Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, scrap that. The release notes in the app have changed and now include the speed cameras. (No traffic lights oddly)

Not driven it yet.
Well spotted, indeed it is now mentioned and I don't recall seeing it immediately after the update. This is on or 2019 M3P. Still no update offered on our 2022 MYLR.

IMG_01D7506BC4AD-1.jpeg

Actually, scrap that. The release notes in the app have changed and now include the speed cameras. (No traffic lights oddly)

Not driven it yet.
Yes also noticed it didn’t mention it initially but now it does. We don’t bother with Premium Connectivity as we just hotspot our phone but maybe this will make it worth it. If it was my car I’d have it but it’s the misses.

Front cameras are impossible to keep clean so I doubt they will ever resort to that as a solution.

Honestly, what makes the most sense is to combine USS with the cameras but Elon’s to stubborn to do that.
They could integrate a washer into the cam like the Cybertruck. Yes, it will add complexity to the system but it's possible.

I do agree that USS is better. I've been saying that they'd benefit from a mix of sensors and cameras but 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: sleepydoc