Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read it here

And my car has the Atom and USS
Also it’s not on my release notes ☹️
They know nothing, all they do is harvest up tweets and reports by others and turn it into a little article. Then somebody tweets something different and they print that even if it conflicts with the first, then it changes again.. you’ll probably be able to find every combination both working and not working on there.

I have been having connectivity issues for a couple of weeks now prior to this update . I think others here have too.
I’ve noticed in past weeks the connectivity keeps dropping and I get the no signal icon appear on screen. It’s really frustrating as it can take a while to reconnect and seems to happen in places where there are no signal issues.

I was thinking about raising a service request, but if others are encountering it sounds like a software related issue.

Reactions: Mistake Not
I’ve noticed in past weeks the connectivity keeps dropping and I get the no signal icon appear on screen. It’s really frustrating as it can take a while to reconnect and seems to happen in places where there are no signal issues.

I was thinking about raising a service request, but if others are encountering it sounds like a software related issue.
It's intermittent for me. Some days no issues. Others I can do full journeys with no connection. You start to wonder at what point we should get some sort of compensation (🤣)

Would anyone recommend not updating based on the comments about Autopilot nag?
I'm rarely strong enough to reject an upgrade for long.

Being a holiday update, it would depend if the new features outweighs the potential inconvenience.

Personally I never had 5 forced disengagements in a month, much less a week, so I think this should not be a problem for most of us.

Being a holiday update, it would depend if the new features outweighs the potential inconvenience.

Personally I never had 5 forced disengagements in a month, much less a week, so I think this should not be a problem for most of us.
I agree, although people are saying that the disengagements are easier to trigger by merely adjusting vents.

It looks like this update utilises the cabin camera far more and appears a little sensitive, that's what is causing people to suddenly start posting about forced disengagements. Of course, if the cabin camera is covered somehow then it can't track your eyes - I have no idea what happens in that scenario.

Me after the new Autopilot changes, sweating in case I get locked out for looking at the clock -
1703067484209.png

So I got the update last night (UK - MYLR). It took imho notably longer to install than others prior.
I have USS, so no Hifi Vision park assist which is a shame since it does appear to provide better observability of obstructions when reversing into spaces with restricted height near the boot, which I encounter a lot in my travels.

I'm glad non-USS users have an upgrade at least.

I run Waze on phone, in tandem with tesla map for commute to London and as far as I can see, I can't find any speed cameras in the map enroute (in planning window). It is mentioned in release notes but my route has cameras, loads of them. They are visible in Gmaps and Waze but not tesla.

Why is it advertised if its not present?

I haven't tried RED warning on the side cameras when indicating with obstruction.

Podcast I don't use, lock sounds not used. It's not very useful holiday update for me. Mileage will vary for others no doubt.

I use 'Autosteer Beta' over TACC and have the cover over my internal camera
I tried Autopilot under my newest update 30.2 and I'm getting 'provide wheel input' every 2-300yds now, used to be 1/4 - 1/2mile on the motorway

Anyone else experiencing much more regular requests for steering input?

I haven't driven myself but Mrs McChimp just nipped out and sent me this. It does seem to reasonably represent the area in our driver where we park. She did say it seemed to beep less than it used to. So that in itself is a win for me!
NotIMG-20231220-WA0003.jpg sure if it will move around like the lines used to though.