every 5 s and somehow did not record steering wheel wiggle

I mean it is not often, it happens, I would say even it's rare occasion. Nevertheless it is still stupid

Last edited:
I’ve had AP disengage and refuse to function on me before. But it’s only been when the motorway has orange cones for miles. The system gets extra sensitive and paranoid and does that double beep thing without the build up warnings constantly.

I’ve learned to just not use it on the way to Dover/Folkstone, but I can see that catching people out.
^^ this happened as well btw

So me and you have a different opinion of what “forcibly disengaged” means. I took it to mean overriding the steering or something.

To be honest if you’re being locked out through either no holding the wheel or speeding, then it’s not really Tesla’s fault, is it?

I use Autopilot for about 90% of my driving and I’ve never been locked out.
The point being, that all sensible manufacturers after disabling the feature allows to enable it again.
Tesla disables it until end of drive which is stupid. But now there's rumor it can disable that for longer. Which is stupidest thing ever
That disengagement can happen for various reasons as per above. But penalty for that is stupid.

P.s. ever drove on Autobahn!?

Struggling to rustle up sympathy for people who are getting forced AP disconnections on a regular basis. I don’t think I’ve had one in all the time I’ve owned my car (nearly 4 years).

In a performance model its trivially easy to do - i.e. unintentionally.

For example, travelling at 60 MPH and have reason to press accelerator - i.e. getting into a gap ahead is better than slowing to find one behind.

Probably less than 1 second before you are over 85. I could, of course, disable AP before I accelerate ... but in that situation having to do that is not really the right requirement ...

I've definitely done it multiple times, although you are right : NOT "on a regular basis" :)

I think the penalty of "no AP until you stop, and PARK" is contrary to AP providing me, the driver, with safety aids / benefits

Reactions: yessuz
Struggling to rustle up sympathy for people who are getting forced AP disconnections on a regular basis. I don’t think I’ve had one in all the time I’ve owned my car (nearly 4 years).

Either these people are going out of their way to ignore the flashing blue warnings, or refuse to acknowledge the request to apply torque for whatever reason, or they have a faulty car.
Can't say as I have it happen on a regular basis but I have had several unjustified forced disconnects when using FSD. Others have reported the same and the general conclusion was that there were some bugs in the driver monitoring algorithms. They don't typically happen on a regular basis though.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz and Durzel
Driving the MYLR has made me forget how I’m supposed to use my M3P 😂

Oooh, software update notification has just landed as I was typing this

Edit: no ultrasound parking visuals for my Ryzen + USS M3P in the release notes. Nothing yet for the Y.

Also no mention of cameras on the map. Not happy with that…

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
The point being, you cannot drive faster than 85 on autobahn.
With radar enabled you could go 95
On the numerous occasions that I’ve driven on the autobahn (I work for a German company) I cannot think of a single occasion where I felt any desire to set cruise control at more than 85mph. The majority of people drive at roughly the same speeds as UK, outside lane seems to be up to around 75-80mph and of course the trucks and other restricted vehicles are still pootling along at the limited 56mph and other vehicles are avoiding & overtaking these. The actual times you do actually let loose are very manual and very much not on cruise control.

PS, max speed I ever got to was 149mph in a Volvo. It lasted for about 5 seconds.

Checked the release notes in the car and there’s no mention of the speed cameras there either, which is very disappointing.

Also another disappointment is that any custom feeds to have on Apple Podcasts don’t appear in the car either so I’m still going to have to mess about with my phone to queue stuff up before I set off.

All in all this game changer update is a damp squib. Give us CarPlay.

Checked the release notes in the car and there’s no mention of the speed cameras there either, which is very disappointing.

Also another disappointment is that any custom feeds to have on Apple Podcasts don’t appear in the car either so I’m still going to have to mess about with my phone to queue stuff up before I set off.

No car update, but the app updated and they changed the way software version is show?

It now displays a suffix value

2023.44.1 d0b7099fb39d <- didn’t see this b4

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz

Speed camera mapping would make subscribing to Premium Connectivity in perpetuity a no-brainer now. That and the custom lock sounds would be a decent update for me. No sign of the update though but it looks like it won't be that great for my car anyway.

HFPA looks unappealing IMO; glad that's not coming to USS cars.

Telescope posted that Ashok Elluswamy (who works on AI at Tesla) said that “vehicles with ultrasonics will receive the park assist visualizations in a future update!”
IMG_0342.png