Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning on my first long drive, I got numerous ‘lane assist unavailable, may resume on next drive’ and ‘some autopilot features disabled, may be available on next drive’. I have no idea what’s causing this other than maybe dirty cameras? I’ve had no autopilot disengagements for the counter to prevent me using these features and autopilot seemed to work as normal (lane keep assist didn’t). Anyone any ideas?
I had this quite a lot last week and as the car was particularly dirty I took it for a clean last weekend as I’ve got a long journey on Saturday and the messages disappeared.

I wonder which high-paid software engineer thought it would be a great idea to put speed cameras on your route only. What a stupid system.
I’m not sure I care if I’m not driving past one. Why would I?

My issue is 99% of them seem missing. I drove from Brighton to the North West yesterday and there were only a few (3 from memory), all on a short stretch of roadworks on the M25.

I must be easily pleased but I’ve seen good (maybe I’d go as far as significant) progress with the sat nav software over the 4 years of ownership. It was so rudimentary a few years ago.

I was nicely surprised to see that you are told if you are entering or exiting an average speed camera zone. Hadn’t spotted that on these threads but there are loads around me so good for me.

I used to use the TomTom app a few years back and that used to give your average speeds between the cameras - that’ll be nice to get in a future update. Maybe Xmas 2025 🤷‍♂️.

Not sure. Because in my case it always draws same routes, traffic info, alternative routes and durations, somewhat different from waze :/

Yet waze is also owned by google

Ive tested the same route with tomtom, apple maps and google maps and all gave me the same logic route. It is torture to watch the way the car tries to get me to the same destination rerouting many times #528

I wouldn't get overly stressed about it....IMHO (USS reliable) distance estimations are of far more value than a few iffy graphics.
I’ve found the distance estimations of my USS to be quite good, actually better than my perception of the distance on the wide angle rear camera. The main problem is they image things like kerbs show up inconsistently if at all using USS. Of course, USS are not infallible - the screen frequently shows me parked over the rubbish bin in our garage!

For somebody who doesn't speed, you seem awfully concerned about being able to see where speed cameras are.
Several years ago there were a couple of kids here in the States who teamed up to warn drivers of a speed trap - one stood with a sign warning drivers a few blocks before the trap, the other had a sign a couple blocks after asking for tips. The police were not happy!